Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Lore being back is so great!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love her design and her shadow demons remind me of eddie from guilty gear and eyesmon from digimon

Extraordinary Member

Don't know if it's touched upon in her other appearances, but I would really like to see the origin of Lore's powerset. She is a necromancer which is very different from MU Wanda, could be a difference in patron deity, mentor, etc.
    Either she is actually associated with Set instead so her sphere is more about death than chaos, or she leaned more to the darkness part of Chthonic influence, which is associated with the undead and night creatures.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-25-2024 at 12:45 PM.

She looks terrifying

Extraordinary Member

I like the shout-out to who the villain of the second Doctor Strange movie should have been. Of course MCU Wanda haters are already trumpeting it as a sign that MCU Wendy is evil, but that's why it's clever, it pleases those haters (who get to watch 616 Wanda beat up an MCU-coded version), haters of Multiverse of Madness (who get to see the "real" Wanda beat up the corrupted villain the movie turned her into) and fans who like all the versions.

While I have my reservations I do think Orlando's writing has improved a lot with the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver mini from having familiar characters like Vision and Pietro who have strong character voices. Wanda is at her best when bouncing off characters she has a history with, so I'm glad we're going to get more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I like the shout-out to who the villain of the second Doctor Strange movie should have been. Of course MCU Wanda haters are already trumpeting it as a sign that MCU Wendy is evil, but that's why it's clever, it pleases those haters (who get to watch 616 Wanda beat up an MCU-coded version), haters of Multiverse of Madness (who get to see the "real" Wanda beat up the corrupted villain the movie turned her into) and fans who like all the versions.

While I have my reservations I do think Orlando's writing has improved a lot with the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver mini from having familiar characters like Vision and Pietro who have strong character voices. Wanda is at her best when bouncing off characters she has a history with, so I'm glad we're going to get more of that.
    I even had the theory that movie Wanda was more like Lore. Because she was in appearance and actions. Even for as much as Wanda went through with her sons, she never tried to kidnap someone else's kids.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I even had the theory that movie Wanda was more like Lore. Because she was in appearance and actions. Even for as much as Wanda went through with her sons, she never tried to kidnap someone else's kids.
    When the movie plot leaked and turned out to be real, I hoped (sigh) it was Lore, since Lore possessed her multiversal variants just like MoM Wanda. Either the resemblance was a coincidence or it was a gimmick they decided to use when they turned Wanda evil (sigh #2).

Her next mcu appearance should just put all the blame on the red wig.

Extraordinary Member

As much as I would like a meta sarcastic explanantion of her behavior, it is simply a privilege that cannot be afforded by characters like her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    When the movie plot leaked and turned out to be real, I hoped (sigh) it was Lore, since Lore possessed her multiversal variants just like MoM Wanda. Either the resemblance was a coincidence or it was a gimmick they decided to use when they turned Wanda evil (sigh #2).
    Again, it is just her weird status of being a pretty and expensive crystal statue that can still be easily shattered.
    Like no other characters, even less popular ones would not be presented with the writing choice of making their main version an evil variant. Even Hank Pym who has a stream of back luck in comics, granted being sidelined isn't that much better.
    But agaim it seems writers generally just happen to have awful ideas for female characters in general, more sensible folks might shoot it down during the production process. Like Zack Snyer's prequel idea for Wonder Woman, or Whedon's idea for Black Widow, still some stuff still leaked through, like WW1984 having Diana exploiting a random dude's bodily autonomy.

From the synopsis of Issue 2 and Issue 3. IMO it seems that Wanda has died and is trying to resurrect herself
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Lovely. A huge glow up by one of the best. I heard Dauterman is even returning to interior art for this special occasion.

Also loved this part in the official Marvel article
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...uterman-design

"Teaming up with X-MEN RED’s Jacopo Camagni, Orlando will use SCARLET WITCH to continue to push the limits of what Wanda’s magic is capable of as she becomes the Marvel Universe’s prime defender against deadly mystical threats—new and old! Among them will be Lore, Wanda’s demonic counterpart from 1994’s SCARLET WITCH limited series."
    I love that any mystical threats will have her as their big obstacle.
    Last edited by Galerion; 04-26-2024 at 03:23 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

She reminds me of Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    She reminds me of Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon.
    I see it, the hair and costume is also giving Kaolinite

Terrifying and hot in good measure.