Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

New 52 Kon has Kon's best suit. And yeah the TTK looks really cool as red. Adapting it would be so cool

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not sure if AI but it's a cool design if a bit overdone, kind of like if the El family ever decided to don Kryptonian armour but of course Conner put his own personal spin on it.

I actually think the waist cape a great choice, I don't think Conner would ever look right in a proper full cape but this evokes while still keeping true to his signature style.

It's the sort of over busy I see in a lot of AI art.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Someone show that to Meghan Fitzmartin. Just one of many mistakes in that Dark Crisis Young Justice mini was that she seemed to think Conner didn't know about Cassie and Tim's affair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I miss these two together.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone show that to Meghan Fitzmartin. Just one of many mistakes in that Dark Crisis Young Justice mini was that she seemed to think Conner didn't know about Cassie and Tim's affair.
    It wasn't even an affair as Kon was dead. Not to mention also Kon did see how much his death hurt Tim and Cassie, so him even thinking "you lived a better life when I was dead" is just......wrong

Not to mention about the whole "I didn't have it in me to love anyone".

But seriously why was the whole kiss thing brought up again? It was already resolved without any drama that you'd expect in like say a CW show and everyone acted like mature adults and just moved on. There was no point in trying to make drama when none existed. It just derailed everyone involved, especially Kon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss these two together.
    Eh....Johns gave them a lot of cute and tender moments but I have to admit I see the criticism of how Cassie was "Kon's GF" under Johns and it was tied to the derailment of her character in TT03. That's not an inherent flaw in the relationship itself as Young Justice 1998 shows where they were really good, but I see why people don't like it for Cassie at least under Johns

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's the sort of over busy I see in a lot of AI art.
    To me, the hallmark of AI art is that it looks cool at first glance, but then you notice it's very over-detailed in a thoughtless way, like there are a bunch of intricacies with no real purpose or which don't make total sense. This definitely describes that picture. As an idea, though, it's fairly interesting.

Johns writes a great Superboy IMO, but I also agree that he isn't the best for Cassie. While I like these two together, I would be ok if the both moved on but stayed close friends. I don't want Kon with M'gann either and I never liked that pairing whether it was in the Smallville comic, the YJ show, or even in the current comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Eh....Johns gave them a lot of cute and tender moments but I have to admit I see the criticism of how Cassie was "Kon's GF" under Johns and it was tied to the derailment of her character in TT03. That's not an inherent flaw in the relationship itself as Young Justice 1998 shows where they were really good, but I see why people don't like it for Cassie at least under Johns
    I have to question what those people think Cassie SHOULD have been doing instead.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I have to question what those people think Cassie SHOULD have been doing instead.
    I dunno stuff aside from Kon? Like develop the thing with Ares more? Her leadership skills more?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I dunno stuff aside from Kon? Like develop the thing with Ares more? Her leadership skills more?
    Er... wasn't she still team leader?

Also they kinda wrote an end to the Ares thing.

As for Cassie she's spent so much time being defined by her relationship to men it's good that writers are starting to give her back her old characterisation, it was the only time her and Conner's relationship really worked back in YJ where her feelings for him was just one aspect of her personality instead of her most defining trait as it became in Titans. Writing female characters as love interests first and people second ironically usually ends up hurting the romance as the key to a successful one is when both parties feel like equals instead of the "Hero" and his "Girlfriend".

It's probably a moot point anyway if they were going to put them back together they would've done it by now, again I suspect the editorial mandate to no intermingling among the hero families is real, and the chances of them even appearing in a book together in any significant way are slim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

As for Cassie she's spent so much time being defined by her relationship to men it's good that writers are starting to give her back her old characterisation, it was the only time her and Conner's relationship really worked back in YJ where her feelings for him was just one aspect of her personality instead of her most defining trait as it became in Titans. Writing female characters as love interests first and people second ironically usually ends up hurting the romance as the key to a successful one is when both parties feel like equals instead of the "Hero" and his "Girlfriend".

It's probably a moot point anyway if they were going to put them back together they would've done it by now, again I suspect the editorial mandate to no intermingling among the hero families is real, and the chances of them even appearing in a book together in any significant way are slim.
    So does Ms Martian not qualify for that?