Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I suppose more my point is are there currently any examples of two characters from different hero families involved together going on at DC at the moment? Only recent example I can think of is Jason and Artemis and you could feel editorials influence at play the way they hooked up at the last minute as a bit of fanservice only to immediately break them up the very next issue and part ways.
    Red Arrow and Kid Flash

Mighty Member

I do love how clever people get with the Amalgam Universe Spider-Boy combining Peter getting the Symbiote Suit in Secret Wars with Conner wardrobe overhaul to black T-shirt and jeans in 2000's.
    Combining Spidey's coolest costume with Kon's lamest costume.....lame.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Red Arrow and Kid Flash
    and if I recall correctly, by Dark Crisis they are still together correct.

Red Arrow and Kid Flash
    Which may add to my point considering they were both in Teen Titans Academy together (mostly background players) but there was no reference to them still being a thing and similarly in the current Speed Force book it appears Wallace/Ace is single again same with Avery and Kenan now that I think about it.

Now it might be that all these characters are simply too irrelevant for anyone to really care about their love lives but with the current emphasis on hero families I could see editorial closing ranks and being more selective who gets to use which toys, lending another character out for a guest appearance is fine but something like romance offers a level of creative control no one wants to give.

I do love how clever people get with the Amalgam Universe Spider-Boy combining Peter getting the Symbiote Suit in Secret Wars with Conner wardrobe overhaul to black T-shirt and jeans in 2000's.
    So where's the rest of the series?

Extraordinary Member

82098790-0486-4B6C-A965-25065154D52F.jpg
    Which may add to my point considering they were both in Teen Titans Academy together (mostly background players) but there was no reference to them still being a thing and similarly in the current Speed Force book it appears Wallace/Ace is single again same with Avery and Kenan now that I think about it.

Now it might be that all these characters are simply too irrelevant for anyone to really care about their love lives but with the current emphasis on hero families I could see editorial closing ranks and being more selective who gets to use which toys, lending another character out for a guest appearance is fine but something like romance offers a level of creative control no one wants to give.
    Well with Emiko, she doesn’t have any other options in the Arrow family. Connor Hawke is her nephew. That only leaves Roy and that ain’t happening.

The Chained seems to be a good foe for Conner.
    Yeah I thought he’d work better as a reoccurring foe for Conner moreso than Clark myself. Both products of genetic experiments, both “sons” of prominent Metropolis businessmen, both have reason to hate Lex Luthor, and both have TTK.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Speaking of Wallace what do people think of Kon being friends with him and Avery?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Speaking of Wallace what do people think of Kon being friends with him and Avery?
    It’s okay to me. I believe the elephant in the room, for everyone, is why he isn’t hanging out with Bart.

Amazing Member

It’s okay to me. I believe the elephant in the room, for everyone, is why he isn’t hanging out with Bart.
    THIS. Like I get Bart going on the shelf because there are so many flashes, but his literal best friends not questioning why he’s suddenly disappeared is jarring, let alone Conner being in extended contact with the Flash Family and not noticing.

Anybody else feel bad for Conner,for being in the speed force book?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ms Marvel wasn’t around in 1996 when the Amalgam universe was created.
    Carol Danvers was Binary at the time and was off panel in space with the Starjammers.
    Yeah, it was 1998 when she returned, right, when she rejoined the Avengers as Warbird?

I doubt her being called Carol is purely a coincidence, a few of the Amalgam heroes mix several characters together, Spiderboy himself has elements pulled from of Peter, Conner, Ben Reilly and even Pete Ross.

Also just noticing now that's Starfire fused with Shatterstar.
    Yeah, calling her Carol could be a reference to Kara's secret identity Linda Danvers having the same last name as Carol Danvers.

As for Spider-Boy, yeah, he's technically Scarlet Spider + Superboy - Ben was still Spider-Man at the time. His name Pete Ross may match Clark Kent's best friend from the old Superboy comics, but in Amalgam it's a combination of Peter from Peter Parker, and Ross as in General Ross from the Hulk comics.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    and if I recall correctly, by Dark Crisis they are still together correct.
    No. Wallace and Emiko broke up in Teen Titans Academy, during War for Earth-3. He was sticking to the rules and she stowed away with the Titans team who took part in the event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We'll never get moments like these again in the new age DC world

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We'll never get moments like these again in the new age DC world
    The Tim cloning Kon thing and Cassie cult thing were REALLY dumb just gonna throw this out there and just bad writing all around.