Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Ben memories are bad to the point where he calls Betty Betty Jane oh and he is teaming up with Queen Goblin
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I'm starting to doubt the existence of Chasm:Curse of Kaine at this point. Marvel has been radio silent since the announcement back on Febrary

Fantastic Member

This most recent Ben appearance kinda drives home why I think Chasm is a failure and as a Ben fan I derive no happiness seeing him.

The whole "Call me Chasm" thing is part of it. The inconsistent portrayal of how coherent he is or what he can remember. "Ben is gone" and yet Janine still calls him Ben. He's still invested in that part of being Ben. Maddie calls him Ben. And maybe there could be a story where "oh he resents Peter so much he hates being called Ben ONLY BY HIM" - but that's not on the page.

Chasm is a gag character. A farce. A parody. A bad joke.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    This most recent Ben appearance kinda drives home why I think Chasm is a failure and as a Ben fan I derive no happiness seeing him.

The whole "Call me Chasm" thing is part of it. The inconsistent portrayal of how coherent he is or what he can remember. "Ben is gone" and yet Janine still calls him Ben. He's still invested in that part of being Ben. Maddie calls him Ben. And maybe there could be a story where "oh he resents Peter so much he hates being called Ben ONLY BY HIM" - but that's not on the page.

Chasm is a gag character. A farce. A parody. A bad joke.
    Wow, you have a serious trauma with Chasm and likewise with Ben, I assume it makes you angry that the rumor you shared earlier fortunately turned out to be false, false like almost all the things you always say that in the end almost never turn out to be true. Although it's funnier to see how many people keep believing "leaks and rumors" that mostly always turn out to be false, people talk ahead of time, get it wrong and then get mad about it like you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Wow, you have a serious trauma with Chasm and likewise with Ben, I assume it makes you angry that the rumor you shared earlier fortunately turned out to be false, false like almost all the things you always say that in the end almost never turn out to be true. Although it's funnier to see how many people keep believing "leaks and rumors" that mostly always turn out to be false, people talk ahead of time, get it wrong and then get mad about it like you.
    I haven’t read a single solitary leak or rumor. I just check what’s in the book.

Definitely not having a good time as Ben fan. I have plenty of proof-on-page to be disgruntled about.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Ben memories are bad to the point where he calls Betty Betty Jane oh and he is teaming up with Queen Goblin
    What’s more is Ben even had a short fling with Betty towards the end of the Clone Saga.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    What’s more is Ben even had a short fling with Betty towards the end of the Clone Saga.
    yeah during the time he had to fight the first of the many Kraven son Vladimir
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I'm not entirely sure the current creative team is aware of that history.

(For the record, I thought they had good chemistry.)
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I haven’t read a single solitary leak or rumor. I just check what’s in the book.

Definitely not having a good time as Ben fan. I have plenty of proof-on-page to be disgruntled about.
    I wasn't saying it for you, but I understand that feeling of discontent. Also as a Ben's fan I am dissatisfied and jaded by all these shitty situations, but even I recognize that for everything there is a limit, it's ok to complain and claim, but that doesn't become very healthy when it becomes excessive and exaggerated, I don't see any sense to keep complaining about something that has no significant change no matter how much people complain, I don't even see that it's worth doing that constantly.

I consider all that just a waste of time, I would rather invest that time in something better that is really worthwhile than just keep complaining about something that is not going to have any change no matter how much I complain, it's as simple as that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    I blocked you because you have trauma about my posts. Stop crawling up my ass anytime I post about my opinion on the run. If you have such a problem with what I say, block me. I have no interest in indulging your weird obsession and I'll continue to express my opinion however I want within the rules of the forum. If you have an issue with that, it's entirely your problem.

Get over yourself. I don't make assumptions about you or insult you for your opinion, however I may feel about it. I don't even read your posts except by misfortune when someone else quotes you, a real crappy oversight of the block function. And I don't owe you an explanation on how I post and what I read and I don't care what your opinion is, about anything.

Keep coming after me personally and I'll report your posts and it will be a mod situation every time. I have nothing further to say to you and I don't care what your opinion on my posts is. I'll continue to make them and continue to not read your posts. This is the last reply I'm making to you. If people continue to quote your weird rants about me my only further interaction will be reporting the posts
    Last edited by Coop; 04-10-2024 at 11:01 PM.

I blocked you because you have trauma about my posts. Stop crawling up my ass anytime I post about my opinion on the run. If you have such a problem with what I say, block me. I have no interest in indulging your weird obsession and I'll continue to express my opinion however I want within the rules of the forum. If you have an issue with that, it's entirely your problem.

Get over yourself. I don't make assumptions about you or insult you for your opinion, however I may feel about it. I don't even read your posts except by misfortune when someone else quotes you, a real crappy oversight of the block function. And I don't owe you an explanation on how I post and what I read and I don't care what your opinion is, about anything.

Keep coming after me personally and I'll report your posts and it will be a mod situation every time. I have nothing further to say to you and I don't care what your opinion on my posts is. I'll continue to make them and continue to not read your posts. This is the last reply I'm making to you. If people continue to quote your weird rants about me my only further interaction will be reporting the posts
    God, you take everything so seriously. For starters you can't report me because I haven't broken any rules and besides who do you think you are to go around threatening someone about reporting them? You are no one to go around telling someone what should or shouldn't post, so spare me your absurd threats.

I wouldn't have any disagreement with you if you didn't make basically the same hateful comments so repetitive and boring to watch, everyone already knows you hate and have a trauma with everything related to the current ASM and Zeb Wells, and I won't blame you for that because I also hate everything have done with the comics recently, the big difference is that I don't consistently post the same comments about something I don't like all the time, something that unfortunately you do on a regular basis.

I don't even care about the things you post or not, I only become aware of you when you consistently make the same hateful comments, which unfortunately becomes very often. I don't have any problem with others because at least post useful things that help the conversations as forum debates, something that you have never done because you only post hateful posts that are already annoying and nuisance to watch, if you are not going to post something useful and that contributes to something, then for that you better not post anything.

Astonishing Member

Guys take your personal drama to private message or just be adults and drop it. No one else here wants to read it.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Fantastic Member

At least the lack of Chasm in this last issue only gives Wells one full issue with before presumably he goes on back burner for Curse of Kaine.

I don't have high hopes but at least other people write Janine and Chasm with a degree of naunce. That's what's most frustrating about their appearances in ASM. Janine in particular feels like a completely different character in the Hallows Eve books where's she's written as much more sympathetic.

And Chasm by Wells like I said is just a joke character. He acts the way the story needs him to act and remembers or forgets whatever he for a joke or half assed story beat.

At least in his brief appearance in Dark X-Men there was a hint of character. But we can't really even count on what memories Chasm will have of Kaine.

A bigger shame is that the villain is the biggest shrug ever. Feels like they could have had a story that was just about Kaine and Ben but we'll see.

Astonishing Member

At least the lack of Chasm in this last issue only gives Wells one full issue with before presumably he goes on back burner for Curse of Kaine.

I don't have high hopes but at least other people write Janine and Chasm with a degree of naunce. That's what's most frustrating about their appearances in ASM. Janine in particular feels like a completely different character in the Hallows Eve books where's she's written as much more sympathetic.

And Chasm by Wells like I said is just a joke character. He acts the way the story needs him to act and remembers or forgets whatever he for a joke or half assed story beat.

At least in his brief appearance in Dark X-Men there was a hint of character. But we can't really even count on what memories Chasm will have of Kaine.

A bigger shame is that the villain is the biggest shrug ever. Feels like they could have had a story that was just about Kaine and Ben but we'll see.
    According to Dark Web Ben lost all his Peter memories and some of his own and only remembers the painful ones.

Y'know, I was thinking yesterday about Chasm being so goofy and jokey. And it hit me that, maybe, it so clearly doesn't work because Ben's original stories were so serious: the existential journey he went through was often handled with gravitas and had legitimately emotional stakes. To take a character that was treated so respectfully and sincerity in his original appearances and then decide, "Let's turn him into a villain but let's also make him really silly," just makes no sense. I think many of us could handle Ben's turn to Chasm if it was done with the same level of consideration and thoughtfulness that was given to him back in the 90s. But we have rarely had even MOMENTS of sincere trauma under Wells' authorship. It's all just played for laughs, and to do so with a character that was never meant for that role is beyond confounding.

-Pav, who knows he's preaching to the choir...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details