Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

FKsU5BwWUAgZBh7.jpg

Happy Birthday Dana Delaney

https://careers.wbd.com/global/en/bl...-editorinchief
    Q: Who is your favorite female superhero within the DC universe and in the real world?

A: Daily Planet Editor-in-Chief Lois Lane is my favorite woman in DC lore…because her superpowers are skilled writing, wits, and competence—less common than one might think! Much as my favorite real-world women are all writer-adventurers such as journalist Martha Gellhorn, travel writer Dervla Murphy, and great explorers Freya Stark and Gertrude Bell. I’ve visited over 100 countries, written nine books, and been around the world twice on public transportation, and these women’s achievements blazed a trail for me to follow.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Happy Birthday to one of the best Lois voices !
    One female EIC to another .

GKauRqwW4AAnzyT.jpg

Action Comics 1064

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    GKauRqwW4AAnzyT.jpg

Action Comics 1064
    Casual chic Lois at her finest .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Pablo Villalobos

IMG_2692.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Pablo Villalobos

IMG_2692.jpg
    Rainbow Rowell makes DC debut with ‘Action Comics’ #1067 story
    DC Comics has revealed Rainbow Rowell and Cian Tormey are teaming up for a Lois Lane backup story running in Action Comics #1067-1069. Paired with Gail Simone and Eddy Barrows’ main story, the first issue will debut in comic shops in July.
    “As a former newspaper reporter, I’ve always had a soft spot for Daily Planet stories,” shared Rowell. “I love that Clark Kent is Superman and also a working journalist—and that it isn’t just dusty backstory. It’s a real facet of his character. I love that Clark met Lois in the newsroom, and that they still work there together. (This is so realistic, I swear.) I really like it when comic book romances last…There’s a lot of story to tell after two people say yes to each other. So—even though I was a little nervous about diving into the DC Universe—I couldn’t resist the chance to write a love story that is also a newsroom story, and still a superhero story.”

“The story that Rainbow and I are telling is about Lois finding her strength, with Clark supporting her as she becomes stronger in her convictions,” added Tormey. “He sees her finding her courage in a new role, her sense of responsibility for everyone—a gentle reminder for Clark of how far he has come, and how far all of us who are not blessed with superpowers can go when faced with adversity.”

“I’ve just seen the first of Cian Tormey’s pages, and I think people are going to adore his take on Lois and Clark,” continued Rowell. “Cian’s work has a timeless quality that’s perfect for this relationship.”

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

A Lois backup… very cool. I like how Rowell was previously a reporter too. These Simone issues are sounding pretty great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog