Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I remember missing the finale of Revelations when it came out (I was pretty much at the mercy of when my parents would take me to the comic store at that age) and I remember grabbing the following issue with Peter back in the webs and asking the shop owner if they killed Ben and being pretty bummed. I liked seeing Peter back in the suit, but I was pretty disappointed that they killed Ben. The more back issues I'd pick up from that era over the years, the more I loved the character.
    I personally dropped buying 616 Spider-Man entirely after they killed Ben, only coming back to Spidey when the original Ultimate dropped. Only started collecting 616 again right after Brand New Day myself.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Marvel and DC are collaborating to reprint all of the AMALGAM comics and Marvel/DC crossover issues in trade paperback form! Which means more reprinted material with Ben in it!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...uding-amalgam/
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Marvel and DC are collaborating to reprint all of the AMALGAM comics and Marvel/DC crossover issues in trade paperback form! Which means more reprinted material with Ben in it!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...uding-amalgam/
    Seriously? That is awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Web of Spider-Man variants (featuring Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider and his evil clone, Chasm. Oh and the top one is called the FORESHADOW variant so...Ben is going to be the Scarlet Spider again. Hooray? or Monkey Paw?):

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-12-2024 at 08:28 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Web of Spider-Man variants (featuring Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider and his evil clone, Chasm. Oh and the top one is called the FORESHADOW variant so...Ben is going to be the Scarlet Spider again. Hooray? or Monkey Paw?):
    i going to make a bet and say its Kaine under the suit
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, I find it very funny that in one of these variant covers put Scarlet Spider next to the Green Goblin and Tombstone as if were a Spider-Man villain, although that is technically true for now sadly.

I've also seen some people say after seeing these variant covers that Ben will kill Kaine and that way Ben will go back to being Scarlet Spider while retaining his new Chasm powers, although it pains me to say it because I consider myself some of those people who want Ben to kill Kaine, Ben will not go back to being Scarlet Spider for the obvious reason of the existence of the series that has yet to come out which is Chasm: Curse Of Kaine, and in that series Ben will still be Chasm, not to say that that series Chasm: Curse Of Kaine will be chronologically located long after this Web of Spider-Man.

Besides, the variant covers in the comics almost never have any real importance inside the stories, although it is still curious that there are two covers centered in Chasm and Scarlet Spider, two of the most important Ben's own identities. Besides putting Chasm and Scarlet Spider on the same cover with the other major spiders of the 616 universe, it appears that Marvel is signaling that plan to combine both of Ben's identities into one new identity, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, or Marvel simply plans for Ben to go back to wearing just the Scarlet Spider suit and continue to carry the name Chasm .

Amazing Member

I am just wondering

Does JRJr ever look at his art and then look around at other artists' work and genuinely accept how ugly his art is?
    Just look at these three covers.
    I'm sure he was good once upon a time, but come on, it's a turnoff!
    How is he still getting all these good gigs?

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I doubt it in the case of the foreshadowing cover, though something tells me that they just told the artist on the other one to draw Scarlet Spider and Chasm and their mind (understandably) went to the classic Scarlet suit and not Kaine's suit

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I doubt it in the case of the foreshadowing cover, though something tells me that they just told the artist on the other one to draw Scarlet Spider and Chasm and their mind (understandably) went to the classic Scarlet suit and not Kaine's suit
    Pretty sure that’d get flagged by the art editor and they’d ask a redo.

Personally I think this may be Revelations 2: Clone Boogaloo

Norman bad again, Ben good again, sacrifices self to save Peter. Play it again, Sam.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    I am just wondering

Does JRJr ever look at his art and then look around at other artists' work and genuinely accept how ugly his art is?
    Just look at these three covers.
    I'm sure he was good once upon a time, but come on, it's a turnoff!
    How is he still getting all these good gigs?

What’s depressing is how much better his very similar PP:SM #75 cover from almost thirty years ago was.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Pretty sure that’d get flagged by the art editor and they’d ask a redo.
    I don't know man, I didn't forget about that Ben/Kaine hybrid thing on a different cover

Astonishing Member

I don't know man, I didn't forget about that Ben/Kaine hybrid thing on a different cover
    I must’ve missed that one. Link? But I get what you’re saying. Marvel is very sloppy lately. I still think the SS on the cover is meant to be Ben though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That was my first thought too and I would be really mad if that's the case. Also it would be really shitty of Kaine to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I must’ve missed that one. Link? But I get what you’re saying. Marvel is very sloppy lately. I still think the SS on the cover is meant to be Ben though.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

Baine Reilly, ladies and gentlemen

Astonishing Member

Just to be on the pessimistic side: there's no Kaine on those covers and Kaine is supposed to be featured in the same story as Ben in WEB OF, so...