Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    It's on Marvel's Instagram story
    I swear I'm pretty adept but I cannot figure out how to vote. So I'm not as adept as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    I swear I'm pretty adept but I cannot figure out how to vote. So I'm not as adept as I thought.
    Haha so I wasn't the only one. Turns out you can only do it from the app and not from the web. Really odd
    But it's over now anyway.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Haha so I wasn't the only one. Turns out you can only do it from the app and not from the web. Really odd
    But it's over now anyway.
    Wow thx. So Wanda took that battle?

We don't know. The time of the story ran out and that was that. They will probably post Round 2 in the next few days. The last time I looked at it Wanda was still in the lead though.

Our girl got really set up though. First round Wolverine. Next round would be Spider-Man. I kinda doubt we are winning that but who knows

I must say it's pretty exciting to see how the writers are building up the lore surrounding Wanda and chaos magic. We are now at a point where we can piece multiple things together and figure out how it all fits in. So here we go.

First up X-Men: Trial of Magneto #5

Here is everything written down just to make it easier to read:

Doctor Strange - Sorcerer Supreme in this dimension - once believed chaos magic didn't exist. He thought the unpracticed, haphazard nature of chaos magic made it anathema to sorcerers in light of "true" magical disciplines.
    He has since rectified his understanding. He knows better now - knows that it is actually the oldest form of magic. That it was the first. The earliest primordial glint of cosmic understanding and happenstance.
    The improbable, impossible spark of life flaring up - that was chaos magic. Chaos magic is neither purely constructive nor destructive - it's not limited by good or evil.
    It's the possibility of both, neither and everything in between. A die you cast. A balanced wheel moving between life and death.
    Last edited by Galerion; 03-25-2024 at 12:07 PM.

Next up is the Fantastic Four Annual #1

And lastly Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #2

Now with this all in mind it's speculation time about why the Griever has her sights set on Wanda and Pietro.

So the Grievers thing is that she says the universe will go boom eventually and she will well grieve it. What's interesting is that the current Marvel cosmology is built on order. It's a rigid system that doesn't really have room for change. You have certain entities and they all have a very specific purpose to fulfill and the collapse of this system is what the Griever is relying on. The grand design she is speaking of. And what's the opposite of order? Chaos of course.
    Chaos by it's very definition is ever changing. New things pop up, already existing things change or vanish again. There is no system that could collapse because there is no system to begin with.
    That's what the Griever refers to as freedom and as breaking space-time because from her perspective that is obviously the case. Her very existence would be invalidated by it.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I must say it's pretty exciting to see how the writers are building up the lore surrounding Wanda and chaos magic. We are now at a point where we can piece multiple things together and figure out how it all fits in. So here we go.

Doctor Strange - Sorcerer Supreme in this dimension - once believed chaos magic didn't exist. He thought the unpracticed, haphazard nature of chaos magic made it anathema to sorcerers in light of "true" magical disciplines.
    He has since rectified his understanding. He knows better now - knows that it is actually the oldest form of magic. That it was the first. The earliest primordial glint of cosmic understanding and happenstance.
    The improbable, impossible spark of life flaring up - that was chaos magic. Chaos magic is neither purely constructive nor destructive - it's not limited by good or evil.
    It's the possibility of both, neither and everything in between. A die you cast. A balanced wheel moving between life and death.
    I love this. I love seeing Wanda’s place in pantheon of magic users elevated to the levels she deserves.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

You are looking way too much into that. It's not that deep.

You personally might know the specific storyline but most people don't and they never will. Neither the Marvel side nor the side of the people who are buying it. It's simply a picture of the Scarlet Witch at the end of the day which is exactly what both sides want.
    I think the official channels releasing official merch should definitely know. It goes through so many people.

It's also not really the Scarlet Witch, lol. It's just a character posing as her. And some might like it more if they know it's actually Loki.

It's not too much to ask that the actual company know their characters.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-25-2024 at 04:35 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Round 2 is online.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ma...h6ZzQzbTF0dDdy

But as expected the Spider-Man fans out in full force.

This is awesome!! Thanks. These parts and Wanda's being put through learning about her existence in the realm between, were what made me love ToM despite some of it's uneven areas. So much of it was beautifully done in the areas that related to Wanda alone.

Round 2 is online.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ma...h6ZzQzbTF0dDdy

But as expected the Spider-Man fans out in full force.
    Yeppers. Drat - wish Wanda would take this one.

Wanda may be in a new cross platform Overwatch style game made by Netease. Hopefully this one is available in more parts of the world. Netease has liked to restrict things.

Rumored list:

Characters: Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Luna Snow, Punisher, Rocket, Groot, Loki, Spider-man, Hulk, Magik, Magneto, Mantis, Storm, Peni Parker, Black Panther, Star Lord, Namor, Thor And all this is subject to change.

It's official reveal is tomorrow at 8am PDT

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I love this. I love seeing Wanda’s place in pantheon of magic users elevated to the levels she deserves.
    This is awesome!! Thanks. These parts and Wanda's being put through learning about her existence in the realm between, were what made me love ToM despite some of it's uneven areas. So much of it was beautifully done in the areas that related to Wanda alone.
    Damn right and Im excited about how it will all continue.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda may be in a new cross platform Overwatch style game made by Netease. Hopefully this one is available in more parts of the world. Netease has liked to restrict things.

Rumored list:

Characters: Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Luna Snow, Punisher, Rocket, Groot, Loki, Spider-man, Hulk, Magik, Magneto, Mantis, Storm, Peni Parker, Black Panther, Star Lord, Namor, Thor And all this is subject to change.

It's official reveal is tomorrow at 8am PDT
    Saw this on my feed too and Im certainly curious. I like the description of it but I would need to see more of it to make up my mind about it. Looking over their resume, Naraka: Bladepoint was the only game I ever played from Netease. I really liked that game to be fair with it being a fresh and unique take on the Battle Royal genre so maybe they can do the same here.

Preview of Wanda in the game's selection menu:

Image of the rest of the roster (except for Thor apparently).
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-26-2024 at 07:30 PM.