Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    I do wish they'd use some of Wandas other outfits in her merchandise it puts me of buying some it, just ends up feeling all samey to me. Saying that i still bought it along side her funko gingerbread pin.
    Hi there- is the Valentine's Funko the bodysuit with or without straps? I don't think she's had the classic 70's strapless yet in a Funko? Thx!!
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 01-12-2024 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    So when did Wanda become such a Francophile? I became one after I watched Midnight in Paris. I know Wanda speaks some French in the comic books. There is also a LARGE Roma population in Paris (not sure about the rest of France though). France was RIGHT to be mad about how their troops were portrayed in Wakanda Forever.
    I could be wrong but somehow I feel like I've seen her speak french in the comics a good bit back - like the 70's or 80's but -again- I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    New thread time! So exciting! Happy New Year everyone!

Happy -Late- New Year to everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed, Thanks Jmc247, That Past just Few Years Have Been Something Else in Such Major Positive Ways & The Hype for Our Wanda's 60th Anniversary is More Major then could have Hoped to have been just a Few Years Ago!

Amazing Times to Be a Wanda Fan, Just Look at 2023 Alone;

By @616wandaarchive

"All Covers of Scarlet Witch Vol.3 (2023)"

https://twitter.com/616wandaarchive/...80012992577669

So nice to see your post CJ and yes- hopefully this is a major and wonderful year for our awesome Scarlet Witch !!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    I could be wrong but somehow I feel like I've seen her speak french in the comics a good bit back - like the 70's or 80's but -again- I may be wrong.
    Yes, she speaks French to Monica Rambeau in Avengers #234.

I think it's just supposed to show that she's from Europe and English isn't her first language, so she's one of the Avengers who can be assumed to speak more than one language.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, she speaks French to Monica Rambeau in Avengers #234.

I think it's just supposed to show that she's from Europe and English isn't her first language, so she's one of the Avengers who can be assumed to speak more than one language.

Honestly I didn't even know Monica spoke French!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I didn't even know Monica spoke French!
    Well, she is from New Orleans, so by the laws of comic book stereotyping, everyone from New Orleans has to talk French sometimes.

Hi there- is the Valentine's Funko the bodysuit with or without straps? I don't think she's had the classic 70's strapless yet in a Funko? Thx!!
    It's hard to say, the heart hex is hiding her shoulders

She has straps, but it's faint.
    20240113_162114.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    That's kinda my point. She could have tried to found other ways instead of resorting to killing a kid.
    Writers for definite could have found any other way. Both tech and magic have ways of traveling through universes, even if she doesn't know how to do it herself. But they also could have just let her accept that her family wasn't real. Accept responsibility and grow. But they refused. No, she needed to be some caricature. Some comedy horror trope.

The movie anyway should have been about Strange first and foremost. It's a shame they never really went into his lore, his villains, etc. What a joke of a movie!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

She has straps, but it's faint.
    20240113_162114.jpg
    Thx!!! It's still awesome. Guess they are saving the Perez (I know it was strapless before him but he drew her costume so iconically) strapless for a later one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, she is from New Orleans, so by the laws of comic book stereotyping, everyone from New Orleans has to talk French sometimes.
    If she's been established as being creole then it makes sense she would speak French.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    If she's been established as being creole then it makes sense she would speak French.
    You're probably right. I can't find it now but I think her mother was established as running a store in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

I was thrown by her saying (in the page) that she doesn't speak French well, but looking at it again I think she's just supposed to be self-conscious about her New Orleans accent, but fluent in French.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Check out this really cute Wanda and Vision art (they ask not to repost, hence the link): https://www.deviantart.com/vanillaxb...ozy-1008357789
    That really Is Near Chibi-Levels of Adorable, Thanks for Sharing this Wanda & Vision Leokearon!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

The Scarlet Witch Valentine's Day POP is now available: https://funko.com/pop-scarlet-witch-...hex/76825.html

I Rember 1st seeing the Previews of This on Twitter(Not X) & it is Indeed Another Funko Win for our Wanda. Really Enjoyed how the Bright Reds & Pinks of Wanda's Costume Turned Out and How her Hair was Classically Done, But Especially Her Chaos Heart Shaped Magic is Simply the Best!

This should be one of the Hero Symbols for Our Wanda! ^_^

I do wish they'd use some of Wandas other outfits in her merchandise it puts me of buying some it, just ends up feeling all samey to me. Saying that i still bought it along side her funko gingerbread pin.
    Same here, with her 60th anniversary, I hope she gets at least a New Marvel Legends with either her Wada or Current Look
    I think with the 60th Anniversary of Wanda This Year and So Much NEW Wanda Content we just got Alone in 2023 it is Truly Likely we will get More Unique Costumes and Looks from Wanda's Beautiful History!

Hoping for her Russell Dauterman's Costume the MOST!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!