Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

IMG-20240131-WA0046.jpg

Trying to make the Scarlet Spider color scheme work on Chasm. The eyes got to go or it looks like mascara bleeding.

Astonishing Member

The goo energy signature makes him look a little like a member of the Flash family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    IMG-20240131-WA0046.jpg

Trying to make the Scarlet Spider color scheme work on Chasm. The eyes got to go or it looks like mascara bleeding.
    Holy ****, it's Web-Man!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The goo energy signature makes him look a little like a member of the Flash family.
    Scarlet Spider or Scarlet Speedster?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

IMG-20240131-WA0046.jpg

That’s dope, man. Even though I don’t like Chasm, that’s a very cool look.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

To keep on topic: What about recovering the Daily Grind cast? Waste of a lot of good characters right there. Ben recovered working there again and being the bench Spider-Man just springing to action when is absolutely necesary. Hey, Ben entering by accident and the people there recognizing him and showing him love could be the start of the fixing and then can all be part of the supporting cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I've always wished for Ben to reunite with them, although most of them saw him die back in the day. I guess New U brought a lot of people back so he could always say he was one of the people brought back during that period.
    I always figured it'd be as easy as, "Hi, Daily Grand peeps! You thought I died but I was actually put into witness protection -- but now I'm back!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    Would Ben work in a revived Slingers team with Hobie as Hornet and the rest of the original cast?
    Ben leading the Slingers should've happened decades ago. I still want it. It's all I've ever wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Not a bad idea. Ben could work in any context with the right writing.

I do miss the original Hornet a bit though. His death actually stuck, right?
    Don't worry. Despite his awful death, Eddie McDonough lives on as the White Hot Hornet, an Arachknight of the Webwyrx Dimension.

-Pav, who would love to write that story for Marvel someday...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I always figured it'd be as easy as, "Hi, Daily Grand peeps! You thought I died but I was actually put into witness protection -- but now I'm back!"
    Don’t worry, Ben. Daily Grind probably closed down years ago and got replaced by a Starbucks. Gentrification, baby!

(In all seriousness, I would like to see Shirley back at least. The 3 or 4 panels we got of her in JMD’s Ben Reilly mini wasn’t enough.)

Astonishing Member

Don’t worry, Ben. Daily Grind probably closed down years ago and got replaced by a Starbucks. Gentrification, baby!

(In all seriousness, I would like to see Shirley back at least. The 3 or 4 panels we got of her in JMD’s Ben Reilly mini wasn’t enough.)
    Shirley and Devon for me, but the others as well

Shirley and Devon for me, but the others as well
    Maybe Shirley and Devon could show up at FEAST -- or, maybe Devon could become a classmate of Miles Morales?

Wasn't Devon's dad a police officer?

-Pav, who seems to recall a single issue featuring him teaming up with Ben...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Ben leading the Slingers should've happened decades ago. I still want it. It's all I've ever wanted.

Don't worry. Despite his awful death, Eddie McDonough lives on as the White Hot Hornet, an Arachknight of the Webwyrx Dimension.

-Pav, who would love to write that story for Marvel someday...
    That would work except most of them were standing there on the street and actually watched Ben die. Shirley, Devon and Buzz might still be around, but I imagine a lot of the ESU students like Desiree that hung out there have probably moved on by now.

Of course, a motivated writer could certainly find a way to make it work and I would definitely like to see it.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Shirley and Devon could show up at FEAST -- or, maybe Devon could become a classmate of Miles Morales?

Wasn't Devon's dad a police officer?

-Pav, who seems to recall a single issue featuring him teaming up with Ben...
    Yes, they took down Delilah I think in ASM#414. It’s a good issue and one of Bagley’s last issues too (and sadly, one of Ben’s last as well).

Detective Garon Lewis I think is his name. He actually appeared once or twice post-Clone Saga. Just small cameos investigating crimes.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Did anyone read Spine-Tingling #4? It was pretty good, they actually made The Jackal menacing again. Best of all, Spidercide is still out there in the dark, waiting for his chance to strike!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Ben had so many great love interests in the 90s. Janine, Jessica, Desiree (she was an emerging telepath, that would’ve gone interesting places if Ben wasn’t killed after their first big date)… all of them deserved more time. Sure, Janine is back. But ehhhh… she’s not quite the same, especially since the Hallow’s Eve stuff.

Ben did have some not great romantic moments too. Like the weird fling with Betty Brant near the end of the Saga in that Unlimited issue (the one where Nightwatch got killed). My favorite part of that was when Ben was killed in PPSM#75, instead of Betty being one of the characters crying in the panel showing all the onlookers, she just has a perplexed “huh” look on her face. Go back and check. Like, lady, you were literally making out with this guy and crying on his shoulder just last month. Guess JRJr didn’t get the memo!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Did anyone read Spine-Tingling #4? It was pretty good, they actually made The Jackal menacing again. Best of all, Spidercide is still out there in the dark, waiting for his chance to strike!
    It was a good mini. It does kind of ignore Spidercide’s redemption from JMD’s Ben Reilly mini (it also doesn’t explain how he came back). But besides that, it’s probably my SECOND favorite Spidey book of the last year (the first being USM of course). Great atmosphere. Probably the scariest a Spidey book has ever been. And Jackal has never been deadlier (but again, they don’t really explain how Miles is back, unless it’s yet another clone).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It was a good mini. It does kind of ignore Spidercide’s redemption from JMD’s Ben Reilly mini (it also doesn’t explain how he came back). But besides that, it’s probably my SECOND favorite Spidey book of the last year (the first being USM of course). Great atmosphere. Probably the scariest a Spidey book has ever been. And Jackal has never been deadlier (but again, they don’t really explain how Miles is back, unless it’s yet another clone).
    Back from the dead? At least since Marvel Team-Up #1-3 by Eve Ewing teaming up Spider-Man/Peter Parker and Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan. Back from Spider-Gwen's/Ghost-Spider's reality? Who shocking knows?
    The spider is always on the hunt.