Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

He looked like a Limp Biszkit fan there

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I just found a Ben Reilly flashback story from 2009 by JMD in an issue of Web of Spider-Man that I didn't know existed. It's about Ben's days on the road, and is about the time he was working as a janitor in a school in Portland, Oregon. It was pretty interesting, although the art makes Ben look kind of like a beatnik. Also, it outright shows that Janine is dead rather than in jail. Which is weird.
    Kaine had tricked Ben into thinking Janine was dead for a while according to Spider-Man: Redemption, so it fits.

But I was not a big fan of that story, and especially the weird early 2000s rap-rocker look for Ben and him being referred to as “Henry Jones.”

Much prefer the backup story that came out a few months later with him being an ESL teacher in Italy and falling in love with a Mafia heiress.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I just found a Ben Reilly flashback story from 2009 by JMD in an issue of Web of Spider-Man that I didn't know existed. It's about Ben's days on the road, and is about the time he was working as a janitor in a school in Portland, Oregon. It was pretty interesting, although the art makes Ben look kind of like a beatnik. Also, it outright shows that Janine is dead rather than in jail. Which is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I actually read this one not too long ago as well. It was alright. Not quite up to par with the other Ben Flashback stories but an interesting look at his darker days.
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Kaine had tricked Ben into thinking Janine was dead for a while according to Spider-Man: Redemption, so it fits.

But I was not a big fan of that story, and especially the weird early 2000s rap-rocker look for Ben and him being referred to as “Henry Jones.”

Much prefer the backup story that came out a few months later with him being an ESL teacher in Italy and falling in love with a Mafia heiress.
    Yeah, though more specifically, Kaine tricked Ben into thinking Janine killed herself and forced her to go along with it under penalty of doing even more to hurt Ben than he already had so far. As for the backup with Ben as an ESL teacher in Italy and falling in love with an Mafia heiress . . . definitely should look into that. Hell, I'd love to see a lot of those touchstones of Ben's life prior to his (first) death at the end of the Clone Saga revisited at some point, preferably after he's out of the Chasm, so to speak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Yeah, as some others have said, Ben believed Janine was dead for quite some time. He found out she wasn't while he was Spider-Man (during the Spider-Man: Redemption mini) and she ended up turning herself in at the end of that story. So Janine didn't go to jail until towards the end of his first run as Spidey and he believed her dead prior to that.

They've both been through a LOT.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

The Dark Web event happened what during the summer of 2023, so it has been nearly a half a year or more since they did anything of Chasm.

I read somewhere during NYCC 2023 they wanted see a Peter Parker without the responsibility, my thoughts was that not Kaine.

When Ben came back, I thought it was time for him to take over Spider-Man, we were not ready, IMO, back during the 90s. But thanks to the Spiderverse movies it can be done.

This also confused me just like Jackpot, if they wanted Jackpot to be next thing, why are they waiting for and wait many months later. With Ben they are doing the same thing, they have plans, but what are they waiting for(?).

Also if they really want a teenage Spider-Man, de-aged Spider-Man already, or have a clone teen version, or have the 1610 USM Peter come over to the 616 like Miles. Since they think why the 1610 was so popular.

I like Ben, he is what Peter left New York and find himself out in the world, his view points might be little bit different, and that is something new. But if course over at Marvel easier or lazy writing or repeated of same events is preferred.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

So has Janine been forgotten about or will she be in anything in 2024?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Certainly hope not... she's been one of the most interesting people from this Chasm stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Maybe she'll up in CHASM: Curse Of KAINE of which we know almost nothing about

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Well for one if rek-rap is the Spider-Man of limbo that means he's gonna be coming for him if chasm gets out

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    The Dark Web event happened what during the summer of 2023, so it has been nearly a half a year or more since they did anything of Chasm.

I read somewhere during NYCC 2023 they wanted see a Peter Parker without the responsibility, my thoughts was that not Kaine.

When Ben came back, I thought it was time for him to take over Spider-Man, we were not ready, IMO, back during the 90s. But thanks to the Spiderverse movies it can be done.

This also confused me just like Jackpot, if they wanted Jackpot to be next thing, why are they waiting for and wait many months later. With Ben they are doing the same thing, they have plans, but what are they waiting for(?).

Also if they really want a teenage Spider-Man, de-aged Spider-Man already, or have a clone teen version, or have the 1610 USM Peter come over to the 616 like Miles. Since they think why the 1610 was so popular.

I like Ben, he is what Peter left New York and find himself out in the world, his view points might be little bit different, and that is something new. But if course over at Marvel easier or lazy writing or repeated of same events is preferred.
    The only reason they don't de-age Spider-Man/Peter Parker outright is that would completely break the internal consistency of the shared universe in which he lives, or at least, that's the story I've heard. Otherwise, I don't see any lies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Hopefully it's just this (Art by @punchpolygons on Twitter):

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Hopefully it's just this (Art by @punchpolygons on Twitter):
    Kaine shaking Chasm for acting like a massive dope would be awesome.

Scarlet Spiders: Eternity of Evil, a new fanfic I found on Archive of Our Own today, centered on both Ben and Kaine following a hypothetical future in which One More Day (finally) got reversed and while Peter and Mary Jane got to have their happy ending with their daughter, the Spider-Clone Bros ended up stuck dealing with the darker aspects of the fallout from the deal with Mephisto being broken.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The only reason they don't de-age Spider-Man/Peter Parker outright is that would completely break the internal consistency of the shared universe in which he lives, or at least, that's the story I've heard. Otherwise, I don't see any lies here.
    Yeah sure, like making a deal with an evil entity to change two people lives won't change the universe, and also young Tony.

Yeah sure, like making a deal with an evil entity to change two people lives won't change the universe, and also young Tony.
    Young Tony was technically brought from the past to deal with his Kang-controlled adult self in the present, which was in retrospect All-New X-Men two decades before All-New X-Men was a thing. That said, I do see your point.

Dark Web happened in Winter of 2023 starting in December of 2022. So it’s been about a year since they did anything with Ben sans his short appearances in Dark X-Men.