Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    We didn't see what happened after he decided to investigate further the sewers. Maybe During already has him.
    Druig? Crap . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

Honestly, ASM#48 was better than I thought. Wells basically washed his hands clean of Chasm and left it up to future writers take on him. Hopefully, the next series with Chasm and Kaine will just will put them on a bus. It’s a shame Reilly still has no direction to where editorial wants to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey-Ben View Post
    Honestly, ASM#48 was better than I thought. Wells basically washed his hands clean of Chasm and left it up to future writers take on him. Hopefully, the next series with Chasm and Kaine will just will put them on a bus. It’s a shame Reilly still has no direction to where editorial wants to take him.
    Maybe they can go on a road trip while riding that bus. I'd definitely read the adventures of the Scarlet Spider brothers trying to reconcile after everything they've done and been through.

Fantastic Member

you know, thinking about it, the moments Ben was in the winkler device and it was frying his brain or whatever, would be a good way for his memory to get jolted and he slowly starts to regain his memories. Kinda like the memories were always there, just buried deep, DEEP down and the machine kinda gave a small nudge towards fully remember and getting them back.
    Last edited by t-spider; 04-27-2024 at 01:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    you know, thinking about it, the moments Ben was in the winkler device and it was frying his brain or whatever, would be a good way for his memory to get jolted and he slowly starts to regain his memories. Kinda like the memories were always there, just buried deep, DEEP down and the machine kinda gave a small nudge towards fully remember and getting them back.
    The memories thing is an easy fix. What we don't know is what editorial plan with him is (if there's any, that is). I wonder what the stairs with Ben is now, the two pages epilogue with him and Janine is pretty open but not very clear. Are they going to stop going after Peter but they won't help him? Are they kings good guys now?

Incredible Member

We didn't see what happened after he decided to investigate further the sewers. Maybe During already has him.

Possibly but if he has Kaine already that would be pretty quick after his first attempt in sending Freak after him.

Personally I'm interested in Chasm Curse of Kaine primarily for Kaine and will do my best to ignore that trainwreck of a character that Marvel brilliantly dubbed Chasm.

Some stuff that will be of interest to me:

This won't be Kaine's first run-in with an Eternal as he dealt I believe with all of them in Yost's New Warriors so I wonder if that will be referred to.

What Druig's interest is in the Spider clones and why he's going after them and not Spider-Man himself

That the eternals are way above Kaine or Chasm's weight class (even someone like Druig who isn't really a warrior type) so it'll be interesting to see how they fare against him.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 04-27-2024 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Yeah, that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Possibly but if he has Kaine already that would be pretty quick after his first attempt in sending Freak after him.

Personally I'm interested in Chasm Curse of Kaine primarily for Kaine and will do my best to ignore that trainwreck of a character that Marvel brilliantly dubbed Chasm.

Some stuff that will be of interest to me:

This won't be Kaine's first run-in with an Eternal as he dealt I believe with all of them in Yost's New Warriors so I wonder if that will be referred to.

What Druig's interest is in the Spider clones and why he's going after them and not Spider-Man himself

That the eternals are way above Kaine or Chasm's weight class (even someone like Druig who isn't really a warrior type) so it'll be interesting to see how they fare against him.
    Yeah, I still remember Chris Yost's New Warriors ending with them confronting the Eternals, whose then-leader Zuras was manipulating the High Evolutionary into committing genocide on all the superpowered offshoots of humanity by making him (and the other Eternals) think that without them doing that, the Celestials would come back and wipe out the entire planet and everyone on it. Then when he got exposed as a genocidal liar, he turned it around and blamed the High Evolutionary for tricking him, which the rest of the Eternals somehow bought, even though the New Warriors were far from convinced.

Astonishing Member

No news about Chasm Curse Of Kaine yet. I'm starting to get worried.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I bet it doesn't come out until 2025.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I bet it doesn't come out until 2025.
    The announced it in December 2023, I wonder what was all the rush about?

Mighty Member

The announced it in December 2023, I wonder what was all the rush about?
    My theory at the time was some other book they were previewing got axed (e.g. something Brevoort nixed for X-Men) and they had to hustle *something* into the layout
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

It's frankly amazing how hard Ben is Circling the drain as of late. I wonder if the upcoming book has run into a spot of bother, perhaps it's too early to be asking but might it of been delayed?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Polka dot man View Post
    It's frankly amazing how hard Ben is Circling the drain as of late. I wonder if the upcoming book has run into a spot of bother, perhaps it's too early to be asking but might it of been delayed?
    I'd like to think there's a plan (even if I dislike it) for Ben. Janine is going to join the Blood Hunters. I really wonder if she's splitting with Ben to free him for Curse of Kaine

Incredible Member

Why? Web of Spider-Man came out not even two weeks ago and Nick Lowe said in the letters page it was too soon to really say anything about the Ben/Kaine story.

Pretty sure now that the two part Chasm story in ASM is over we'll be getting some information about the story here pretty soon.