Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I wouldn’t even consider Flash to be a supporting character anymore due to his anti venom role. Robbie and Betty are Bugle and Peter isn’t apart of that world anymore.
    But JJJ and Aunt May are… or should be. The point is Wells prefers to just write Spidey but when he has to write Peter Parker scenes he only seems to focus on MJ/Paul with some “Good” Norman mixed in. Sure, JJJ and others may pop up from time to time, but not like they used to in other runs.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    But JJJ and Aunt May are… or should be. The point is Wells prefers to just write Spidey but when he has to write Peter Parker scenes he only seems to focus on MJ/Paul with some “Good” Norman mixed in. Sure, JJJ and others may pop up from time to time, but not like they used to in other runs.
    well maybe its to help people appreciate them more the next time they do appear. or its possible he has no plans for them
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

well maybe its to help people appreciate them more the next time they do appear. or its possible he has no plans for them
    He has no plans for them because they just don’t interest him.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

JJJ has his happy end for the run with the robot arms which is his pet and possible new gf?
    Randy is gonna be in a wheelchair soon probably and he and his dad are essentially almost done after maybe gang war fallout thing. Betty could show up if Ned shows back up. May has no reason to be in the run anymore. So besides MJ that's all that's left of the current ASM cast

when was the last time the anyone in the supporting cast was interesting?

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

when was the last time the anyone in the supporting cast was interesting?
    Again, that’s a fault of the writer, not of the character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    JJJ has his happy end for the run with the robot arms which is his pet and possible new gf?
    This is truly the darkest timeline for JJJ…

Randy is gonna be in a wheelchair soon probably and he and his dad are essentially almost done after maybe gang war fallout thing. Betty could show up if Ned shows back up. May has no reason to be in the run anymore. So besides MJ that's all that's left of the current ASM cast
    What you said about May kind of epitomizes the problem with this run. In other past (and I’d argue much better) runs, Spidey’s supporting cast were a constant background presence even when they didn’t have a plot revolving around them. JJJ would ask for pictures, Flash would bully Peter, and Aunt May would dote on him. Now it seems they disappear for months, and only appear when Wells wants to have them get directly involved with whatever threat is currently unfolding in the plot.

Again, that’s a fault of the writer, not of the character.
    this excuse is tiring

Astonishing Member

this excuse is tiring
    Yes, the excuse that the characters are what’s wrong is tiring. The characters have worked for decades. They’re the best supporting cast in comics. If Wells can’t properly utilize them, that’s on him and not the characters.

I am tired of this back and forth with you though. Have a good one!

Astonishing Member

To keep on topic: What about recovering the Daily Grind cast? Waste of a lot of good characters right there. Ben recovered working there again and being the bench Spider-Man just springing to action when is absolutely necesary. Hey, Ben entering by accident and the people there recognizing him and showing him love could be the start of the fixing and then can all be part of the supporting cast.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    To keep on topic: What about recovering the Daily Grind cast? Waste of a lot of good characters right there. Ben recovered working there again and being the bench Spider-Man just springing to action when is absolutely necesary. Hey, Ben entering by accident and the people there recognizing him and showing him love could be the start of the fixing and then can all be part of the supporting cast.
    I like that idea. That could work. Bringing back Ben's 90s supporting cast could be healing, both for him and for the fans.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I've always wished for Ben to reunite with them, although most of them saw him die back in the day. I guess New U brought a lot of people back so he could always say he was one of the people brought back during that period.

Amazing Member

Would Ben work in a revived Slingers team with Hobie as Hornet and the rest of the original cast?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    Would Ben work in a revived Slingers team with Hobie as Hornet and the rest of the original cast?
    Not a bad idea. Ben could work in any context with the right writing.

I do miss the original Hornet a bit though. His death actually stuck, right?

Astonishing Member

Not a bad idea. Ben could work in any context with the right writing.

I do miss the original Hornet a bit though. His death actually stuck, right?
    Yeah and in true Millar fashion was mean spirited
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 01-29-2024 at 09:19 PM.