Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, I got to thumb through a copy. Kaine was written very well. Ben is still angry and crazy, but much better than when Wells was writing him.
    What's Kaine attitude towards him?
    What's the setup for Chasm Curse of Kaine?
    Thanks in advance

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I got to thumb through a copy. Kaine was written very well. Ben is still angry and crazy, but much better than when Wells was writing him.
    That's good, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Thanks in advance
    Curious about these things as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Thanks in advance
    Not sure how to do spoiler tags with my stupid phone so anyone reading beware of spoilers below:

They both have their own individual stories in it that are obviously going to collide. Basically Ben escapes Limbo (Maddie finally shows some self-awareness, too) and Kaine is trying to find him. Kaine’s attitude is a lot more what I was expecting when Ben went bad the first time. There's some ambivalence on Kaine’s part, but he seems more like he's concerned about Ben than wanting to kill him, which I appreciate. Kaine’s written pretty well from what I saw (I only got a chance to briefly flip through it, so I didn't get to read it in-depth. Just got to scan through some key moments.)

Like I said, Ben is still nutso and it is Greg Land art so manage your expectations there, but I liked what I saw overall.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 03-19-2024 at 06:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not sure how to do spoiler tags with my stupid phone so anyone reading beware of spoilers below:

They both have their own individual stories in it that are obviously going to collide. Basically Ben escapes Limbo (Maddie finally shows some self-awareness, too) and Kaine is trying to find him. Kaine’s attitude is a lot more what I was expecting when Ben went bad the first time. There's some ambivalence on Kaine’s part, but he seems more like he's concerned about Ben than wanting to kill him, which I appreciate. Kaine’s written pretty well from what I saw (I only got a chance to briefly flip through it, so I didn't get to read it in-depth. Just got to scan through some key moments.)

Like I said, Ben is still nutso and it is Greg Land art so manage your expectations there, but I liked what I saw overall.
    Thanks a lot! Without spoiling, Is there a third party lurking in the shadows as advertised?

BANNED

Thanks a lot! Without spoiling, Is there a third party lurking in the shadows as advertised?
    I believe there was at the end of Kaine’s story. I only briefly skimmed that bit.

Fantastic Member

Saw the Web Of Spider-Man Chasm story and had to look up who wrote it cause to me at least it didn't feel meaningfully different than his other appearances. Now he's a gothic edge lord going on about how sad he is and torment etc. this is just a really boring character who bears no resemblance to Ben Reilly and has a singular purpose, get revenge for a misremembered sleight.

The Kaine part was better. There was more naunce and depth to his character. I like the unmasked look they went with for the most part

Nothing that's motivated me to put down money for Curse of Kaine. I think Ben Reilly fans should be ready to endure more rough water. The shore seems a ways out from here.

ben is getting a power up at least with his energy webs. and he is right about the prison just letting him sit around and think of what he lost is only going to hurt him more not help him. So Ben next appearance is asm 47 and 48 then the Kaine mini so I'm guessing he wont be fix anytime soon
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Saw the Web Of Spider-Man Chasm story and had to look up who wrote it cause to me at least it didn't feel meaningfully different than his other appearances. Now he's a gothic edge lord going on about how sad he is and torment etc. this is just a really boring character who bears no resemblance to Ben Reilly and has a singular purpose, get revenge for a misremembered sleight.

The Kaine part was better. There was more naunce and depth to his character. I like the unmasked look they went with for the most part

Nothing that's motivated me to put down money for Curse of Kaine. I think Ben Reilly fans should be ready to endure more rough water. The shore seems a ways out from here.

Is he still rocking the man bun??

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Is he still rocking the man bun??
    No, he's gone back to his 90's Grunge Rocker look.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Wish Kaine was completely healed, though... hate they reverted that part.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Wish Kaine was completely healed, though... hate they reverted that part.
    Oh, Kaine's deformed face, in his beginnings Kaine has always had a deformed face, that's already something characteristic of Kaine's character. The only way to cure Kaine of that would be for to die and be revived in a new body without those imperfections, although that would mean killing Kaine for like the fifth or sixth time. I don't even remember how many times Kaine died, although for some reason I have a feeling it won't take too long for Kaine to die again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Oh, Kaine's deformed face, in his beginnings Kaine has always had a deformed face, that's already something characteristic of Kaine's character. The only way to cure Kaine of that would be for to die and be revived in a new body without those imperfections, although that would mean killing Kaine for like the fifth or sixth time. I don't even remember how many times Kaine died, although for some reason I have a feeling it won't take too long for Kaine to die again.
    Eh, he was completely healed in Spider-Island thanks to Anti Venom, but Clone Conspiracy brought it back.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Probably, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ben is getting a power up at least with his energy webs. and he is right about the prison just letting him sit around and think of what he lost is only going to hurt him more not help him. So Ben next appearance is asm 47 and 48 then the Kaine mini so I'm guessing he wont be fix anytime soon
    Sadly . . .

Eh, he was completely healed in Spider-Island thanks to Anti Venom, but Clone Conspiracy brought it back.
    Clone Conspiracy explained it that the Other, which Kaine was hosting at the time, held back his clone degeneration, so when it died in the original Spider-Verse and Kaine was resurrected without it, the clone degeneration came back with him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

So nothing about Ben or Kaine in the Hune solicits, Chasm: Curse of Kaine should start in July?

BANNED

Yeah, I hated that, too. Part of the reason Kaine was more stable was that the degeneration had also affected his brain in the past, so being cured of it helped him be able to think clearly for the first time. Bringing it back was just an unnecessary step backward (especially since Clone Conspiracy made it clear he didn't have much time left to live, but he seems to be totally fine still, not crazed or in pain).