Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Looks like a modified version of WV costume(but with a cape??? Or just large shoulder pads)
    Interesting choice for earrings.
    The fist icon means DPS/Offensive class I guess?
    Look forward to check out the gameplay, and the in-game model.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-26-2024 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Looks like a modified version of WV costume(but with a cape??? Or just large shoulder pads)
    Interesting choice for earrings.
    The fist icon means DPS/Offensive class I guess?
    Look forward to check out the gameplay, and the in-game model.
    Yeah she's DPS. For some reason Rocket is a healer, but Groot is not, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Preview of Wanda in the game's selection menu:

Image of the rest of the roster (except for Thor apparently).
    Another picture

Really glad she is a DPS too. My prefered way of playing.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Here is the vid, Wanda appears near the end. I'll be trying this out!

It's Scottie Young's 10 year anniversary. It's being celebrated with a poster that includes Wanda on it.

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to regret talking about this, but seeing this new cover for an Avengers reprint reminds me why I'm still worried by the new color guides for Wanda's skin tone. It's more obvious here than usual but even in the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver mini it seems clear they're coloring Pietro more traditionally while retroactively making Wanda a PoC. At the very least they should look the same, but the "whitewashing" complaints for various reasons have mostly been about Wanda.

I get nervous that at some point the "whitewashing" discourse around MCU Wanda is going to blow up and make it harder for the MCU version to get fixed, which in turn will make it harder for the comic version, because "WandaVision" is the only reason she's gotten so many appearances in the last couple of years after being mostly neglected since her 2015 solo (which also only exists because of the MCU). I find it funny that Marvel is currently trying to appeal to both WV fans and people who think the MCU version is a Nazi.

Sigh. I'm sorry, I should be enjoying her run while it lasts and instead I'm just worried about her getting canceled (literally and figuratively).

Last edited by gurkle; 03-27-2024 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm going to regret talking about this, but seeing this new cover for an Avengers reprint reminds me why I'm still worried by the new color guides for Wanda's skin tone. It's more obvious here than usual but even in the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver mini it seems clear they're coloring Pietro more traditionally while retroactively making Wanda a PoC. At the very least they should look the same, but the "whitewashing" complaints for various reasons have mostly been about Wanda.

I get nervous that at some point the "whitewashing" discourse around MCU Wanda is going to blow up and make it harder for the MCU version to get fixed, which in turn will make it harder for the comic version, because "WandaVision" is the only reason she's gotten so many appearances in the last couple of years after being mostly neglected since her 2015 solo (which also only exists because of the MCU). I find it funny that Marvel is currently trying to appeal to both WV fans and people who think the MCU version is a Nazi.

Sigh. I'm sorry, I should be enjoying her run while it lasts and instead I'm just worried about her getting canceled (literally and figuratively).

She's not gonna be cancelled because she's slightly darker, and yes Pietro should be as well.

I'm also not seeing the lack of Pietro should be darker stuff. People have talked about it.

https://twitter.com/EndlessDidi/stat...08631486595394

https://twitter.com/search?q=pietro%...rc=typed_query
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-27-2024 at 04:50 PM.

Here is the vid, Wanda appears near the end. I'll be trying this out!

Same. The similarity to Overwatch is pretty obvious but it doesn't really bother me. The Marvel IP is actually perfect for this type of game so it's funny it took this long.
    Obviously no gameplay of Wanda yet but what was shown made me excited already.

The last image makes me think she will play somewhat like Pharah. A flyer with AOE damage attacks but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Same. The similarity to Overwatch is pretty obvious but it doesn't really bother me. The Marvel IP is actually perfect for this type of game so it's funny it took this long.
    Obviously no gameplay of Wanda yet but what was shown made me excited already.

The last image makes me think she will play somewhat like Pharah. A flyer with AOE damage attacks but we will see.
    Yes, and I believe the Netease team worked on the Chinese version of Overwatch as well.

Extraordinary Member

She's not gonna be cancelled because she's slightly darker
    Well, you're probably right. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness may have convinced me that the worst-case scenario always happens with Wanda (and a lot of weird things do happen with her thanks to having some of the most convoluted origins in comics).

I think there has been talk about Pietro, just not as much, since Wanda is the more popular character and the MCU version only appeared once. Plus Dauterman probably prepared a more detailed set of guidelines for Wanda than Pietro because it's her series. That would explain why colorists are more consistent with her.

Also credit to this poster for putting it together

https://twitter.com/lizzieonfilm/sta...96245335748642

It's cool to see how details like that become part of the character.

Well, you're probably right. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness may have convinced me that the worst-case scenario always happens with Wanda (and a lot of weird things do happen with her thanks to having some of the most convoluted origins in comics).

I think there has been talk about Pietro, just not as much, since Wanda is the more popular character and the MCU version only appeared once. Plus Dauterman probably prepared a more detailed set of guidelines for Wanda than Pietro because it's her series. That would explain why colorists are more consistent with her.
    I think Wanda's worst years are behind her. Pietro was also killed off in the MCU immediately. He had zero chance of becoming more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Also credit to this poster for putting it together

https://twitter.com/lizzieonfilm/sta...96245335748642

It's cool to see how details like that become part of the character.

Which is the best gesture look for summoning an orb.

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind the coloring but it's kinda funny that a lot of folks' only comment on Wanda's art design is her skin tone.(Some also bring up eye and hair color, and I am fondly reminded of the hair/eye color inconsistency talk here when we were bored lol.)
    And while some Twitter accounts can be incredibly annoying, Wanda's popularity is barely affected by them at the end of the day, everytime she tanks, it's usually some creator/writer's funny idea and perception of her character, not exactly her art design.

If anything, not finding reason to talk about and cancel a character is due to the lack of farmable engagement, which is why Pietro got talked about less.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-27-2024 at 08:42 PM.