Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    Happy that she's back.

I love the font personally especially love the little hexes.

And not be a downer (sorry) but what's the point of bringing the book back with the same writer if it didn't work the first time round, is it not just going to end the same way, shouldn't another writer get a crack at her.
    I think they are doing it just for marketing since fist issues sell better and the samthing happened with sensational she-hulk with the team that was on the previous she- hulk solo I believe
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Things are playing out exactly as they were planned. I remember Orlando stating last year that this new threat will be a new big multi-arc story. SW & QS is only the beginning of that story. Deservedly so because as was also teased in the Timeless one-shot, Wanda will have to confront Griever and that's indeed probably the most powerful foe that somebody can face.

"This is me being reasonable"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think it's more of the Executives deciding that since number ones do sell, let's do a series of Limited Series, which make for a tighter story and puts less pressure on the current creatives...and apparently it's more marketable to today's readers who may not want to invest in the long term.

Plus the days of a writer staying on a series for years is long dead. Creatives nowadays don't want to sit with a character for more than they absolutely need to (which is generally 6 months to a year).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

There are plenty of Writers at Marvel or DC who stay on titles for more than 2years and some up to 4, at least the A-league characters.
    So to your point, with Wanda not being A-league for a solo book you're thinking may be right.
    However, I'm too old school at 47 to just do that, large numbers on a book do not scare me. I'll just trade wait and save myself some time/cash in the process. The trades/Omnis are cheaper(38-46% off msrp) from IST than my LCS monthly(20%) books are anyway.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

To your point...It seems to be a contractual decision who wants to stay on a book/character(s) and for how long. If the "new" ongoing goes up to 10 issues...Orlando would have written two years worth of monthly stories...just divided into three "limited series" thus far. As we saw with the cancellation of Avengers Inc. under Ewing...sales do play an important part in deciding what continues and what's dropped.

For many reasons...the general trend over the past couple of years seem to be the "ongoing" limited series.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not feeling that new font -It's more eerie than hero-y, but...more Scarlet Witch is delicious.
    The font is from the poster of Wanda by renowned illustrator P Craig Russell. It was released in 1987 when Wanda was quite popular. It was quite the coup to have him do a poster and awesome that it is of Wanda. My dad had it with his Avengers collection and I had it framed in a really cool gold frame that the gold is reflective but has black etching all through it and a red mat that is made of red cellophane with a black lip and the red has a texture similar to candy apple in that it's almost a see-through deep scarlet red. The frame is actually made of solid 2 inch wide pure cherry that the company put a gold leaf on and then etched it. It's really cool. mDTgnmBG_0102211458051gpauxiu.jpg
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 02-21-2024 at 03:13 PM.

That's some awesome history there, Dauterman really did his research homework. Thanks Cubbyboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    Happy that she's back.

I love the font personally especially love the little hexes.

And not be a downer (sorry) but what's the point of bringing the book back with the same writer if it didn't work the first time round, is it not just going to end the same way, shouldn't another writer get a crack at her.
    The hexes remind me of the ones GC5z880aIAAZDtW.jpg done by this artist -Sandy Plunkett. My dad has two really cool Marvel patches with Wanda made to sew on a denim jacket and one of them is this image by
    Sandy Plunkett. The hexes seem to derived from hers. 21491724f88ca966c5f8e868b7fdb4d9.jpg. Just tap the pix in each of my posts.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 02-21-2024 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    The font is from the poster of Wanda by renowned illustrator P Craig Russell. It was released in 1987 when Wanda was quite popular. It was quite the coup to have him do a poster and awesome that it is of Wanda. My dad had it with his Avengers collection and I had it framed in a really cool gold frame that the gold is reflective but has black etching all through it and a red mat that is made of red cellophane with a black lip and the red has a texture similar to candy apple in that it's almost a see-through deep scarlet red. The frame is actually made of solid 2 inch wide pure cherry that the company put a gold leaf on and then etched it. It's really cool. mDTgnmBG_0102211458051gpauxiu.jpg
    I love this poster. I always wanted it for in my house.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So Happy for You Both!! =D

Such Amazing Wanda Fans Like You Both GenericUsername & Wiccan Deserve nothing Less than such a Present on their Birthday Month! ^_^

My Birthday in May 26th, while it is not the same month It is close just by a few Weeks, so I will take such a late Present Joy!
    Yes! We can all enjoy the new run around our birthdays!

I'll post a pic of the framed pic when I get a sec. BTW here's this info concerning the Scarlet Witch movie. Hoping it's reliable. https://fandomwire.com/elizabeth-ols...n-waiting-for/
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 02-22-2024 at 09:17 AM.

I'll post a pic of the framed pic when I get a sec.
    Thank you! Can't wait to see it!

Wanda is in the Blood Hunt trailer for that comic release in May.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

Yep and there will be trading cards too

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

Here it is. The red cellophane mat is hard to see because it's 3d-ish with how much depth it has. I forgot the frame also has deep red underneath the gold. IMG_20240223_223521~2.jpg

Here it is. The red cellophane mat is hard to see because it's 3d-ish with how much depth it has. I forgot the frame also has deep red underneath the gold. IMG_20240223_223521~2.jpg
    Looks really amazing! Thanks for sharing!