Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I actually wonder what Waid's thoughts are on the modern Superfam, he clearly likes Kara as she's an OG but I get the sense he's not too fond at excessive amount of legacy heroes DC picked up over the years.

Well he did feature Conner in Kingdom Come if ever briefly, maybe he's got some love for clone boy at least.
    Waid has said he’s not a fan of anyone created after Firestorm, but he’s also seemingly softened his attitude there given how positive he’s spoken about using Lazarus Planet to set up new characters. Henry has posted art of the entire PKJ Superfamily team, they’re apparently at least cameoing in Waid’s Action arc. Waid is a fan of the Flash Family obviously, and he has said he like shaving the Kandorians and other Kryptonian survivors around, perhaps that extends to Kon and the other Supers besides Kara.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    That costume is fugly
    Yeah it’s not great, they need to get Dan Mora to design a new suit for Conner. Or just give Conner the Authority suit if Clark isn’t using it anymore lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

How do you think Waid would write Conner of he had full control over his character?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    And once again it just goes to show the gigantic misstep DC made with making Jon bisexual instead of Connor. Jon's failure to launch is a big blow to representation in comics unfortunately, almost like it was intentional. And FYITW, I did like the Kon/Wonder Girl relationship, and don't see why both can't be explored more moving forward for him.
    It was a PERFECT decision to let Conner be straight and Jon be bisexual.
    The Problems with Conner (and also his whole generation YJ) are:

1 Not receiving the reputation etc. which they deserve:
    Conner was the only character (besides Ion) who was able to fight against Superboy Prime, sacrificed his life and has much experience, but is (almost) treated like a newcomer instead of a veteran.

2 Self-degrading during Storylines:
    Examples are:
    -Young Justice Dark Crisis where they, instead of being angry because of being replaced they talked bad about each other and praising the “new Generation”.
    -Superboy Man of Tomorrow, where he was also seen as outsider
    -When he was paired with Miss Martian, he called himself being only a small part of Supermans History
    ….
    -Even during TITANS UNITED etc. he was not seen as the veteran iconic Superhero who he is, but instead talked down etc.

3 Keeping the names Young Justice, Superboy, Wondergirl…instead of getting new codenames which represents their growth.

4 no constant power-level and changing appearances.
    Compare Teen Titans Superboy appearance with Superboy Man of Tomorrow.
    His appearance changed from being a 220 pound 21-year-old guy to a small guy who looks like being 14 years old.
    His power-levels are also turned down, he was once able to fight against Superboy Prime and in Rebirth he lost to enemies who he should easily be able to win against.

5 Being left out of the "important" Storylines
    Conner,Tim,Bart and Cassie were in YJ Dark Crisis instead of new JL (after the death of old JL), Conner was in Speedforce instead of the recent Beast Boy Storyline...

Conner only needs to take the Nightwing Step, get a more mature Codename, new Costume and be presented better in the Comics and be more constant in the important storylines (he wasn’t in the new JL, because of being in YJ Dark Crisis, he wasn’t in the last Beast Boy Storyline, because of being in Speedforce etc.)

They also need to include the TTK more in Comics and showing that he can use it to become even more powerful (as far as I remember NEW52 was pretty weak physically, BUT has used his TTK to become stronger and boosting his Speed).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    How do you think Waid would write Conner of he had full control over his character?
    Probably pair him with the Legion and otherwise try to make him as close to Silver Age Superboy as possible . Nah in all seriousness, I think Waid’s Impulse series offers a good clue as to how Waid would approach a character like Conner. It would be lighter and less angsty, probably would use a lot of the odd ball Superman stuff, maybe some of the Kirby concepts too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Conner was the only character (besides Ion) who was able to fight against Superboy Prime, sacrificed his life and has much experience, but is (almost) treated like a newcomer instead of a veteran.
    Well what I personally remember was Conner and Cassie tag teaming Prime, but yeah, the final blow was Conner's.

And after that.... back to being treated like noobs....

-Superboy Man of Tomorrow, where he was also seen as outsider
    -When he was paired with Miss Martian, he called himself being only a small part of Supermans History

I don't really fault Porter or Visaggio for being honest, Conner has fallen to the wayside in recent years (it's pretty much all we talk about here) and regrettably he is a rather minor part of Superman overall mythos. I rather acknowledge the problem and work towards fixing it instead of whatever Fitzmartin was doing in Dark Crisis which was to essentially blame fans and 90's nostalgia.

While I don't think any of your ideas are bad per say if Conner ever going to get a push from editorial again it'll likely happen through him getting a boost in popularity from outside source like another show or movie so hopefully MAWS lasts lomg enough to inroduce him or Mr Gunn a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid has said he’s not a fan of anyone created after Firestorm, but he’s also seemingly softened his attitude there given how positive he’s spoken about using Lazarus Planet to set up new characters. Henry has posted art of the entire PKJ Superfamily team, they’re apparently at least cameoing in Waid’s Action arc. Waid is a fan of the Flash Family obviously, and he has said he like shaving the Kandorians and other Kryptonian survivors around, perhaps that extends to Kon and the other Supers besides Kara.
    Waid? Are you sure? I have read it was Alex Ross the one who isn't friendly to anyone created after Firestorm. Or starting with Firestorm, as he never drew him in any art, even when he made the Justice special and series,set around the stelite era Justice League, from which Firestorm was an active member. So I don't think Waid is particulary antagonist to Kon.

Yeah it’s not great, they need to get Dan Mora to design a new suit for Conner. Or just give Conner the Authority suit if Clark isn’t using it anymore lol
    Doubt it. The better suits are mostly tweaked than full redesigned.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Now that Sammy Stryker asked the question about his TTK about himself becoming a reality manipulator,does thst mean Conner might actually be more Sentry than superman?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Now that Sammy Stryker asked the question about his TTK about himself becoming a reality manipulator,does thst mean Conner might actually be more Sentry than superman?
    Ew no, the Sentry sucks.

Mighty Member

With Kon spending more time with the Supes family and the lack of Young Justice stuff recently, do you think his time with the YJ crew is behind him or nah

Extraordinary Member

With Kon spending more time with the Supes family and the lack of Young Justice stuff recently, do you think his time with the YJ crew is behind him or nah
    He’s spending time with Avery Ho, Wallace West and Roundhouse.

Batman Beyond style Superboy.

A really great interpretation, I dislike when future depictions of Conner just make have him looking like a copy of Clark, of course he'd still hold onto his own personal style, greying temples be damned.

Full pic

Got to give it to that Casskon guy TOCA he does commission some nice art, don't get why their brief fling made such an impression on him but at least unlike some other die-hard shippers I've come across online or in one bad case stalked by (a particularly obnoxious and obsessive TimSteph fan) he's passionate about his pairing without being toxic about it.

Ew no, the Sentry sucks.
    LOL,I meant just powerwise, Sentrys powerset are complicated and to ove the top.

The new 52 superboys powers were pretty dang powerful all by itself,now add a kryptonian powerset to that,it's a very powerful powerset,like Sentrys,just without the complicated reasoning for his powers

He will never be totally away from them,but he does need to make the next step in his evolution before he hooks back up with them