Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I wonder who is talking to her. Another Chaos Magic user?
    A primordial entity associated with chaos magic?
    That’s what Agatha told Wanda in WandaVision.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    That’s what Agatha told Wanda in WandaVision.
    Lol, almost forgot their exchange.
    I thought it's going to be some lines from a new interaction in the upcoming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah that's my problem with it. Is it's usually all about Magneto. And in the case of Wanda, she didn't have much to do with him, so it didn't really change anything. Him being the father was the retcon that felt tacked on.
    I have developed my own head canon that to me, actually works.

Although High Ev guy 'created' Pietro and Wanda

his goal was to recreate 'mutants' on his own.

They are artificially created "mutants".
    Since Magneto High Ev and many others were in the proximity of Wundragore mountain, and I think interacted.

High EV has / had a genetic/DNA sample of Magneto to work with.

Magneto is not their father in the traditional sense, per the "inversion" spell

but he is the genetics of their creation at least in part.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Since Magneto High Ev and many others were in the proximity of Wundragore mountain, and I think interacted.

As I never, ever understand the Inhuman Genes don't work with Factor X gene

the artificial mutants explains why / or could

it worked; Pietro fathered a child of an Inhuman.
    Maybe being an artifiical mutant is what made Reed's esplanation of Luna's birth 'off' by some regards. No one knew they were artificially creatred to be mutants.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I always wanted Wanda to meet Nocturne, her alternate universe daughter with Nightcrawler. I feel like there could've been some really interesting discussions and developments from that.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I always wanted Wanda to meet Nocturne, her alternate universe daughter with Nightcrawler. I feel like there could've been some really interesting discussions and developments from that.
    Nocturne was a cool character.
    ~ Oberon ~

As I never, ever understand the Inhuman Genes don't work with Factor X gene

the artificial mutants explains why / or could

it worked; Pietro fathered a child of an Inhuman.
    Maybe being an artifiical mutant is what made Reed's esplanation of Luna's birth 'off' by some regards. No one knew they were artificially creatred to be mutants.
    Except it does as shown with Kamala Khan

Especially as we never even knew much about her version of Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I for one, would like Kya and Magni to join a team of Exiles, or something in a similar vein.
    It's interesting to me that Kya kinda has a similar upbringing like Wanda, unknown and absent biological father, tragically deceased mother, and raised by her uncle who is actually her father figure(post-Natalya retcon, Django is both Wanda's uncle and adoptive father, just like Pietro is both Kya's uncle and adoptive father.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She just needs to be portrayed as more professional to be honest.
    Like she should just call Magneto Erik, he is no longer a monster in her eyes, but he is also, well not her dad if we are to be honest.
    Wanda can have empathy for Erik's tragic past and support his reform, but I don't think she should act as his family because that's frankly not how it works? I guess she can still be a friend as an adult, but the editorial will constantly mentally deage her for a second childhood so Magneto can have a part in it for lost time's sake, I guess?
    I like this. Having empathy and compassion for his past and respecting that he has actually turned himself around. I mean if Storm went after him and helped bring him back that's a big deal. She can be professional and even say "Hey I really think you've moved past who you were and become someone with integrity" but the little girl type thing I think was probably done to soften the hearts of the Xfans who didn't like her and help move her past HoM. I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I have said it before and I'll say it again, the no longer mutant retcon doesn't make an ounce of sense. Just because Magneto isn't their dad anymore, that automatically makes them no longer mutants. How does that even work?
    Definitely agree. Wanda has been identified as a mutant and captured more than once by Sentinels. Hank Pym tested her abilities in WCA and still identified her as a mutant. That Which Endures captured her and primordial oozed her for her mutanthood and abilities and recognized her as a mutant on a genetic level. So on and so forth and beyond. I so dislike all that continuity being ignored that is basically indisputable. It's annoying as hell.

Magneto doesn't have to be their dad necessarily but the no longer a mutant makes no sense to me. NOW if she was homo supreme, and one step up from the mutant homo superior, I'd be very happy and that could be an acceptable alternative that explains everything. I'd also be okay with Magneto being their dad but Wanda and Pietro being one step up - homo supreme. Hahaha that'd def set them a step beyond him.

Seriously though, I'm not super pro or con Magneto if they can use the relationship in a way the benefits all four characters and promotes healthy growth and development. But omg, it's having to find a writer who isn't a hack and can write it in a realistic and forward moving way without succumbing to the fetish for the dramatic tropes that are just comic soap opera garbage. It seems undoable cuz they all revert to that cheap and easy dramatic crap
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 04-09-2024 at 10:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Edit: what was the extent of Magneto's involvement in the Darker Than Scarlet story, and what point in time did this happen in relation to his "redemption" by Claremont?
    His role in the story is a bit confusing to me because it was partly a tie-in with the "Acts of Vengeance" crossover and I don't remember much about what he did there, except a famous scene where he meets the Nazi Red Skull and his Holocaust-survivor backstory is played up. Other than that I don't fully know what he was up to in the period between the New Mutants and his return to the pages of X-Men.

But John Byrne was one of the old-school X-Men fans who didn't like what Claremont did with Magneto, yet he had to sort of follow the continuity, so Magneto acts like his '60s self but is much calmer and not as evil. At one point in Byrne's last issue Dark Wanda yells at her father to kill the captured Avengers and he says no, "the days when Magneto might have slain a helpless foe are behind us." So in that story the roles are almost reversed, with Wanda (under Immortus's influence) as the batshit crazy one and Magneto as the villain with some kind of conscience.

It's a messy story all around.

Pietro probably needs that. I don't see where Wanda does though, since her powers come from Chthon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I have said it before and I'll say it again, the no longer mutant retcon doesn't make an ounce of sense. Just because Magneto isn't their dad anymore, that automatically makes them no longer mutants. How does that even work?
    Yeah its mutant erasure cause they aren't mutants in the MCU.

The MCU backstory is exposure to an Infinity Gem gave them there powers. Though Wandavision adds that the gem enhanced Wanda's latent fading witch powers while Quicksilver's is implied to be due to Wanda subconsciously affecting the stone to give him powers too.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    His role in the story is a bit confusing to me because it was partly a tie-in with the "Acts of Vengeance" crossover and I don't remember much about what he did there, except a famous scene where he meets the Nazi Red Skull and his Holocaust-survivor backstory is played up. Other than that I don't fully know what he was up to in the period between the New Mutants and his return to the pages of X-Men.

But John Byrne was one of the old-school X-Men fans who didn't like what Claremont did with Magneto, yet he had to sort of follow the continuity, so Magneto acts like his '60s self but is much calmer and not as evil. At one point in Byrne's last issue Dark Wanda yells at her father to kill the captured Avengers and he says no, "the days when Magneto might have slain a helpless foe are behind us." So in that story the roles are almost reversed, with Wanda (under Immortus's influence) as the batshit crazy one and Magneto as the villain with some kind of conscience.

It's a messy story all around.
    The story is depressing and dark and actually really horrible in many ways. Bryne didn't like Wanda and Vision being married and disliked the twins even more. He said it in an interview and then he wrote this horrible story which gave Bendis his excuse to re-pander to it and write the cop out story of HoM despite Wanda's having been previously depicted as coping with and moving on from the loss of her twins.

Bryne left DarkerThan Scarlet early because editorial wouldn't let him depict a grossly sexual scene where Wanda basically abuses Simon with an audience of Avengers. Actually he did write and draw it but editorial caught it and changed it last minute without telling him as it was headed immediately to print. Then he had his temper fit and quit without finishing.

This is verified by Kurt Busiek, Len Kaminski and Howard Mackie. Kurt was actually there the day it was supposed to go to press and said Len caught it and said "WTF am I seeing?" Went to Mackie and it got edited. Kurt posted about it on Twitter. It sucks because so much of his work with Wanda previously was so good. Totally and irreversibility changed my opinion of him. If he had done his intended story minus the offensive scene then the whole course and trajectory might have been different, but he just had to be misogynistic and include it.

http://www.kleefeldoncomics.com/2020...ca-56.html?m=1
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 04-10-2024 at 03:48 AM.