Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Connor was frozen in time and his fans wish he was the one celebrated in june
    I mean is it really that much of a celebration? Like there's a lot of issues with the concept of the Pride/Power Specials cause it feels very much like DC wanting to pat themselves on the back by giving all these underused characters a single issue out of an entire year.

Black Lightning's daughters appear in jack **** but they appeared in the latest Power and chances are thats the last we'll see of them until the next Power special next year if they're lucky.

I don't see that as celebrating, I see it as condescending.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-18-2024 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You mean Kon

Because much like Tim Drake the LGBT status prevent him from being killed off
    Whereas Conner is just another flying white guy and the Superfam has plenty of those
    Conner already been killed off, replaced in the New 52 and outlasted several other members who've since faded into obscurity because he's one of the few Superfam members who is genuinely is popular which is something you unfortunately can't say about a lot of them.

I mean I actually like Steel, Nat and Kenan but let's face it the only reason editorial has kept them around this long is because they add diversity to the Superfam but do they have actual fanbases? Sadly no.
    Last edited by walk; 02-19-2024 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    People who think DC gave up on Jon, I guess ya'll don't read Wonder Woman? King is cearly pushing for this new generation of Trinity to be a big thing.
    in a possible alternate future. Not saying it bad it pretty good but

the Jon & Damian babysitting isn't done in real time in the DC universe. Till it does it just be another DC One Million, Batman Beyond or Future state a cool posible timeline

Connor was frozen in time and his fans wish he was the one celebrated in june
    coming how mainstream people know Conner from Young Justice i pretty sure he thaw out then the character that most people will first thought will be Super Son then Superman

People who think DC gave up on Jon, I guess ya'll don't read Wonder Woman? King is cearly pushing for this new generation of Trinity to be a big thing.
    I mean wasn't Jon other recent new trinity with Yara and Jace also marketed as "a big thing" as well and look how that went. DC always trying to push the idea of new trinity but they always fizzle out eventually.

People like Lizzie's cute little adventures with Jon and Damian because it reminds them of Super Sons but if you were to remove her relationship to the boys will people still care just like how if you remove Damian from Jon there's a noticeable dip in interest.

Basically Damian the only character in this new trinity with an actual following and I doubt such a shaky concept is sustainable long term.
    Last edited by walk; 02-19-2024 at 03:37 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If they let Jon drop the Superman name....while Clark is active...what should be his name?
    Zoro.he get's rid of the s for a z.."I am the terror that flies in the night".

That wonder woman issue supersons was fantastic.kIng is remarkably good at writing supersons
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-19-2024 at 01:15 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

It doesn't change the fact that among three of them he's in the worst position. Lizzie is another case of ''next big thing'' character, who's doing just fine for now, and easily can lose her spotlight immediately after King is done (though, the fact that he's involved in movies and she's pushed as Diana's daughter gives her more chances). Damian is the one, who's the most popular in the trio, he actually has his series, he has a direction and he's getting his own movie.
    Jon is just his father copy. His bisexuality is the only thing that backs him up currently. He has no direction, Superman creatives teams clearly don't care about him and/or don't know what to do with him. His only seemed prospect currently is a potential new Trinity series.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I would say making Jon Superman really damaged him. Like I'm not saying he shouldn't be but the way they did rushed any and all growth he could have and now he's simply Superman just because.

They made it into a given where he's only Superman strictly because he's Clark's son instead of really growing into the title or taking a more interesting position in his life such as not being the leader of superheroes because he's too green and inexperienced to be a leader.

It would have been more interesting if either Kara or Connor was the Superman leader figure of the world while Jon hangs back as supes number taking cues from his more experienced family.

I would have loved jon being superman if jon wasn't written soooo superman..I mean,wally west was not barry allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I would say making Jon Superman really damaged him. Like I'm not saying he shouldn't be but the way they did rushed any and all growth he could have and now he's simply Superman just because.

They made it into a given where he's only Superman strictly because he's Clark's son instead of really growing into the title or taking a more interesting position in his life such as not being the leader of superheroes because he's too green and inexperienced to be a leader.

It would have been more interesting if either Kara or Connor was the Superman leader figure of the world while Jon hangs back as supes number taking cues from his more experienced family.
    It does boggle the mind why they didn't have Kara or Conner mentoring Jon considering all the good the Dick/Damian partnership did for getting people to actually start to like Damian.

Instead we have adult Jon being mentored by an adult Nightwing making his character futher dependant on Bat characters for relevance while his relationship to actual Super characters remains woefully underdeveloped. Conner and Kara letft somewhat redundant and a pair of twins to replace kid Jon who nobody cares about and just make the Superfamily even more inflated.

Meh!jon being trained by nightwing is cool.Heck! I would have loved jon being trained by zatanna or in the nanda parbat with ramakushna.Better yet train mr.miracle.(The escape artist).

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

They decided that rather than slowly develop the character in an organic way...they'd just fast-forward him into being Superman...while also removing anything remotely interesting about his personality. It's actually amazing just how badly DC dropped the ball with this character. He was at least somewhat popular as a kid adventuring with Damien...and being written more like a Shonen hero. But the age up abandoned literally everything that was appealing about him before and left us with a bland copy of his dad.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    They decided that rather than slowly develop the character in an organic way...they'd just fast-forward him into being Superman...while also removing anything remotely interesting about his personality. It's actually amazing just how badly DC dropped the ball with this character. He was at least somewhat popular as a kid adventuring with Damien...and being written more like a Shonen hero. But the age up abandoned literally everything that was appealing about him before and left us with a bland copy of his dad.
    THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. A interesting take would have been a Jon Snow approach instead of a Gohan approach. Have Jon comeback from the volcano (still as a kid, dealing with that major trauma) with a sheer reluctance towards being a hero. Have Dick be the one to get through to him, and you have a worlds finest with Dick, Jon, and Damian ( an inverse of Bruce, Clark, and Dick ).
    This also strengthens Jon’s personality as he’s no longer a carbon copy of Clark, but has Lois’ independent streak.

Extraordinary Member

I wish Jon got a rapport with some of the long lived Superman cast like Jimmy Olsen for example.
    We’re currently seeing a great relationship being formed with Bibbo and the Super Twins.

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised Taylor didn’t add him to his Titans roster.

Taylor is suggesting he has Jon again & I am so fucking tired of that man.