Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Supergirls reintroduction to the DCU was certainly fun

Ah yes, the "Supergirl beats up everybody" run .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah yes, the "Supergirl beats up everybody" run .
    See Jeph Love’s Red Hulk run too.

Astonishing Member

Jeph Loeb got very lowbrow in those runs. There is fun, and then there is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How would people feel if they did a Supergirl/PowerGirl book?

The two working together while navigating life as 20 somethings in the big city.
    I feel like last year showed why Kara and Karen have never really worked as a duo (or at least Leah Williams current interpretation doesn't) they end up stepping on each others toes narratively and while they've tried to play in to that and make it a plot point of it I find their characterization tends to get jumbled with their traits getting swapped around depending on whose writing or exaggerated to help them stand apart, I really dislike the tendency of making Kara more kiddie in order to emphasise Karen as the more mature one.

Also I find Kara to be her least interesting when trying to play civilian I don't think it's a coincidence her best stories all tend to happen off-world.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I feel like last year showed why Kara and Karen have never really worked as a duo (or at least Leah Williams current interpretation doesn't) they end up stepping on each others toes narratively and while they've tried to play in to that and make it a plot point of it I find their characterization tends to get jumbled with their traits getting swapped around depending on whose writing or exaggerated to help them stand apart, I really dislike the tendency of making Kara more kiddie in order to emphasise Karen as the more mature one.

Also I find Kara to be her least interesting when trying to play civilian I don't think it's a coincidence her best stories all tend to happen off-world.
    Personally I think Supergirl can walk the Earth/Space line fairly well, but it depends on the right writer.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

My favorite Kara/SG run is still her DC relaunch. It really broadened the character to the overall DCU before basically stripping her back to sticking solely with Superman.

This Lois outfit also could've made a good SG outfit back in the day

supergirl20.jpg

Kara in Gotham City Garage

How was Orlando's run?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How was Orlando's run?
    Aggressively mediocre, tries to ape the CW show to it's detriment, I'd sooner go back and read the Joe Kelly run because even though it's objectively worse there's at least some entrainment value to be had in it's badness.

Orlando one of those writers whose works I either really vibe with from the start (Kill a Man, Scarlet Witch, Midnighter) or fall completely fall within the first issue (Supergirl, JLA, Iceman)
    Last edited by walk; 01-10-2024 at 12:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Who would you all want for a Supergirl creative team in 2024?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who would you all want for a Supergirl creative team in 2024?
    While I didn't read the recent one shot, I was kinda hoping Tamaki would get an ongoing. I really liked Being Super.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How was Orlando's run?
    I think it was decent. I liked his attempt to give Kara her own Rogues Gallery, integrate TV show stuff, and mine Kryptonian lore even if it was a little by-the-numbers at times.