Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s in the Brainiac event whereas Jon is not. Williamson used him in Superman recently.
    Yep. Jon is the one who's out in the cold nowadays. No one genuinely seems interested in using him.
    Last edited by Knightsilver; 03-01-2024 at 09:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Which Supes villain do you think would work better as a rogue for Kon?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Which Supes villain do you think would work better as a rogue for Kon?
    Chained. He’s not great as a Clark villain but as a Conner villain he has potential. They both have TTK, they both were “created” by Lex, there’s a foundation there to build on. Plus he’s not a “Junior” villain of one of Clark’s villains.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amazing Member

Chained. He’s not great as a Clark villain but as a Conner villain he has potential. They both have TTK, they both were “created” by Lex, there’s a foundation there to build on. Plus he’s not a “Junior” villain of one of Clark’s villains.
    Very good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

Batman Beyond style Superboy.

A really great interpretation, I dislike when future depictions of Conner just make have him looking like a copy of Clark, of course he'd still hold onto his own personal style, greying temples be damned.

Full pic

Got to give it to that Casskon guy TOCA he does commission some nice art, don't get why their brief fling made such an impression on him but at least unlike some other die-hard shippers I've come across online or in one bad case stalked by (a particularly obnoxious and obsessive TimSteph fan) he's passionate about his pairing without being toxic about it.
    Ugh, no, those designs are all absolutely horrid and ugly. Absolutely no way should they ever be used in anything.

Good good idea.
    I just wonder also what kind of relationship he will have with Lena Luthor jr. Friends? Enemies? Adversaries? Allies?
    No shipping here. No. It just...eww..
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Batman Beyond style Superboy.

A really great interpretation, I dislike when future depictions of Conner just make have him looking like a copy of Clark, of course he'd still hold onto his own personal style, greying temples be damned.
    After looking at this a few times.... and pondering what we know of the unused plans for BB.... this feels like a good look for the unused idea for a son of Superman.... and Lashina. And we all know why THAT is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Good good idea.
    I just wonder also what kind of relationship he will have with Lena Luthor jr. Friends? Enemies? Adversaries? Allies?
    No shipping here. No. It just...eww..
    Two of them definitely need to meet. Brainiac event would be the perfect opportunity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Agreed. Plus he seems to be a bit stronger and more versed in his powers than Kon is. This would lend drama to their stories and push Kon to get better.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    After looking at this a few times.... and pondering what we know of the unused plans for BB.... this feels like a good look for the unused idea for a son of Superman.... and Lashina. And we all know why THAT is a thing.
    The idea for Superman and Lashina son was that he was raised on Apokolips and eventually overthrew Darkseid and somehow became an even worse dictator than him, doesn't sound like a character who'd be casually smiling, wearing a jacket or even be in his mid 40's, I get the impression their son was suppose we a Alexander the Great type a young would-be conquer similar in age to Terry to parallel how while one son (still hate that retcon) was trying to uphold a past legacy the other was trying to burn it all down.

Mighty Member

Speaking of which isn't the son thing just a rumour. Like I can't find a valid source for it at all.

The idea for Superman and Lashina son was that he was raised on Apokolips and eventually overthrew Darkseid and somehow became an even worse dictator than him, doesn't sound like a character who'd be casually smiling, wearing a jacket or even be in his mid 40's, I get the impression their son was suppose we a Alexander the Great type a young would-be conquer similar in age to Terry to parallel how while one son (still hate that retcon) was trying to uphold a past legacy the other was trying to burn it all down.
    Well, yeah, but just look at how Lashina dressed in DCAU....

It's not that drastically different from DCAU Apokoliptian fashions.

Speaking of Batman Beyond and the DCAU if all ever did return and they were to include Conner I always though an interesting idea would be to tie him into that final episode of JLU were Luthor gave Darkseid the Anti-Life Equation. In the wake of Lex's apparent "death" Clark finds another one of his cloning facilities and in a scene mirroring how he discovered Kara while most are already dead in their pods having horribly mutated like Bizarro one remains alive in suspension, a young clone whose aging was purposefully stunted to prevent degradation process and like with Kara Clark takes him back to the Kent farm were he's adopted into the family.

All's going well initially, Conner becomes Superboy, joins the league, Flash acting as his mentor (John having had his fill of mentoring Kryptonians with Supergirl hands to reigns to Wally) who sees a lot of his early reckless and skirt-chasing ways in the kid and tries to set him straight, has a team-up with Robin and even unintentionally helps his new friend through his trauma by being the first person to get Tim to laugh something he hadn't been able to do following the incident with Joker, hell maybe even a romance with Miss Martian, I actually like DCAU version far better than YJ one. Even a story where Kara comes back from the future for a family visit where due her previous issues with her own clone Galtea and how Conner has seemingly replaced her in the family, having been given her old room and everything, takes an immediate dislike to him till Clark points out how a lot of her problems with him like his hot-headedness and immaturity are all traits she use to have as well.

But it's eventually revealed Clark finding Conner wasn't an accident, turns out Luther not wanting to risk giving Darkseid the full Anti-Life Equation had hidden part of it in Conner beforehand (look the Equation basically space magic just go with it) and while Lex would never admit it he trusted Superman would be able to protect both if Darkseid ever did come back, trouble is he's almost escaped from the Source Wall and making a beeline to Earth so he can kill Conner and finally complete the Equation leaving the heroes divided on what to do and while Superman is very much on the side of protecting someone who he now see as his younger brother at all costs other like the New Gods are willing to exterminate Superboy for what they see as the greater good.

You know sometimes I wish I actually had a talent for writing because if nothing else I could at least make a fanfic of stories I'd like to see but know will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, yeah, but just look at how Lashina dressed in DCAU....

It's not that drastically different from DCAU Apokoliptian fashions.

It's obviously a remix of Clark's Beyond design which is very much on brand for Conner.

If anything their son would've had a version of the costume Clark wore during his time brainwashed by Darkseid as that one's clearly Jack Kirby inspired.

If anything their son would've had a version of the costume Clark wore during his time brainwashed by Darkseid as that one's clearly Jack Kirby inspired.
    Well, that's what I was getting at... this look feels more similar in style than different.... and doesn't really feel like any outfit I'd expect Conner to wear.