Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    Extraordinary Member

On the topic of Blood Hunt.
    I will just go forward and express my very arbitrary distaste for vampires, they always feel so lame as fantasy creatures. Hopefully Wanda and Avengers get them good in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean reconciling all the parentage could be messy, like that would require them to be simutaneously passable as the children of four different couples.

But yeah I agree Wanda's artistic portrayal is kinda "performative" so to speak, as in it's always kinda just lips service.
    But again, pretense is kinda just the normal part of every fandom, and honestly it's not even harmful unlike some actual story elements being incorprated because some fans supposedly desperately want them for their fanfic brain I guess.
    Yeah I chock some stuff up to just being retcons. Because earlier the twins don't recall their childhood much to know even who their parents are, and then later they have some memories. Comics get messy because they are serial writing. A different writer and/or editor is gonna have a different take.

That's why I said, no more retcons to their origins. Pick something, stick to it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    On the topic of Blood Hunt.
    I will just go forward and express my very arbitrary distaste for vampires, they always feel so lame as fantasy creatures. Hopefully Wanda and Avengers get them good in the end.
    I'm on the opposite and love vampires, I hope this is good. Btw, there is a free issue of Blood Hunt being given out during FCBD which is in just three days.

Amazing Member

I really enjoyed Blood Hunt number one. Look forward to what the Avengers do in later issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    From Blood Hunt

Im digging Larraz's Wanda
    Also acknowledging Wanda is fused with the Darkhold and wouldn't go along with committing genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. But as I recall it was Jeremy Renner who kept repeating it with Ruffalo.

Also I think the panel that refers to Wanda as "darker" is from the Uncanny Origins issue which says the light-haired, light-skinned Pietro is not as accepted by the Roma as "his darker sister." In context that's almost certainly referring to Wanda's darker hair, since the two were never said to have different skin tones and it doesn't even make sense that they would.
    It's a reference to hair color. I've seen lots of examples from films where someone is referred to as dark or being darker when they have pale white skin but the reference is to their hair being dark. Like the term "tall, dark, and handsome" is usually a reference to dark hair rather than skin, at least in the classical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This has probably been posted here already but since Wanda is confirmed to be one of Angel's exes, that means that First Class is canon and Jean and Wanda are indeed friends.

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    These two still look fantastic together.

Last edited by juan678; Today at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I liked Wanda and Vision's moments in Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver. It got me thinking, maybe this could work again. As long as they don't mess it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    In response to the controversy in how they handled Wanda, Marvel said that she was always mentally unstable in the comics and that they were being comic accurate. Elizabeth Olsen, because of her contract with Marvel, couldn't take other roles.
    After hearing this, I can see why so many Wanda fans have given up on the MCU entirely.

Even in video games, they can't get a happy ending lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I liked Wanda and Vision's moments in Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver. It got me thinking, maybe this could work again. As long as they don't mess it up again.
    They're positively sizzling together in what few scenes they get together in Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

They are kinda overusing the "magic immunity" trope with Wanda's opponents. I just want her yo chug a
    boulder at her supposedly immune opponents and say "parry this" lol. Like Modred shredded SwitchBlade's flesh anf bones with glass shards using wind magic, that doesn't count as a move that can be absorbed by Atum's power Blade was possessing.
    Pretty sure comic Wanda can emulate TK and throw stuff really hard as well, literally just use the good old technique of humans throwing stuff really hard.