Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

It's just what makes the treatment of modern Ben frustrating. Every time we hear an idea for what you could do with him it sounds so much more interesting than what we got. Which is just twisting the character into something that he's not be it a genocidal lunatic with the jackal or the brain addled edgelord joke that is Chasm.

It's like there's a concentrated effort to take the least interesting, least appropriate, and most boring angle to the character at every opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    It's just what makes the treatment of modern Ben frustrating. Every time we hear an idea for what you could do with him it sounds so much more interesting than what we got. Which is just twisting the character into something that he's not be it a genocidal lunatic with the jackal or the brain addled edgelord joke that is Chasm.

It's like there's a concentrated effort to take the least interesting, least appropriate, and most boring angle to the character at every opportunity
    Very, very much agreed. They really do not seem to either understand or know what to do with Ben's character.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Still no sign of C:CoK in July solicits...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    August then? It was announced for the summer

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    Very, very much agreed. They really do not seem to either understand or know what to do with Ben's character.
    I somewhat blame it on the idea of trying to twist Ben into an "evil Spider-Man" archetype after Venom became more of a good guy/anti-hero and could no longer fit cleanly into that role. With Peter's "evil clones" Kaine and Spidercide getting some form of redemption in more recent and/or contemporary comics, though . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Could be August, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I somewhat blame it on the idea of trying to twist Ben into an "evil Spider-Man" archetype after Venom became more of a good guy/anti-hero and could no longer fit cleanly into that role. With Peter's "evil clones" Kaine and Spidercide getting some form of redemption in more recent and/or contemporary comics, though . . .

Could be August, yeah.
    Yep and venom as carnage as his evil counterpart and archenemy alogn with meridius poor Ben has to suffer for it

Fantastic Member

Regarding the Ziglar interview, there's nothing in what I heard of it that suggests there was an alternate pitch for Ben.

Ziglar referring to him as the Manhattan Spider-Man seems to just be an offhand reference to how they differentiate between miles and Peter similar to how they do so in the insomniac games

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    much appreciated, cheers
    troo fan or death

Regarding the Ziglar interview, there's nothing in what I heard of it that suggests there was an alternate pitch for Ben.

Ziglar referring to him as the Manhattan Spider-Man seems to just be an offhand reference to how they differentiate between miles and Peter similar to how they do so in the insomniac games
    yeah, coming from a TV background it sounds more to me like a writer's room, they're breaking the story.

spider-man b will interact with spider-man a.

really enjoyable podcast.
    troo fan or death

Hopefully it's taking that long because Greg Land isn't on the book anymore

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hopefully it's taking that long because Greg Land isn't on the book anymore
    That would be good. That would be very good, even.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I really thought Ziglar was one of the rotating crew who got Ben the best, and I remember that he referenced Ben's struggle as similar to Spider-Punk's as "the small guy/everyman having to go head to head with the big corporation for control of his life".
    I'd dare say we were robbed.
    Agreed with every word.

BANNED

What would be the last month for something to be launched in "summer"? August?
    Yeah, August, I imagine. We'll see. Maybe they're changing plans and it's been delayed or maybe we'll hear something soon.

Without giving anything away, there's not much of a hint of Ben and Janine's future in this week's ASM. No announcement in the letters pages, either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, August, I imagine. We'll see. Maybe they're changing plans and it's been delayed or maybe we'll hear something soon.

Without giving anything away, there's not much of a hint of Ben and Janine's future in this week's ASM. No announcement in the letters pages, either.
    Just tell me if I'm right:

Ben story doesn't move an inch at the end of the story

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Just tell me if I'm right:

Ben story doesn't move an inch at the end of the story
    Does Kaine even get a mention?