Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Not sure where to put this, so I thought I’d ask it here. I’m currently reading the BND era up through to the end of Superior Spider-Man, and have added Agent Venom & the Kaine Scarlet Spider series. I know Agent Venom had a tie in with Amazing 654.1, does Scarlet Kaine have the same thing?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not sure where to put this, so I thought I’d ask it here. I’m currently reading the BND era up through to the end of Superior Spider-Man, and have added Agent Venom & the Kaine Scarlet Spider series. I know Agent Venom had a tie in with Amazing 654.1, does Scarlet Kaine have the same thing?
    Kaine's series follows out of Spider Island
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Kaine's series follows out of Spider Island
    Awesome. Thanks so much. Any issue/mini I should be on the look out for? Or does it just lead out from the main story?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Awesome. Thanks so much. Any issue/mini I should be on the look out for? Or does it just lead out from the main story?
    Kaine returns in Grim Hunt, then appears in the Spider Island issues of ASM, then his series. I don't think there are any minis or Point One issues of note beyond those two appearances before his series starts.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Kaine returns in Grim Hunt, then appears in the Spider Island issues of ASM, then his series. I don't think there are any minis or Point One issues of note beyond those two appearances before his series starts.
    Thanks again! I can’t wait to get there!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

https://frontlinegaming.org/2024/04/...carlet-spider/

Here's our boy Ben in that Marvel table top game. Love that pose!

04232024-CP155_Transmission-Image_4-768x904-1.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    That's a solid mini. I used to play Heroclix after all these years there's not one Ben as Spidey piece.

Somewhat related, Mafex is releasing a 90s Superboy. I kinda want to pose him fighting my Mafex Ben as a throwback to their fight before Amalgam

Astonishing Member

Kaine actually returns a few months earlier in the Raptor arc (I think ASM #609-611? Around there…), but I like his appearance in Grim Hunt better. First time he becomes a hero.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Kaine actually returns a few months earlier in the Raptor arc (I think ASM #609-611? Around there…), but I like his appearance in Grim Hunt better. First time he becomes a hero.
    608, last panel

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Very nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    I don't know why some were trying to clearly state what memories Chasm has/doesn't have as this comic doesn't indicate much good about his mental state. It doesn't show that he clearly remembers his Ben life. He can't remember what the term pro bono means in this issue. Nothing written on page suggests his memory situation is any better.

As far as Chasm, this is probably his best appearance under Wells and Lowe. Because all he does is sit in the Winkler machine gurgling. Janine and Chasm have a moment where they kinda feel bad about y'know, trying to destroy NYC with demons in a lunatic crusade.

The biggest positive was Peter actively saving Ben. But once again it's just lip service about Ben needing help. A few throwaway lines suggesting Peter was doing anything to help the guy who literally died to save him would go a long way to adding any sorts gravitas or drama to the situation.

Chasm is again a joke character and his condition is played for laughs and well, he's once again a complete idiot.
    end of spoilers

Hopefully he's out of Wells book for good.
    Last edited by Coop; 04-24-2024 at 09:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I basically read ASM's book end pages off the rack.
    Is Ben evil/mad or not? Him showing concern for Peter off of what that machine he was hooked up to showed him about the future is odd....if you're evil.

The sooner this Chasm debacle is over the better.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I basically read ASM's book end pages off the rack.
    Is Ben evil/mad or not? Him showing concern for Peter off of what that machine he was hooked up to showed him about the future is odd....if you're evil.

The sooner this Chasm debacle is over the better.

I didn't read it but based on the recaps/spoilers it seems to leave Ben & Janine without too much of a direction now that he doesn't have an axe to grind with Peter about getting his memories back. Also seeing as how Kaine didn't make an appearance in this story he seems to have failed quite miserably in his self appointed job of keeping an eye on Ben.

Astonishing Member

Where's Pav Review? I need to read his take

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I didn't read it but based on the recaps/spoilers it seems to leave Ben & Janine without too much of a direction now that he doesn't have an axe to grind with Peter about getting his memories back. Also seeing as how Kaine didn't make an appearance in this story he seems to have failed quite miserably in his self appointed job of keeping an eye on Ben.
    We didn't see what happened after he decided to investigate further the sewers. Maybe During already has him.