Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Missed opportunity to add JACKAL and CHASM in the title dudes!

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't really feel that way overall. These are fictional characters and characters have been fixed from much worse than this. I remember evil murderous Tony Stark getting replaced by a teenage version, Hydra Cap, Punisher murdering litterers, Green Lantern killing trillions of people, Wally West killing his friends and mutilating their bodies to frame two innocent people, Jason Todd shooting a kid, etc. Ben's craziness was never his fault and something that was done TO him. All you have to do is give him his mind back and move on. People are sabotaging the character by blowing things out of proportion and refusing to accept even a hypothetical reformation of the character.

It's an easy fix and bound to happen eventually. And if nobody supports it, editorial will absolutely take the wrong lesson from that.
    That's why I specified "brand"

They can absolutely "fix" Ben. Reboot him, remake him, send him to a Reiki doctor. I hope they do and I hope it's an enjoyable experience for those who read it.

But in the same way as a company, service, product or artist loses me through repeated poor experiences, I'm off in the woods as far as Ben Reilly is concerned. Once you get the ick.

While I take your sentiment and empathise...I'm also not here to teach editorial any "lessons". Nobody has that responsibility outside of the company. And nobody is "sabotaging the character" either. That's not something to put on the audience's shoulders
    Last edited by boots; 01-22-2024 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spulling missteaks
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't really feel that way overall. These are fictional characters and characters have been fixed from much worse than this. I remember evil murderous Tony Stark getting replaced by a teenage version, Hydra Cap, Punisher murdering litterers, Green Lantern killing trillions of people, Wally West killing his friends and mutilating their bodies to frame two innocent people, Jason Todd shooting a kid, etc. Ben's craziness was never his fault and something that was done TO him. All you have to do is give him his mind back and move on. People are sabotaging the character by blowing things out of proportion and refusing to accept even a hypothetical reformation of the character.

It's an easy fix and bound to happen eventually. And if nobody supports it, editorial will absolutely take the wrong lesson from that.
    I'm in the same boat as you, hoping CHASM: Curse of Kaine starts to put Ben on the way to being a hero again. That's why I prefer him alive. Because dead could very well mean forgotten for non - A-listers

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you, hoping CHASM: Curse of Kaine starts to put Ben on the way to being a hero again. That's why I prefer him alive. Because dead could very well mean forgotten for non - A-listers
    Or it's used as a stealth Rek-Rap book to make Chasm a rek-rap villain because he escapes limbo and Kaine is just there

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Or it's used as a stealth Rek-Rap book to make Chasm a rek-rap villain because he escapes limbo and Kaine is just there
    Speaking of...Is there any hint on what the book will be about?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Speaking of...Is there any hint on what the book will be about?
    Well according to the last ASM letters page most were about rel rap and Lowe even brought up his dark web editor persona and that you don't need Peter Parker to have him in a book it's safe to say it's with chasm getting out of limbo so it's rek rap going after him and kaines along for the ride

Astonishing Member

Well according to the last ASM letters page most were about rel rap and Lowe even brought up his dark web editor persona and that you don't need Peter Parker to have him in a book it's safe to say it's with chasm getting out of limbo so it's rek rap going after him and kaines along for the ride
    I really really hope that you're wrong

Astonishing Member

It looks like we dodged a bullet with the art in the Chasm event / mini
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/17...rV0g7P0zg&s=19

I really really hope that you're wrong

Please, dear god, no.
    I don't even hate Rek-Rap that much still, but holy **** if they did that that I would outright refuse to pick the book up. Give him his own damn mini if you want to make one.

THANK GOD

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So Greg Land will be too busy on Thor . . . considering this will be at least the second time an evil corporate conglomerate has attempted to take ownership of a superhero, think Roxxon will fare any better with Thor than Beyond Corporation did with Spider-Man?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So Greg Land will be too busy on Thor . . . considering this will be at least the second time an evil corporate conglomerate has attempted to take ownership of a superhero, think Roxxon will fare any better with Thor than Beyond Corporation did with Spider-Man?
    Well, to be fair, Beyond Corporation didn't own Marvel Comics (the source of all stories) whereas Roxxon now does. So...I'd say that they have better odds.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Well, to be fair, Beyond Corporation didn't own Marvel Comics (the source of all stories) whereas Roxxon now does. So...I'd say that they have better odds.
    Well, damn. The in-universe Marvel Comics, or the actual Marvel Comics?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, damn. The in-universe Marvel Comics, or the actual Marvel Comics?
    I am not sure...all I know is that Dario Agger bought out Marvel Comics and that doing so gives him full control over the stories of the Marvel Universe.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I am not sure...all I know is that Dario Agger bought out Marvel Comics and that doing so gives him full control over the stories of the Marvel Universe.
    That sounds frightening. Very frightening.

why does this artist get so much hate in the community?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy