Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Another great issue. I laughed at the clever way they used said they were watching a Fast and The Furious movie. Fast Car family five. lol. I think the Bailey talking about not having money will prove significant at some time in the future issues? This little dude is growing on me. I admit I thought the whole Spider-Boy thing was really stupid, but this has been a refreshing surprise.
    Last edited by chachi; 02-21-2024 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Oh Boy... now I really wanna see how this happens!
    We still don't know who Bailey's Dad is

Since his Mom is one of Madame Monstrosity's brainwashed mutant (mutant as in TMNT, not X-Men) underlings, I'd guess his Dad is too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since his Mom is one of Madame Monstrosity's brainwashed mutant (mutant as in TMNT, not X-Men) underlings, I'd guess his Dad is too.
    My fan theory is somehow still connected to Doc Ock but you are probably right.

Incredible Member

This has been a great series to read! Have no idea whatsoever where it’s going from issue to issue.

Nice to see Aunt May briefly.

Why would Spider-man be upset about a “hidden” power? I rolled with it, but it seem beneath Peter to throw that in his face. And to bench him against the Vulture-lite crew?

The artist really gave some vastly different height distinctions between Peter, Miles and Bailey.

Peter is 5’10, so average male height. Miles is in high school I think? 16yo-ish? I don’t follow that character like that, but most males approach adult height during high school years.

The artist kinda gave Miles a middle school height and Bailey an elementary kid height, but it’s all good - I can roll with it!

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    This has been a great series to read! Have no idea whatsoever where it’s going from issue to issue.

Nice to see Aunt May briefly.

Why would Spider-man be upset about a “hidden” power? I rolled with it, but it seem beneath Peter to throw that in his face. And to bench him against the Vulture-lite crew?

The artist really gave some vastly different height distinctions between Peter, Miles and Bailey.

Peter is 5’10, so average male height. Miles is in high school I think? 16yo-ish? I don’t follow that character like that, but most males approach adult height during high school years.

The artist kinda gave Miles a middle school height and Bailey an elementary kid height, but it’s all good - I can roll with it!
    Miles is 17-18 at this point I believe. I also think that in other books they're close, if not the same height. He was drawn WAY too small IMO in this issue.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Miles is 17-18 at this point I believe. I also think that in other books they're close, if not the same height. He was drawn WAY too small IMO in this issue.
    Uh-huh. One of the more recent handbook entries for him listed him as being 5'8" to Peter's 5'10".
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

One of the coolest things about helping come up and co-create characters in the Marvel Universe... is when you see them go off into other books and projects and check out other writers playing around with them!

I LOVE everything Preeti's been writing for Bailey over in the SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED online issues! It was fun to see him pop up in Zeb's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! And I can't wait for you all to read what Steve's got in store for Spider-Boy over in SPIDER-WOMAN next month!

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 9.01.01 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 8.42.27 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 9.08.14 AM.jpg

Quick update: SPIDER-BOY #5 will be out March 20th!
    SPIDER-BOY #6 heads off to the printer next week-- Paco's art on this issue is perfect, and it has one of the most bizarre scenes in the title to date!
    I'm wrapping up the plot for SPIDER-BOY #7 today and tomorrow-- our first full length feature with no backup story.
    Doing a Zoom call where we're planning stuff for SPIDER-BOY #8... because we are taking a BIG swing with that issue so we have to start working stuff out wayyy ahead of time.
    And the recently turned in cover for SPIDER-BOY #9 is my new favorite thing!

This entire book/character really came out of the blue last year, and I honestly have not had this much fun on a gig in forever. It's this strange mix of a YA hero, in the Marvel U, and "anything can happen". I really want to thank everyone who's been supporting it! You keep buying it, we'll keep making it! :-D

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    One of the coolest things about helping come up and co-create characters in the Marvel Universe... is when you see them go off into other books and projects and check out other writers playing around with them!

I LOVE everything Preeti's been writing for Bailey over in the SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED online issues! It was fun to see him pop up in Zeb's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! And I can't wait for you all to read what Steve's got in store for Spider-Boy over in SPIDER-WOMAN next month!

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 9.01.01 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 8.42.27 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 9.08.14 AM.jpg

SPIDER-BOY #6 heads off to the printer next week-- Paco's art on this issue is perfect, and it has one of the most bizarre scenes in the title to date!
    I'm wrapping up the plot for SPIDER-BOY #7 today and tomorrow-- our first full length feature with no backup story.
    Doing a Zoom call where we're planning stuff for SPIDER-BOY #8... because we are taking a BIG swing with that issue so we have to start working stuff out wayyy ahead of time.

This entire book/character really came out of the blue last year, and I honestly have not had this much fun on a gig in forever. It's this strange mix of a YA hero, in the Marvel U, and "anything can happen". I really want to thank everyone who's been supporting it! You keep buying it, we'll keep making it! :-D
    Will you working be on Spider-Boy and Superior going into 2025?

It's been a really fun ride so far!

Fantastic Member

Gotta admit, Dan... I wasn't sure about Spider-Boy at first, but this has been a fun and refreshing book.

Fantastic Member

Am I correct in assuming #7 is the big showdown with Madame Monstrosity? It seems like it is an important issue.

Incredible Member

Yup. It's the climax of the Madame Monstrosity arc. And there will be some... very big repercussions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

It's one of those bits of comic book shorthand that sometimes makes sense and sometimes doesn't, but it gets the point across. In Batman crossovers it's often the case that Bruce Wayne is drawn taller than Dick Grayson and Dick Grayson is drawn taller than Tim Drake. How fortunate that their heights align with their seniority!

Screenshot 2024-03-03 114840.jpg

Maze Man? Love the weird