Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Add Cir-El that should fix it

Kara would sell more than Kenan,and kon is the most exciting character in the Super family,it's a good fit.

2nd cir-el coming back,Conner needs his Lil sister back lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Tiny Titans is a delight also the way some people talked about Cir-El I intially thought she was one of those unsung forgotten greats like Linda Danvers.

Having read all of her 17 appaerances one afternoon. Nope, awful character, irritating personality, ugly design with a nonsenicial story, I can see why she was killed off just as fast.

I liked Cir-el. ;-;

It's true she's meant to be a moody teen and isn't really "nice" the way Superman is. But it fits the character. And... that's heavily tied into the strange alternate future she comes from.

Amazing Member

The online enthusiasm for Cir-El mostly seems to be about a vague fanon version of her rather than the original character. For example, I often see her labelled as the 'Latina Supergirl', 'Mia Kent', but the canon Cir-El is a synthetic personality put into the body of Mia against Mia's will.

It's not that Cir-El wasn't "nice" like Superman, a big part of the reason Conner my favorite is how diffrent he is from Clark and lacks a lot of his humilty, restrant and altruism, or that she was "moody" my preferred Kara is one whose a bit more cynical and world weary, it's that she was blantantly infantilized, a young girl in a revealing costume acting like a whiny 5-year old refering to Clark as her "Daddy" and in a story that makes less sense the longer it goes on.

If you've never heard of the trope "Born Sexy Yesterday" look it up because this whole character was obviously someone barely digused fetish for teenage girls and I really don't believe that or Cir El herself belongs in Superman

I'm no prude but I'd hope most of us can agree sexualising minors is not a great look.
    Last edited by walk; 04-01-2024 at 10:19 AM.

Anyway back on topic and more enjoyable matters I think Tiny Titans had the right idea of how do a Superman family

Because if people are still making topics like this on the Superman reddit a whole year a half in it's time for an overhaul

Last edited by walk; 04-01-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Mighty Member

That's not Tiny Titans and where is Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    It's not that Cir-El wasn't "nice" like Superman, a big part of the reason Conner my favorite is how diffrent he is from Clark and lacks a lot of his humilty, restrant and altruism, or that she was "moody" my preferred Kara is one whose a bit more cynical and world weary, it's that she was blantantly infantilized, a young girl in a revealing costume acting like a whiny 5-year old refering to Clark as her "Daddy" and in a story that makes less sense the longer it goes on.
    Again, some of that makes sense for the character concept.

Cir-El is a fake personality, she acts immature... because that's the depth of her experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    The online enthusiasm for Cir-El mostly seems to be about a vague fanon version of her rather than the original character. For example, I often see her labelled as the 'Latina Supergirl', 'Mia Kent', but the canon Cir-El is a synthetic personality put into the body of Mia against Mia's will.
    The Latina thing is actually a major plot point though. When Lois first sees Cir-El she immediate thinks "there is no way this girl is my daughter from the future". Cir-El looks enough like Superman to pass for HIS daughter, but NOT Lois. And also Cir-El acts like she has no idea who Lois is.

See, the character comes across very differently when you think about the initial reveal vs what came later. If you get to know the character starting with Cir-El... Then the Mia thing is a weird swerve. Yes, Cir-El feels like a fake person. The way she's introduced has tons of foreshadowing that... I didn't understand the first time. Heck, the NAME Cir-El is a hint she wasn't given her name by Kal-El. Also seeing the future she comes from is a GIANT red flag.

YES!!!

The YES!!! plot device was..... horrific. In-universe it's.... just.... horrible in ways that really make this future seem like something Cir-El would be willing to erase herself from existence to prevent... which is kind of what eventually happens.

Every "lost" character could use a tweak or ten tweaks,cir definitely needs some,but if you step back from what we read back then,and just see the big picture of cir,then yeah I vote her back.

And kon needs a his sister back,even though they didn't see it like that back then.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Anyway back on topic and more enjoyable matters I think Tiny Titans had the right idea of how do a Superman family

Because if people are still making topics like this on the Superman reddit a whole year a half in it's time for an overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    That's not Tiny Titans and where is Jon?

Pretty sure Tiny Titans and Superman family adventures are in the same universe and if not that atleast from the same creators.

I saw that reddit post to and I see stuff like it from time to time,simple answer is make everyone look different and act different.start with Jon having a slender body with the "mop" hairdo boys now think is cool.kon having a younger but still more muscular body like clarks,and have hair that is short on top,but slightly messy,and even less hair on sides.kara has long while PG has shorter hair,one framed like a swimsuit type fitness person while the other is more bodybuilding fitness framed.kenan had a good look before he came to the "family" so just give it back to him.

This would make a great symbol for conner to wear.Has the black and red,which is all kon,then has the yellow to get the feel of his OG symbol,and I actually like the more human type S then the kryptonian S we usually get on everyone.

I'm no prude but I'd hope most of us can agree sexualising minors is not a great look.
    IS she a minor? I just went back and looked it up as well as I could and could find nothing to say she was actually a minor.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    IS she a minor? I just went back and looked it up as well as I could and could find nothing to say she was actually a minor.
    Yikes of all the things to try and get into a straw argument about you choose ephebophilia? Nevermind the fact that Cir-El herself is purposefully written to be child-like while wearing such a skimpy costume isn't creepy enough in of itself but that she presented as being peers with two other teen heroes, Nat and Traci, who they also hyper-sexualised doesn't make the intent around her obvious.

You want to try and let it slide because they didn't "technically" give her an exact age they just characetrised and designed her to be essentialy a sexy toddler. That's the hill your chosing to die on?

Like I said not a great look.

Anyway back on topic serioulsy make Cir-El thread if her lame ass means so much to you hopefully with the Amalgam Comics reprint we might get to see more that verse and Spiderboy in the future if it does well enough.

I'd actually like to see what other new combinations they'd come up with considering there's been a lot more new characters between both companies in the past 28 years.