Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I have enjoyed the issue immensely as have most others from what I have gathered and it's not hard to see why. It's choke full with the good stuff.

There is bit of experimentation with Pietros powers, Speed and Vision show up, some more lore about Wandas power and how it affects the cosmology and how Pietro fits into that.
    "She is the power. He is the catalyst." A great line that contextualizes their relationship. Even in this issue she unleashes the primeval power of chaos once she learns that Pietro is in danger too.

It's Griever at the End of All Things. Her outline was already teased in the first issue and the headpiece is a dead giveaway.
    But the latest Timeless one-shot even flat out revealed it.

Ahh! I completely missed that. I was on a mental health sabbatical at the time.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ahh! I completely missed that. I was on a mental health sabbatical at the time.
    It's all good and I really hope you are feeling better now

I have to give credit to Orlando though. Even if you don't know about the Timeless thing, the hints that he has sprinkled in so far have been subtle but if you are somewhat familiar with the character then you would recognize her by the way Wanda described her energy signature on Magnetos box and by her speech with the Wizard.

Talking about that speech in particular. I might make a small speculation post on the weekend here about why the Griever is so concerned about Wandas power.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I'm surprised at how close the votes are for these two. Storm v Iron Man have 20 - 80% votes, She-Hulk v Captain America (Sam) have 24 - 76% and Jean Grey v Captain Marvel have 36 - 64%.

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post

I'm surprised at how close the votes are for these two. Storm v Iron Man have 20 - 80% votes, She-Hulk v Captain America (Sam) have 24 - 76% and Jean Grey v Captain Marvel have 36 - 64%.
    Is there a link to vote?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Is there a link to vote?
    It's on Marvel's Instagram story

SCARLET WITCH #1
    STEVE ORLANDO (W) • JACOPO CAMAGNI (A) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (C)
    VARIANT COVER by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    VARIANT COVER by JENNY FRISON
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER by JENNY FRISON
    BIG MARVEL VARIANT COVER by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    PRIDE ALLIES VARIANT COVER by DAVI GO
    VARIANT COVER by TRAN NGUYEN
    BIG MARVEL VARIANT COVER by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    BIG MARVEL SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    FOIL VARIANT COVER by P. CRAIG RUSSELL
    STEVE ORLANDO’S SCARLET WITCH RUN REIGNITES!
    The Scarlet Witch has carved out a haven for herself in upstate New York, but it’s all about to go up in flames. Wanda’s newfound peace has drawn the wrath of a primal force unlike anything she’s ever faced before, and it won’t stop until it razes Wanda’s world to the ground. It’s a clash of titans as Wanda and her allies fight for all she holds dear!
    What happens when an unstoppable force meets the end of all things? When pure chaos meets pure destruction? Wanda’s about to find out – if she survives long enough.
    Jacopo Camagni (X-MEN: RED, Nomen Omen) joins writer Steve Orlando for an explosive new chapter of Scarlet Witch’s story!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99
    RETAILERS/CONSUMERS: PLEASE INQUIRE REGARDING FOIL PRICING.

Scarlet Witch will follow the trend set already by a few other books. 5.99 for the first issue and the rest will be very likely be 4.99. Im personally not bothered by it but I know there are people out there who are about this kind of stuff.

Hopefully Orlando will leave Wanda's shop alone. Already getting tired of it being destroyed constantly

Is that second cover by Sway?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post

It's disturbing to me how Marvel doesn't even realize that isn't a picture of Wanda and keeps using it. It's really Loki in Sif's body posing as Wanda from Mighty Avengers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Is that second cover by Sway?
    It's by Tran Nguyen

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's disturbing to me how Marvel doesn't even realize that isn't a picture of Wanda and keeps using it. It's really Loki in Sif's body posing as Wanda from Mighty Avengers.
    Like Marvel ever do research

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Hopefully Orlando will leave Wanda's shop alone. Already getting tired of it being destroyed constantly
    I can see what you mean but it doesn't really bother me much. It was made clear right from the beginning that destroying Wandas shop is kinda meaningless. She can just magic it back.
    If it would be mined for cheap drama a la "Oh no. The shop got burned. What shall I do?" then I would definitely agree but they have stayed away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I can see what you mean but it doesn't really bother me much. It was made clear right from the beginning that destroying Wandas shop is kinda meaningless. She can just magic it back.
    If it would be mined for cheap drama a la "Oh no. The shop got burned. What shall I do?" then I would definitely agree but they have stayed away from that.
    Still, showing Wanda's shop being destroyed as a cliffhanger is cheap. Also why keep destroying her livelyhood?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Like Marvel ever do research
    Their marketing team definitely doesn't. They had shirts of Loki as the Scarlet Witch in Hot Topic, but had it as Wanda, lol. I'm thinking, there has to be many people that look this over to approve this stuff, right?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Their marketing team definitely doesn't. They had shirts of Loki as the Scarlet Witch in Hot Topic, but had it as Wanda, lol. I'm thinking, there has to be many people that look this over to approve this stuff, right?
    You are looking way too much into that. It's not that deep.

You personally might know the specific storyline but most people don't and they never will. Neither the Marvel side nor the side of the people who are buying it. It's simply a picture of the Scarlet Witch at the end of the day which is exactly what both sides want.