Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I got to catch the first issue of the Maximoff Twins! Really like the artwork with the art with the facial expressions. But now the question must be asked

spoilers:
    What was in the letter to make Wanda burn it? She's trying to protect Pietro from what it says so it can't be good. What did Magneto say? Unfortunately they already said it wasn't that he was the bio daddy of the twins, which I was hoping for. So I have a theory and it's insane. In the letter it says "WANDA WAS RIGHT" as in she was right to do House of M and destroy the mutants. How crazy would that be if Magneto of all people wrote that in a letter and sends it to his children?

As for who sent the letter? I suspect it was Polaris. She's sick of being the less popular forgotten daughter of Magneto and she's lashing out at society! That is my crazy theory
    end of spoilers

I'm hoping to see a appearance by Thor. I want Crimson Lightning to strike!
    With this Being their 60th Anniversary Celebration and the Teases from Orlando that this is only the Beginning of Celebrating it, I am Hyped for what we might be getting next!

So far, we have a good team that has a Deep appreciation for Wanda's Lore and Intent to strive her forward using her Lore as a guide to shapping better her and now seeing Pietro's future too!

So, I am Excited after reading SW & QS #1, We are in for some Interesting Stories going forward with interesting mysteries to boot!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Finally got the time to read Avengers #10 and I liked seeing Wanda and Thor work together again.
    Indeed GenericUsername, I am Catching up on my Avengers Reading Soon but Indeed what they are doing with what I have read in Panels with Thor and Wanda is a Dream Team I have long for, For So Long and they GET what Wanda and Thor are all about at this point in their Character Arcs!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Had a couple of issues with Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver issue #1. One was this idea that Pietro always hated Mags and Wanda was more accepting of him. Both went back and forth. And Wanda spent much of the 90s hating Magneto. She even mistrusted him in the 80s. Then there was the comment they had Wanda make that Pietro forced her to create the HoM world out of selfishness when it was really to save Wanda's life.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I very much enjoyed SW+QS 01. Thiis was my pick of the week. I don't know why they felt the need to relaunch with a new #1 (I know and do understand push sales tactics) but this was absolutely unnecessary in this instance, for this book/character. It seamlessly read as issue 11 of the previous run. Just let Orlando and team continue to cook what they started.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-16-2024 at 05:51 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda is lucky to have had Russell Dauterman drawing her for this long. Wanda fans in general are that Marvel has made sure she's had the best art when it comes to regular and fill-ins

Oh snap, a moment between Vision and Wanda !?

I really liked the first issue of SW&QS. The dynamic between the twins was as well written as I've seen it in a long time.

Elizabeth Olsen turned 35 today. Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Lizzie .

I love that most Avengers artists actually draw headpiece with the new design. Still annoys me that it's not the case on her own book(s).

Don't know if anyone here plays it but they'll be a new Scarlet Witch set for marvel topps coming out this or next week.

Screenshot_20240218_171617_Marvel.jpg

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Had a couple of issues with Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver issue #1. One was this idea that Pietro always hated Mags and Wanda was more accepting of him. Both went back and forth. And Wanda spent much of the 90s hating Magneto. She even mistrusted him in the 80s. Then there was the comment they had Wanda make that Pietro forced her to create the HoM world out of selfishness when it was really to save Wanda's life.
    You are correct that Pietro convinced a mentally fragile (at the time, due to her breakdown from Disassembled) Wanda to change the world as a way to save her. I could be wrong, but I think Wanda's POV has some merit in that nobody knew that the change to create the HoM world was due to Pietro's influence until the reveal. That was part of the reason Magneto killed Pietro out of anger, to which Wanda brought him back to life, then in turn brought the House of M down in her rage towards Magneto for what he did to Pietro. Pietro never owned up to his role publicly in influencing a then mentally unstable Wanda to change the world. He was more than happy to let Wanda take full responsibility (blame) for everything after the House of M reality came to an end. Pietro allowed Wanda to take full ownership of what happened. I believe that is one example of Wanda's selfishness accusation. He doesn't own up to his role in matters when stuff hits the fan. Remember when he killed an Inhuman while stealing the Terrigen crystals and used the crystals on his daughter, Luna because he didn't want her to be human. IIRC, Luna for a long time was the only person who knew what Pietro did. Wouldn't surprise me that Wanda now knows about that. Finally, I remember something about Pietro being more than happy to let everyone think it was a Skrull of him that did those bad things with the Terrigen crystals - that he was replaced by a Skrull. If I remember correctly again, didn't one of the youngsters being trained on Hank Pym's Avengers compound learned of his dark secret? Can't remember which one. Those are 3 examples I can give of Pietro's selfishness where he thinks primarily of himself with no accountability for what he's done. There's probably more, but I am sure you get the idea.

Hope that brings some clarity to all of this. I absolutely loved Q & SW # 1. I can't stop re-reading it. All the things I find missing in much of today's comics are returned with a fresh, organic approach. Wanda & Quicksilver as characters has always been Marvel gold IMO, whether apart or together. Yet together, they can really bring the heat... even when it's with each other!