Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Where is this from?

One of the stories from the spring break issue out yesterday.

This is a badly put together attempt I did of both parts of what I believe was supposed to be one pic
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

With all fanart out there that depicts Conner with darker skin and the high amount of black cosplayers rocking the 90's Superboy costume it does seem like Conner one of those characters the black community has semi co-opted and sort of adopted as one of their own.

It does tend to happen to characters who have a certain "flair" and energy about them, I only started to realise how popular Gambit was among black fans while watching X-men 97 reactions and Remy and 90's Superboy do share a similiar swagger and style.

It even seems to extend to black writers, Christopher Priest was always sneaking him into his books back in the 90's, Dorado Quick had him in that backup in Action Comics with Nat, Jarrett Williams featured him pretty prominently in Speedforce and I noticed Michael Dorn in Steelworks tended to give him more lines than the other Superfamily who weren't the Steels.

Maybe all coincidental but an amusing thought all the same.

Mighty Member

Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 9.57.31 PM.jpg

Mal Duncan felt the same way.

Never noticed that about Gambit but then again he was always one of my brother's favourite X-Men

Everyone can tell that SB was and is cool asf,and cool crosses any differences people have
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I do miss Tom Grummett work

Mighty Member

youngjusticesuperboywondergirlnauck.jpg

eAmUenUP_1808141809541.jpg

Need more Todd Nauck Superboy and Wonder Girl

Mighty Member

Anyone have any Kon fancast they like?