Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Today's a crazy Spider-Boy day!
    Looking at gorgeous pages in my inbox from Paco on SPIDER-BOY #7 interiors and the SPIDER-BOY #10 cover, and from Jason on SPIDER-BOY #8 interiors.
    Talking with the office about the new villain for SPIDER-BOY #11 and #12, have locked down the character's name and powers, and pretty soon Paco will go to work on that character's designs. But all of that has to wait, because I have to focus on the current draft of our SPIDER-BOY #9 plot! Big things are in the works for Bailey and the cast of S-B, can't wait for you all to see where we're going for the rest of 2024, into 2025, and beyond!

This is very surreal for all of us on the title. Last Friday was the character's "birthday". He started out as a strange, last minute surprise in our "End of the Spider-Verse" storyline. There were arguments about whether or not we should even introduce him. Once he was greenlit, the original plans were for Spider-Boy to be a sometimes-supporting-cast-member, like how we used him in SPIDER-MAN #8-#10 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1-#2. And now, here he is, a year later-- and thanks to YOUR support-- he's got his own solo book and it's holding its own against other flagship titles from the Big 2. This has been some of the most fun I've had working in this industry in ages! And I owe it all to YOU GUYS, my fellow creators on the S-B team, and this weird, little fictional character who literally popped up out of nowhere.
    Very cool, 1 year! I remember refreshing websites constantly to see what the spoiler cover was. Quite a fun experience, Can't wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    You got any other books or side stories\backups we can look forward to this year?
    That was a silly thing to ask. It's obvious he can't tell us about stuff that hasn't been announced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Today's a crazy Spider-Boy day!
    Looking at gorgeous pages in my inbox from Paco on SPIDER-BOY #7 interiors and the SPIDER-BOY #10 cover, and from Jason on SPIDER-BOY #8 interiors.
    Talking with the office about the new villain for SPIDER-BOY #11 and #12, have locked down the character's name and powers, and pretty soon Paco will go to work on that character's designs. But all of that has to wait, because I have to focus on the current draft of our SPIDER-BOY #9 plot! Big things are in the works for Bailey and the cast of S-B, can't wait for you all to see where we're going for the rest of 2024, into 2025, and beyond!

This is very surreal for all of us on the title. Last Friday was the character's "birthday". He started out as a strange, last minute surprise in our "End of the Spider-Verse" storyline. There were arguments about whether or not we should even introduce him. Once he was greenlit, the original plans were for Spider-Boy to be a sometimes-supporting-cast-member, like how we used him in SPIDER-MAN #8-#10 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1-#2. And now, here he is, a year later-- and thanks to YOUR support-- he's got his own solo book and it's holding its own against other flagship titles from the Big 2. This has been some of the most fun I've had working in this industry in ages! And I owe it all to YOU GUYS, my fellow creators on the S-B team, and this weird, little fictional character who literally popped up out of nowhere.
    That all sounds great, and I look forward to reading it all. That being said, don't forget to take care of yourself. I know how important and stressful work can be, but self-care is important. That is a lesson I had to learn the hard way. If we don't take care of ourselves, who will? Congratulations on your successful books and take care.

Fantastic Member

You got any other books or side stories\backups we can look forward to this year?
    Word on the street is that Bendis is going to age him up.

Superboy joke, huh?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Word on the street is that Bendis is going to age him up.
    Never mind, got the Super-Boy nod. I do hope they keep him a kid for awhile.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by betaraybob View Post
    Never mind, got the Super-Boy nod. I do hope they keep him a kid for awhile.
    What if we meet spider boy but an older version of him when he's trapped in the web of life?

What if we meet spider boy but an older version of him when he's trapped in the web of life?
    I would love that. Like a Spider-Boy 2044.

spiderboy.jpg

Got a little commission.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spiderboy.jpg

Got a little commission.
    Pretty cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would love that. Like a Spider-Boy 2044.
    Maybe a version from Mayday's world?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe a version from Mayday's world?
    That'd be great. Imagine a grown Spider-Boy, full fangs, maybe he learns to grow the extra limbs controlled coming in hot.

Would be awesome.

Fantastic Member

Surprised no one mentioned the new Spider-Boy issue that came out last week. A couple interesting developments...

spoilers:
    Christina is now a Human/Pigeon Hybrid. Bailey finally knows his Moms fate, though she doesn't remember him. Plus, now we know who the Stillwell Father is and his 'fate'.
    end of spoilers

Good issue, 8 wraps it up, then a new storyline for 9-12?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned the new Spider-Boy issue that came out last week. A couple interesting developments...

spoilers:
    Christina is now a Human/Pigeon Hybrid. Bailey finally knows his Moms fate, though she doesn't remember him. Plus, now we know who the Stillwell Father is and his 'fate'.
    end of spoilers
    Poor everybody . . . except Madame Monstrosity.

Good issue, 8 wraps it up, then a new storyline for 9-12?
    Could be, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.