Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Adult Jon did appear on some Hershey bars a while ago, I believe it was for a Pride tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Adult Jon did appear on some Hershey bars a while ago, I believe it was for a Pride tie-in.
    Him only having traction due to Pride cannot be ideal for DC

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Are there any ongoing plans for this character this year? Ive heard nothing. Or is he just gonna be reduced to side character in other comics with a pride special in June?
    I guess they don't know what to do with him, and current Superman writers aren't really interested in using him (I think he's not even advertised for upcoming Brainiac event).

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    It wasn't for a Pride tie-in. They were pushing the new generation heroes along with the original ones on those. Some of the packaging also had Yara on it as well.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Jon right now is giving canon fodder character who can be killed off at anytime to cause emotional damage for Clark & that’s unfortunate.

Incredible Member

Extraordinary Member

Jon right now is giving canon fodder character who can be killed off at anytime to cause emotional damage for Clark & that’s unfortunate.
    You mean Kon

Because much like Tim Drake the LGBT status prevent him from being killed off
    Whereas Conner is just another flying white guy and the Superfam has plenty of those

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You mean Kon

Because much like Tim Drake the LGBT status prevent him from being killed off
    Whereas Conner is just another flying white guy and the Superfam has plenty of those
    2 it just 2 guys; Clark and Conner if you don't want to count Jon

coming how Conner has been showing up other comics more and play a role in the upcoming superman event more importantly isn't calling himself Superman there really no need to get rid of him

meanwhile Jon is just i terrible path since the end of Infinite Frontier & Jon solo mini-series failed DC been bunked Jon down to cameos & at best a single anthology. Doudt DC just going to have a less popular Superman around (especially when he barely interact with his father) jut wave him around for the LGBTQ community for some time and then but him back to irrelevant spot forever. Killed off or not he probably either just get poochie off where other writers don't need to worry about them or radically remade to fit a path moving forward like what they did with Powergirl

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

coming how Conner has been showing up other comics more and play a role in the upcoming superman event more importantly isn't calling himself Superman there really no need to get rid of him

meanwhile Jon is just i terrible path since the end of Infinite Frontier & Jon solo mini-series failed DC been bunked Jon down to cameos & at best a single anthology. Doudt DC just going to have a less popular Superman around (especially when he barely interact with his father) jut wave him around for the LGBTQ community for some time and then but him back to irrelevant spot forever. Killed off or not he probably either just get poochie off where other writers don't need to worry about them or radically remade to fit a path moving forward like what they did with Powergirl
    2?

IMG_8144.jpg

I see a boy there and it’s not Connor
    It doesn’t matter how many times you call Jon terrible he isn’t going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    2?

IMG_8144.jpg

I see a boy there and it’s not Connor
    It doesn’t matter how many times you call Jon terrible he isn’t going anywhere.
    That’s the problem he’s not going anywhere he’s frozen in time only relevant in June sucks to see.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If they let Jon drop the Superman name....while Clark is active...what should be his name?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That’s the problem he’s not going anywhere he’s frozen in time only relevant in June sucks to see.
    Yeah the problem is more lack of play.

Hell Jon being queer isn't even that much of a safety net considering how DC drops the ball on their queer characters, they are lucky if they do fucking anything.

People who think DC gave up on Jon, I guess ya'll don't read Wonder Woman? King is cearly pushing for this new generation of Trinity to be a big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

Yep. And Kon will win out over Jon simply due to the fact that he's far more popular. The age up pretty much derailed Jon. DC has struggled to find anything to do with Jon for half a decade now. He'll never really be viewed as Superman...the age up wrecked the SuperSons...and he's basically just a less interesting version of characters that already exist(Clark and Kon).
    Last edited by Knightsilver; 02-18-2024 at 08:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Connor was frozen in time and his fans wish he was the one celebrated in june