Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Of all the villains he has faced who do you think best fits as Kon's arch enemy?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Of all the villains he has faced who do you think best fits as Kon's arch enemy?
    Mags Visaggio most likely

Superboy and the Hawaii era Earth dog Krypto and their never-ending feud.

I miss that little s#'t.

Amazing Member

90’s Kon - Match
    Johns Kon - Prime
    New 52 Kon - H’el, Harvest, or Jon Lane Kent
    Current Kon- none

It’s amazing how they all represent an inverse of Kon.

I would love an Earth One: Superboy tale for Kon. I think it would work well for him. It doesn't even have to connect to the previous E1 Superman or the E1 Teen Titans (but it could).
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

So is Conner and M'gaan actually be a thing or will they just not bring it up anymore?

Honest, I think Amanda Spence would had fit better as archenemy, from the early era. However after Johns, I don't know if Spence still would fill the role.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

So is Conner and M'gaan actually be a thing or will they just not bring it up anymore?
    I don't think many readers want to remember that particular story. But until another writer pair Conner and M'Gann again, its canon status is not clear.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

None of his villains like Knockout or King Shark are even used for him anymore.
    So it’s Match by process of elimination.

Amazing Member

reason why it won’t get brought up soon but eventually :
    Now that viggs released her entire pitch, DC wouldn’t want to veer into anything that could cause them legal trouble.

If a YJ series came out of speed force , then maybe they would, but there would have to be some sufficient character building with M’gaan. I dont want her to be a bland cheerleader type like Cassie turned out to be under John’s.

That story was just a rejected pitch, so it was setting up a story that isn't happening (in which Conner has a sex change!) - they clearly only ran it as filler, and it's non-canon. Nothing stopping another writer pairing Kon and Megan though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Williamson is using Conner in House of Brainiac, so maybe his relationship status will be addressed there. Williamson likes using animated stuff, his run is already heavily based on the DCAU, wouldn’t shock me if he continued the Kon/M’gann romance.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I will give New 52 Superboy one thing giving his TK a red aura was a smart choice and lead to some cool and striking pages.

I think that's why Conner's own TTK has never been adapted and fallen to wayside in later years, it's never had a strong or consistent visual identify and what are comics if not visuals.

That might play a role but I think it has more to do with how most adaptions of Kon prefer to just make him a Kryptonian clone with the regular powerset.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/