Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Fellow Ben ejoyers, ehat are your hopes and fears for our boy in ASM 47 and 48?
    I'm pretty sure, what with C:CoK coming up, that I should really moderate both my hopes and fears for this story. I'd just like a sense of some sort of narrative momentum for my dude - I think there are a number of workable situations for Ben and I'd like them to pick something for him and then we can see if it works out. "I've lost my memories and I'm a different person" is not a workable or sustainable narrative direction for anyone
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'm pretty sure, what with C:CoK coming up, that I should really moderate both my hopes and fears for this story. I'd just like a sense of some sort of narrative momentum for my dude - I think there are a number of workable situations for Ben and I'd like them to pick something for him and then we can see if it works out. "I've lost my memories and I'm a different person" is not a workable or sustainable narrative direction for anyone
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I don't have much hopes there. We know Ben will still be Chasm in the mini, so I don't expect much different than what we've already seen in the ASM issues.

I'm more interested in/anxious about the mini. That's where I think we might see some changes to Kaine and Ben. But I have no idea if they'll be good or bad changes. I hope, as I've said before, that Ben ends up with his mind and sanity restored, is horrified by what he became and what he did, and begins a path of redemption, much like what happened with Bucky/Winter Soldier when he got his mind back. I think the trauma of his descent into madness and villainy and his journey to find redemption could be an interesting thing to explore. I like Kaine as he is and hope he helps save Ben, much as Ben once did for him in Spider-Man: Redemption.

That's what I want, but I'm terrified that they're going to kill one of them off or put Kaine in Ben's costume or something stupid and depressing.

Astonishing Member

It's so weird that they announced C:CoK so early with no premise, no date, no original promotional image and no creative team.

It's so weird that they announced C:CoK so early with no premise, no date, no original promotional image and no creative team.
    I still wouldn't be surprised if something else was gonna be announced in it's place but it got pushed back so they rushed the announcement for it. It certainly explains why the cover shown in Timeless is reused from the ASM Dark Web prelude.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't have much hopes there. We know Ben will still be Chasm in the mini, so I don't expect much different than what we've already seen in the ASM issues.

I'm more interested in/anxious about the mini. That's where I think we might see some changes to Kaine and Ben. But I have no idea if they'll be good or bad changes. I hope, as I've said before, that Ben ends up with his mind and sanity restored, is horrified by what he became and what he did, and begins a path of redemption, much like what happened with Bucky/Winter Soldier when he got his mind back. I think the trauma of his descent into madness and villainy and his journey to find redemption could be an interesting thing to explore. I like Kaine as he is and hope he helps save Ben, much as Ben once did for him in Spider-Man: Redemption.

That's what I want, but I'm terrified that they're going to kill one of them off or put Kaine in Ben's costume or something stupid and depressing.
    I would hope for that, too. It would be very full circle.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Hope in a Zeb Wells Spider-Man comic is a bit of a strong word but the very least I want is for Ben to start to get his memories back, is put on a quest to regain his identity, becomes if not friendly to Peter is less angry and violent with him. The rest can start to be resolved in the mini-series. My fear is that Marvel wants Ben to be the edgy alternative Spider-man so they will have Ben do something awful and it creates distance between him and Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I still wouldn't be surprised if something else was gonna be announced in it's place but it got pushed back so they rushed the announcement for it. It certainly explains why the cover shown in Timeless is reused from the ASM Dark Web prelude.
    The promo image was a collage of recycled art too. I wonder why they don't have new art to promote it by now

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Hope in a Zeb Wells Spider-Man comic is a bit of a strong word but the very least I want is for Ben to start to get his memories back, is put on a quest to regain his identity, becomes if not friendly to Peter is less angry and violent with him. The rest can start to be resolved in the mini-series. My fear is that Marvel wants Ben to be the edgy alternative Spider-man so they will have Ben do something awful and it creates distance between him and Spider-Man.
    I stand by my statement that erasing a character’s identity and wiping their memories is effectively a character death, and we don’t actually have “Ben” back at all yet. We know what kind of person Ben is and should be, and an intentional perversion of those traits basically is just replacing him outright with a different character with his face and name but none of his appealing characteristics.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

I still don’t understand how getting Peter memories will help him cause he will still need the other memories he made when he left New York and when he back in the original clone saga which are the more important ones really
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I still don’t understand how getting Peter memories will help him cause he will still need the other memories he made when he left New York and when he back in the original clone saga which are the more important ones really
    Which is why I have said that he needs to recover his whole identity. All of it good and bad. And lose that non-symbiote he has been carrying for the last few years.

Astonishing Member

First time I hear about this game but they're adding Scarlet Spider Ben and the figure looks pretty cool

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/char...carlet-spider/

BANNED

That's true. It's been a while since I read Beyond, but I think the idea was that his memory implants of Peter's life made up the foundation of his psyche and when those were tampered with, his whole mind collapsed. He seems to remember some things from his life as Ben, but it's never been explained especially well. Maybe Ben thinks getting Peter's memories back would restore all of his memories? Maybe he's just confused and irrational? Who even knows?

Plus, Peter would have a ton of memories Ben wouldn't have from the years since Ben's creation.

It would help because those are essentially the foundation for the rest of them. While his memories after he left New York are important for his separation from Peter, it’s his Peter Parker memories that are fundamental in the hero he became. You can build up the most grandiose building possible but remove the foundation and the whole thing comes tumbling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It would help because those are essentially the foundation for the rest of them. While his memories after he left New York are important for his separation from Peter, it’s his Peter Parker memories that are fundamental in the hero he became. You can build up the most grandiose building possible but remove the foundation and the whole thing comes tumbling down.
    Peter's memories are the foundation. But even though that foundation is gone the rest of what he has should be enough for him to be a hero. It's just messy, it's like Wells believe that it's a string that makes all of the rest of him come undone with only splinters left. Which is just insane as he would be a drolling mess. Now he can remember to use his powers and everything else that the story dictates but at the same time the story dictates what he can remember. It's an inane plot-sickness. No point in trying to understand it because whatever shred of interal logic applied to it went away the frist time we saw him as Chasm.