Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not because if we go by here a LOT of characters and companies not named Marvel or DC shouldn't exist. Because "nobody" reads those books.
    Most folks read what they want to read and go about their business.

There is no hoping something someone dislikes fails and should never be used again.

Yet as we have seen with Marvel movies and even the toys and merchandise of both companies-a different story is being told.

Jon does have an audience and like with so many others-they are bothering to post on sites like this. I mean if folks openly have a disgust for your character and some of that has NOTHING to do with story-would you come here?
    Story entirely the problem here as well as character or lack there off.Jon has fanbase.but i don't think the teen version built it nor can it sustain it with the way they are billing the dude
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Give Jon some worthwhile villains to oppose. That give him a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Give Jon some worthwhile villains to oppose. That give him a challenge.
    Space luchadores?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Story entirely the problem here as well as character or lack there off.Jon has fanbase.but i don't think the teen version built it nor can it sustain it with the way they are billing the dude
    Yeah. Kid had a fanbase...but Teen Jon has struggled. DC did a ton of pushing for him...but everything kinda fell flat.

Mighty Member

How do we know Teen Jon has struggled? The book sales?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    The fact that he went from being pushed hard...to his book being cancelled in less than 2 years...and is now being left out of major events like the Brainiac storyline...indicates that DC isn't thrilled with his performance.

Jon was the protagonist of superman rebirth earning the ire of oldie superman fans and damian fnas who felt jon is kicking his ass a bit.Yet,the kid flourished building fanbase.Now,there is just apathy.

Mighty Member

https://twitter.com/dailyjonkent/sta...95990053777425

The Sakura flowers were a very nice touch

I dunno it seems they are pushing it more than Tim/Bernard as Bernard isn't showing up for DC Pride nor being in other books unlike Jay who is front and centre this year and has steelwork.
    Steelworks was a mini that's now finished. But yeah, because of his job, Jay should appear in stories involving John Henry and Natasha, as well as with Jon. It also helps that he IS a superhero, Gossamer (he has the same powers as Kitty Pryde from X-Men). Bernard's just a regular civilian, I think most fans of Tim probably see him as more like Paul from Spider-Man - someone getting in the way of the one true pairing (which in Tim's case is Steph).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steelworks was a mini that's now finished. But yeah, because of his job, Jay should appear in stories involving John Henry and Natasha, as well as with Jon. It also helps that he IS a superhero, Gossamer (he has the same powers as Kitty Pryde from X-Men). Bernard's just a regular civilian, I think most fans of Tim probably see him as more like Paul from Spider-Man - someone getting in the way of the one true pairing (which in Tim's case is Steph).
    For the most part yeah going by places like here, or reddit, what I've heard from local comic shops or places which seem to get a better grasp of general fans....the only places that 'like' Bernard are twitter, tumblr, tiktok (aka the fanon crowd and they don't like bernard as a character but as a muse) but as the cancellation of Tim's solo so quickly showed they clearly weren't supporting the book or enough

Back to Jay he has established ties beyond Jon so there is more grounds to integrate him more into the Superman mythos and DC Pride 2024 looks like it will give him more dynamics to play off with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    The fact that he went from being pushed hard...to his book being cancelled in less than 2 years...and is now being left out of major events like the Brainiac storyline...indicates that DC isn't thrilled with his performance.
    Everyone else in else in the current aside from Clark himself are having much worse sales. So it’s kind unclear wear the bar is. Kinda like how Harley and Selina can continue to have abysmal sales and never be endangered of cancelation. I guess we will see if Jon is included in the next DC wide event he’s been consistent in those, where Konner is nowhere to be found in the last couple major events.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    I think one thing we all fail to understand is how much does outside factors go into that.

How much stability is there are DC now after all the bloodshed from the axing of Warner Brothers?

Are we finally done with all the projects that were trying to salvage 5G?

The folks who would try to salvage Jon or Tim or others still at DC? How many who don't care for him?

Is it DC that wasn't thrilled or WB management? Is this not the same folks who didn't want Duke Thomas as Robin at the start of Rebirth and led to Damian returning?

Has the LGBTQA+ pushback that we saw play a part in derailing trade sales? In others a library that WOULD have ordered his trades didn't because of that. Probably wouldn't have that big of an impact but it's something to wonder about.

Is that DC leaving him out of is that the writer of that event doing that?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Everyone else in else in the current aside from Clark himself are having much worse sales. So it’s kind unclear wear the bar is. Kinda like how Harley and Selina can continue to have abysmal sales and never be endangered of cancelation. I guess we will see if Jon is included in the next DC wide event he’s been consistent in those, where Konner is nowhere to be found in the last couple major events.
    I would suspect the following is playing a part in that-

Catwoman's case she is now 37 issues away from Catwoman #300.
    Harley is 19 away from Harley #200.

Supergirl is only 21 (or 23) from 300 as well. With her having a movie I would SUSPECT near the time for it to come out we see another series for her.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon was the protagonist of superman rebirth earning the ire of oldie superman fans and damian fnas who felt jon is kicking his ass a bit.Yet,the kid flourished building fanbase.Now,there is just apathy.
    Damian fans like Jon what are you talking about? I've voiced critics about Damian being used to develop Jon but that's just me.
    majority of the Jon kent and Supersons fans were already Damian fans.

The most outspoken advocates of kid Jon on this thread are Damian fans.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-08-2024 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think one thing we all fail to understand is how much does outside factors go into that.

How much stability is there are DC now after all the bloodshed from the axing of Warner Brothers?

Are we finally done with all the projects that were trying to salvage 5G?

The folks who would try to salvage Jon or Tim or others still at DC? How many who don't care for him?

Is it DC that wasn't thrilled or WB management? Is this not the same folks who didn't want Duke Thomas as Robin at the start of Rebirth and led to Damian returning?

Has the LGBTQA+ pushback that we saw play a part in derailing trade sales? In others a library that WOULD have ordered his trades didn't because of that. Probably wouldn't have that big of an impact but it's something to wonder about.

Is that DC leaving him out of is that the writer of that event doing that?
    It doesn't look like it's the same folks that lead to Damian returning since those were the folks that mandated he lose the Robin mantle to Tim at the end of Rebirth.

The same folks who backed Jon through FS and the new set who backed him through infinite crisis and Dawn of DC.

Jon's sales are okay. I don't know what makes folks so sure DC has no faith in him.