Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I saw that too. Covers sometimes are overdramatized versions of what actually happens in the book, so hopefully its just one of those situations.

I doubt they'd have given the Chasm series to Foxe, who has publicly expressed his fondness for Ben and disdain for the Chasm idea, if they were planning to push him back towards villainy. Then again, it's Spider-Man editorial, so who knows anymore?
    As someone who grew up with covers depicting the story inside it’s still hardwired in my spine to react like this.

Considering Hallows Eve had a mini published by the same office I doubt this appearance will veer far from it. Worst case scenario she will be the one reigning in an unhinged Ben.

Where did Foxe express disdain for Chasm? Love to read that.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    As someone who grew up with covers depicting the story inside it’s still hardwired in my spine to react like this.

Considering Hallows Eve had a mini published by the same office I doubt this appearance will veer far from it. Worst case scenario she will be the one reigning in an unhinged Ben.

I think it was an interview about Dark X-Men where he mentioned that he was excited when Ben came back as Spider-Man and then expressed his disappointment at Ben being turned into Chasm.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

https://podcasts.apple.com/gr/podcas...=1000625509341

I don’t usually listen to podcasts, about any subject really. So it’s no surprise I missed it. Tried to fast forward my way through it but I didn’t hear that part. They talked about Ben near the end, roughly 20 min from the end, but not that part.

Astonishing Member

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...AAAAHQAAAAAQNg

Sorry man, wrong one earlier. To own my mistake I listened to it again and you can go straight to 25:35

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...AAAAHQAAAAAQNg

Sorry man, wrong one earlier. To own my mistake I listened to it again and you can go straight to 25:35
    Thank you. I wish I shared Foxe’s view that this a long roller coaster. I just doubt the overall direction that marvel has for Ben. As PAV says he has waited 20 years and can wait longer. For me it’s that I am afraid it will be years until we reach better ground and if we do it will not last(as in it being a passing lull). Normally I am a positive guy but man Marvels stubborn policies have worn me down.
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-11-2024 at 12:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Thank you. I wish I shared Foxe’s view that this a long roller coaster. I just doubt the overall direction that marvel has for Ben. As PAV says he has waited 20 years and can wait longer. For me it’s that I am afraid it will be years until we reach better ground and if we do it will not last(as in it being a passing lull). Normally I am a positive guy but man Marvels stubborn policies have worn me down.
    Nothing is worse than OMD status quo enduring over 15 years. But Ben Reilly’s abhorrent treatment since he’s been back would rank up there. I’ve pretty much given up on this iteration of the character. He doesn’t read like the Ben from the 90s (then again neither does Peter…)
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

I don't have a lot a faith in current editorial but at least Foxe lines Ben and that's a silver lining IMHO

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Nothing is worse than OMD status quo enduring over 15 years. But Ben Reilly’s abhorrent treatment since he’s been back would rank up there. I’ve pretty much given up on this iteration of the character. He doesn’t read like the Ben from the 90s (then again neither does Peter…)
    That's how I felt since a little before OMD, after Sins Past Peter's been a little off. Nowadays I don't really care that much about him. He even left Venom take the blame for things he haf done

Fantastic Member

Kinda sad this wasn't included in the first wave. Looks like it's retailer exclusive. Ultimate Spider-Man #1 cover featuring Ben's Scarlet Spider suit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4YJog4N...tuMmxoN3lwNQ==

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Kinda sad this wasn't included in the first wave. Looks like it's retailer exclusive. Ultimate Spider-Man #1 cover featuring Ben's Scarlet Spider suit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4YJog4N...tuMmxoN3lwNQ==
    That looks awesome. I wish I could have gotten my hands on some of those costume tease variants but my LCS didn't have any.

Apparently, it is only available in Italy:

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-11-2024 at 08:20 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That looks awesome. I wish I could have gotten my hands on some of those costume tease variants but my LCS didn't have any.

At least Scarlet is smart enough to dress for the weather!
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

This week we should get a preview of the Chasm story in Web Of... that sets up ASM 47-48 and the Curse of Kaine mini

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    This week we should get a preview of the Chasm story in Web Of... that sets up ASM 47-48 and the Curse of Kaine mini
    What if Ben Reilly at the end of Chasm: Curse of Kaine says "Chasm...what a joke." and wears the Scarlet Spider suit in Kaine's honor /j

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Insert SpongeBob "I NEED IT" gif here