Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Yes, that's definitely one of the team-ups I was thinking about. But even the period books the did at this time had a good snarky vibe between the two, as young men.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    For having worked so hard (or worked it so hard) that all of the Invaders exist in these more recent years (okay, out of the loop but I think more true than not?)

It seems like mostly wasted opportunities. Namor seems to not have good plotting or character moves.
    But the most recent Invaders type reunions really lacked to me. Maybe some interesting ideas but it needed something else.
    I think they've killed off Toro, didn't they? And who knows what is going on with Jim Hammond. I know Robinson was trying hard to push Hammond, but that was ... goodness, has it been a decade? Also not sure where Bucky is right now. Probably running Thunderbolts soon, given movie synergy. I'm not sure where Spitfire is ... I don't think she's with Blade anymore. Union Jack? They killed off the Destroyer, I believe, but we've got a new female one I think.

Invaders is another book which shouldn't be hard to capture the right vibe for, but editorial keeps insisting that it HAS to be set in the present, as if readers don't like good historical entertainment.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-26-2024 at 02:42 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Invaders is another book which shouldn't be hard to capture the right vibe for, but editorial keeps insisting that it HAS to be set in the present, as if readers don't like good historical entertainment.
    Truly sad, but I get where they're coming from. For what it's worth, I still love the classic version of The Invaders! The creative teams back then did it so well (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-26-2024 at 05:52 AM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Truly sad, but I get where they're coming from. For what it's worth, I still love the classic version of The Invaders! The creative teams back then did it so well (IMHO):
    I loved Roy Thomas' stories, but I never could get into Frank Robbins' art.

But speaking of the Invaders ... a cartoony piece of art by @awyeahfranco on twitter.

https://x.com/awyeahfranco/status/17...781338376?s=20
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I would enjoy a new Invaders book that was just Namor, Bucky and Jim, in modern times. All 3 of them having been put though quite the wringer having survived all these years. I wouldn't want Cap, or at least not at a regular member, a cameo or supporting character, busy dealing with the Avengers etc, as Cap just takes up too much oxygen. It'd be interesting if the trio were used as some sort of special mission group for the Avengers, though I can't imagine Namor and a man on fire could really ever be very clandestine. The fun part of these 3 is that that actually do like and respect each other, but can't or won't ever admit it. Though I have no ideas at the moment as to what kind of villains or they would face or for what reason.

I'm not sure where Bucky is these days, but Jim and Namor seriously need someone to come along and put them back together as characters. Jim having the robot body and all that **** was trash. His synthezoid body was supposed to be completely unique and essentially precious, as the tech is still beyond anything in modern science and was never able to be reproduced. I would like to see Jim trust and allow Namor and Atlantean scientists repair his body and perhaps teach Jim everything he needs in order to never have to rely on anyone again besides himself to take care his his body. The "specialness" of what Jim is has been lost by essentially everyone at Marvel.
    Last edited by Doombot; 02-01-2024 at 09:12 PM.

But speaking of the Invaders ... a cartoony piece of art by @awyeahfranco on twitter.

we need an Invaders animated movie. If the DC Justice Society can have their WWII cartoon movie, so can Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    we need an Invaders animated movie. If the DC Justice Society can have their WWII cartoon movie, so can Marvel.
    Couldn't agree more, and I know the perfect candidate to hire...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I do wish Marvel would do more animated shows. Though I'm sure Invaders if far down their list, but above Namor. sigh.

Sadly, I don't think he's done anything for Marvel, has he?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I would enjoy a new Invaders book that was just Namor, Bucky and Jim, in modern times. All 3 of them having been put though quite the wringer having survived all these years. I wouldn't want Cap, or at least not at a regular member, a cameo or supporting character, busy dealing with the Avengers etc, as Cap just takes up too much oxygen. It'd be interesting if the trio were used as some sort of special mission group for the Avengers, though I can't imagine Namor and a man on fire could really ever be very clandestine. The fun part of these 3 is that that actually do like and respect each other, but can or won't ever admit it. Though I have no ideas at the moment as to what kind of villains or they would face or for what reason.

I'm not sure where Bucky is these days, but Jim and Namor seriously need someone to come along and put them back together as characters. Jim having the robot body and all that **** was trash. His synthezoid body was supposed to be completely unique and essentially precious, as the tech is still beyond anything in modern science and was never able to be reproduced. I would like to see Jim trust and allow Namor and Atlantean scientists repair his body and perhaps teach Jim everything he needs in order to never have to rely on anyone again besides himself to take care his his body. The "specialness" of what Jim is has been lost by essentially everyone at Marvel.

I agree. Once you put Cap in the story, it usually becomes the Cap show. Plus I get tired of Namor getting lectured by Steve from his very US pov. I could definitely see Bucky and Jim and Namor working together, but not associated as the Avengers, especially with the crap Aaron dragged Namor through. If that hadn't happened, I'd could have seen them fighting with Roxxon as Eco-Warriors or something. Or they could go with good old Nazi hunting. I think it would be more of a mini-series than a series.

Man, I'd forgotten about that. Is Jim still mostly a machine? And yes, him and Namor would totally need to come back from that. Maybe that would be a good mini-series for them and Bucky. The quest for Jim's body.

I do wish Marvel would do more animated shows. Though I'm sure Invaders if far down their list, but above Namor. sigh.

Sadly, I don't think he's done anything for Marvel, has he?
    I know, right?! Timm's done a bit here & there for Marvel Comics over the years. But a personal favorite will always be his "first", Avengers #1.5 (1999):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-29-2024 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Years ago in an interview, Timm stated that he basically would have killed for Marvel to let him do a series, like BTAS, but about the Fantastic Four. He's forever associated with DC because of the quality of the 90's shows he did for them, but Timm absolutely loves classic Marvel.

^^^Indeed. It really shows, as evidenced by this 40th Anniversary Fantastic Four celebration project

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-30-2024 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I like this look for an Invaders cartoon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This is spectacular!

The sheer light radiating off of the page is unbelievable!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hey Fish-Folk, I think someone should pick a topic! I know our boy ain't been in anything for a while and won't be in anything too interesting coming up, but we can still get a convo going! I'm sure we can rub a few brain cells together and get something going here! C'maaaan

SIGH

It truly is a monkey paw's, isn't it? First Namor appearance in what, over a year, and it's this ugliness. And a minor appearance. With Sue. And it's all about a new character that will never be used again. I'm going to go cry in my non-alcoholic beverage, and will be back to try and find something that doesn't depress my fan self.

LOL! Thank you. I needed that laugh in the midst of this disappointment.
    I have not read this so I would not judge it.
    For me, at the end of the day, comic books are also soap operas for fans like us. And to some degree they write themselves.

I just don't see why Sue and Namor having these moments is so threatening.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all