Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

At half past eleven last night UK time? Did it release early?

Anyway, after reading that one I think I can guess how the arc is resolved.
    spoilers:
    There's a flashback to High Evolutionary meeting Madame Monstrosity and he is NOT impressed by her work. So I think he'll end up being called in to revert all the animal people to human form, and despite being a villain will be willing to do it just to get one over Dr Stillwell. That'll definitely have to happen now considering Christina's about to be mutated! She and Hellifino need to either be restored fully to human form, or given the ability to switch between their human and mutant forms at will like Tigra.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Idk if its the art but Christina is getting younger and younger hopefully they will fix at the end of this arc
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Artists just struggling to handle kids I guess? As long as she's taller than Bailey (she's three years older than him I think?), it's not a big deal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just read this week issue of Spider-Woman. It was nice to see Jess and Bailey interactions it was very sweet.

Issue proves that Bailey should give the middle finger to Peter, ditch him and become Spider-woman's sidekick. They barely did a team up and she had proven to be 100% better menthor than Peter could ever be in his entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Just read this week issue of Spider-Woman. It was nice to see Jess and Bailey interactions it was very sweet.

Issue proves that Bailey should give the middle finger to Peter, ditch him and become Spider-woman's sidekick. They barely did a team up and she had proven to be 100% better menthor than Peter could ever be in his entire life.
    Just read this one, I liked at how they hinted at new powers later on. Solid/wholesome issue.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At half past eleven last night UK time? Did it release early?

Anyway, after reading that one I think I can guess how the arc is resolved.
    spoilers:
    There's a flashback to High Evolutionary meeting Madame Monstrosity and he is NOT impressed by her work. So I think he'll end up being called in to revert all the animal people to human form, and despite being a villain will be willing to do it just to get one over Dr Stillwell. That'll definitely have to happen now considering Christina's about to be mutated! She and Hellifino need to either be restored fully to human form, or given the ability to switch between their human and mutant forms at will like Tigra.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post

Quote Originally Posted by betaraybob View Post
    Just read this one, I liked at how they hinted at new powers later on. Solid/wholesome issue.
    Very wholesome, although Peter's been more jerkish with a lot of his friends/allies/loved ones in general lately. Could chalk it up to the utter s***storm that is his life in ASM right now (thank you very much for that, Zeb Wells), but still.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Very cute.

large-4436123.jpg

This is stellar!

large-4436123.jpg

This is stellar!
    Quite stellar.

Fantastic Member

large-4436123.jpg

This is stellar!
    Riffing off that John Byrne Spectacular Spider-Man #101 cover and I am there for it.

Incredible Member

Today's a crazy Spider-Boy day!
    Looking at gorgeous pages in my inbox from Paco on SPIDER-BOY #7 interiors and the SPIDER-BOY #10 cover, and from Jason on SPIDER-BOY #8 interiors.
    Talking with the office about the new villain for SPIDER-BOY #11 and #12, have locked down the character's name and powers, and pretty soon Paco will go to work on that character's designs. But all of that has to wait, because I have to focus on the current draft of our SPIDER-BOY #9 plot! Big things are in the works for Bailey and the cast of S-B, can't wait for you all to see where we're going for the rest of 2024, into 2025, and beyond!

This is very surreal for all of us on the title. Last Friday was the character's "birthday". He started out as a strange, last minute surprise in our "End of the Spider-Verse" storyline. There were arguments about whether or not we should even introduce him. Once he was greenlit, the original plans were for Spider-Boy to be a sometimes-supporting-cast-member, like how we used him in SPIDER-MAN #8-#10 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1-#2. And now, here he is, a year later-- and thanks to YOUR support-- he's got his own solo book and it's holding its own against other flagship titles from the Big 2. This has been some of the most fun I've had working in this industry in ages! And I owe it all to YOU GUYS, my fellow creators on the S-B team, and this weird, little fictional character who literally popped up out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 04-08-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Today's a crazy Spider-Boy day!
    Looking at gorgeous pages in my inbox from Paco on SPIDER-BOY #7 interiors and the SPIDER-BOY #10 cover, and from Jason on SPIDER-BOY #8 interiors.
    Talking with the office about the new villain for SPIDER-BOY #11 and #12, have locked down the character's name and powers, and pretty soon Paco will go to work on that character's designs. But all of that has to wait, because I have to focus on the current draft of our SPIDER-BOY #9 plot! Big things are in the works for Bailey and the cast of S-B, can't wait for you all to see where we're going for the rest of 2024, into 2025, and beyond!

This is very surreal for all of us on the title. Last Friday was the character's "birthday". He started out as a strange, last minute surprise in our "End of the Spider-Verse" storyline. There were arguments about whether or not we should even introduce him. Once he was greenlit, the original plans were for Spider-Boy to be a sometimes-supporting-cast-member, like how we used him in SPIDER-MAN #8-#10 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1-#2. And now, here he is, a year later-- and thanks to YOUR support-- he's got his own solo book and it's holding its own against other flagship titles from the Big 2. This has been some of the most fun I've had working in this industry in ages! And I owe it all to YOU GUYS, my fellow creators on the S-B team, and this weird, little fictional character who literally popped up out of nowhere.
    You got any other books or side stories\backups we can look forward to this year?

Incredible Member

That's the kind of info I wouldn't spill on a message board.

Or Marvel PR would murder me.

News like that would probably come out at a comic con panel, an event, or an online interview. ;-)

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    That's the kind of info I wouldn't spill on a message board.

Or Marvel PR would murder me.

News like that would probably come out at a comic con panel, an event, or an online interview. ;-)
    Fair enough It would be cool to see Bailey meet up with the new champions one day