Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I really liked the first issue of SW&QS. The dynamic between the twins was as well written as I've seen it in a long time.
    The dynamic between the twins are pure fire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    You are correct that Pietro convinced a mentally fragile (at the time, due to her breakdown from Disassembled) Wanda to change the world as a way to save her. I could be wrong, but I think Wanda's POV has some merit in that nobody knew that the change to create the HoM world was due to Pietro's influence until the reveal. That was part of the reason Magneto killed Pietro out of anger, to which Wanda brought him back to life, then in turn brought the House of M down in her rage towards Magneto for what he did to Pietro. Pietro never owned up to his role publicly in influencing a then mentally unstable Wanda to change the world. He was more than happy to let Wanda take full responsibility (blame) for everything after the House of M reality came to an end. Pietro allowed Wanda to take full ownership of what happened. I believe that is one example of Wanda's selfishness accusation. He doesn't own up to his role in matters when stuff hits the fan. Remember when he killed an Inhuman while stealing the Terrigen crystals and used the crystals on his daughter, Luna because he didn't want her to be human. IIRC, Luna for a long time was the only person who knew what Pietro did. Wouldn't surprise me that Wanda now knows about that. Finally, I remember something about Pietro being more than happy to let everyone think it was a Skrull of him that did those bad things with the Terrigen crystals - that he was replaced by a Skrull. If I remember correctly again, didn't one of the youngsters being trained on Hank Pym's Avengers compound learned of his dark secret? Can't remember which one. Those are 3 examples I can give of Pietro's selfishness where he thinks primarily of himself with no accountability for what he's done. There's probably more, but I am sure you get the idea.

Hope that brings some clarity to all of this. I absolutely loved Q & SW # 1. I can't stop re-reading it. All the things I find missing in much of today's comics are returned with a fresh, organic approach. Wanda & Quicksilver as characters has always been Marvel gold IMO, whether apart or together. Yet together, they can really bring the heat... even when it's with each other!
    I'd buy it if it were phrased that way, because he did let her take the full heat for everything. But it's wording makes it seem like he goaded her into the HoM world to manipulate her to get what he wants. She never once mentioned how he left her on the hook for all of the responsibility for the creation of HoM. She just ends it with telling him that she'll never tell him what's in the letter and to just accept it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd buy it if it were phrased that way, because he did let her take the full heat for everything. But it's wording makes it seem like he goaded her into the HoM world to manipulate her to get what he wants. She never once mentioned how he left her on the hook for all of the responsibility for the creation of HoM. She just ends it with telling him that she'll never tell him what's in the letter and to just accept it.
    I've got to check my trade book of James Robinson's writing of the Scarlet Witch series of a few years ago. I'm for some reason remembering her saying to Pietro in the Civil War tie-in issue, that he did leave her to take all the blame for House of M. I'll have to check later this morning to see if my memory is correct. Yet, I can see now how one might interpret that scene in Q & SW # 1 the way you did.

Extraordinary Member

I am more annoyed by the fact they still feel the need to milk the HoM drama yet again.
    Really shows you how little there is to build off.
    At this point mind-wiping would be considered a healthy life choice for everyone involved, seriously.
    I am just kinda really alerted over this kind of foundation to build story off.

Darcy surprisingly grew on me a lot for simply being a very patient listener lol.
    Also Wanda's weakness unironically being amnesia is lowkey hilarious.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-19-2024 at 08:04 AM.

I've got to check my trade book of James Robinson's writing of the Scarlet Witch series of a few years ago. I'm for some reason remembering her saying to Pietro in the Civil War tie-in issue, that he did leave her to take all the blame for House of M. I'll have to check later this morning to see if my memory is correct. Yet, I can see now how one might interpret that scene in Q & SW # 1 the way you did.
    Yeah, she basically says that she's still dealing with stuff he encouraged her to do, with Pietro basically deflects back on her being insane.

Yes, it's ssue #9 of the James Robinson series. She tells him quite directly that he encouraged her with HoM and that she was the one who paid the price. Pietro then retorts saying oh what, it's his fault now?
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 02-19-2024 at 03:07 PM.

Yeah she did bring it up before, in that run. This issue though brings up only his selfishness of creating the universe and not really that it was to save the X-Men from killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am more annoyed by the fact they still feel the need to milk the HoM drama yet again.
    Really shows you how little there is to build off.
    At this point mind-wiping would be considered a healthy life choice for everyone involved, seriously.
    I am just kinda really alerted over this kind of foundation to build story off.

Darcy surprisingly grew on me a lot for simply being a very patient listener lol.
    Also Wanda's weakness unironically being amnesia is lowkey hilarious.
    There is that, too. It feels like it's still an anchor around Wanda's ankle.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like everytine they bring up HoM they hyperfixated on Wanda/Pietro/Magneto and forgot what an absolute mess it was, Avengers handed Wanda over to Magneto because... fathet knows best I guess and X-Men are like "murder her for our clean PR!", not to mention the group amnesia that lead to AD in the first place.

Yeah she did bring it up before, in that run. This issue though brings up only his selfishness of creating the universe and not really that it was to save the X-Men from killing her.
    You are absolutely correct on that point. They did not bring up Pietro's initial motive for House of M, which was to save Wanda from being killed by the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I feel like everytine they bring up HoM they hyperfixated on Wanda/Pietro/Magneto and forgot what an absolute mess it was, Avengers handed Wanda over to Magneto because... fathet knows best I guess and X-Men are like "murder her for our clean PR!", not to mention the group amnesia that lead to AD in the first place.
    Yep we know all her canon from before didn't line up with the event. Marvel just can't let it go though. Maybe the family needs enough new material to let it go. Will be nice if this series could do just that for Wanda and Pietro.

The return of her solo was announced:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=330573476

It starts the month of my birthday!! What a great b-day present!

I love the new logo

The new artist posted this a while ago:

https://twitter.com/jacopo_camagni/s...0660566532261/

It starts the month of my birthday!! What a great b-day present!
    Same for me.