Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Artist Paul Davidson confirms that we will not be getting a new suit but an a "older classic" Namor outfit, that is not the speedo.

No speedo, no new suit, but an older classic
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Artist Paul Davidson confirms that we will not be getting a new suit but an a "older classic" Namor outfit, that is not the speedo.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Neptune Armor!!! You know it's coming, given Marvel's current XTREME 90s fetish.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Get ready for him to break the character under the guise of deconstruction then like every writer post 2000 forget to put the character back together again.
    He's already broken the character. He's sitting in jail, after being trashed by his Avengers run.

Dear lord. Does anyone remember that awful getting drunk in, no lie, Davy Jones' Locker??? smh
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Savage Sub-Mariner era revisited? I can see Aaron doing that, he seems to think Namor is a barbarian savage dolt. He really doesn't write Namor with any sense of honor or nobility. At least other writers, know the balance between Namor's rage/anger and his noble side. Like I can't help but think about the King in Black series again, Busiek had a older, more world weary Namor who still had a lot of anger, but he never made him into what Aaron did in the Avengers. Even Pak's Namor in Atlantis Attacks was enraged a lot but he wasn't stupid.

At least I'll have Namor Week to look forward to, I can't wait to share the Emperor Namor & Empress Dorma art I've commissioned with everyone. Gotta look on the positive side!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Neptune Armor!!! You know it's coming, given Marvel's current XTREME 90s fetish.

https://hasbropulse.com/cdn/shop/fil...g?v=1696343830
    OMG! Thanks for the confirmation. You know how much I've always loved this particular period in Namor's history (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Thanks for the confirmation. You know how much I've always loved this particular period in Namor's history (XD)
    Well, I don't know for sure if it is coming, but it makes sense to me given present day Marvel, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised. Thanks for posting the pics of the actual chest plate Neptune Armor. I didn't have time to go looking for it.

Savage Sub-Mariner era revisited? I can see Aaron doing that, he seems to think Namor is a barbarian savage dolt. He really doesn't write Namor with any sense of honor or nobility. At least other writers, know the balance between Namor's rage/anger and his noble side. Like I can't help but think about the King in Black series again, Busiek had a older, more world weary Namor who still had a lot of anger, but he never made him into what Aaron did in the Avengers. Even Pak's Namor in Atlantis Attacks was enraged a lot but he wasn't stupid.
    Yes, part of the XTREME marketing ... though, Namor wasn't all that savage then. He was still trying to find a way between the ocean and the surface that didn't involve war. He still didn't kill people.

Pak. sob. I'd love to have him write a Namor book. But yes, I can think of a ton of writers who understand where Namor's anger comes from. Aaron isn't one them.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-20-2024 at 03:36 PM.

At least I'll have Namor Week to look forward to, I can't wait to share the Emperor Namor & Empress Dorma art I've commissioned with everyone. Gotta look on the positive side!
    Holy cow. When is that? Has it snuck up on me again?

Yes, part of the XTREME marketing ... though, Namor wasn't all that savage then. He was still trying to find a way between the ocean and the surface that didn't involve war. He still didn't kill people.

Pak. sob. I'd love to have him write a Namor book. But yes, I can think of a ton of writers who understand where Namor's anger comes from. Aaron isn't one them.
    Yeah, the era had him looking extreme but the only time he was "savage" and just fighting anyone who got close to him all mindlessly was when he had amnesia.

Holy cow. When is that? Has it snuck up on me again?
    It's in 5 days! I'm trying to finish my prompts but I commissioned some arts as well. First day is always the 24th of April.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

To be fair, I would say Aaron's a successful Marvel writer, but polarizing, like Bendis. A large segment of comic fans bought and loved his stuff. A more vocal segment didn't appreciate it. I think part of the problem is that he often 'remade' characters, like Dr Strange, which tended to tick off long time fans.
    Huh. I thought his books outside of 'Wolverine' were considered garbage. I hadn't heard one good thing about any of his non Wolvy books besides maybe his 'Amazing X-Men.'
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-21-2024 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Huh. I thought his books outside of 'Wolverine' were considered garbage. I hadn't heard one good thing about any of his non Wolvy books besides maybe his 'Amazing X-Men.'
    Almost all of series have sold well, and been reprinted in omnibus form, hence my assertion that plenty of comic fans love his stuff -- even if they don't post about it. Black Panther fans practically revere his arc from Secret Invasion. His Thor was the basis for the fourth movie, and he won an Eisner for Best Writer, while writing it, Dr. Strange, Star Wars, and his indy book Southern Bastards. Star Wars and Conan did well. But if you ask a die hard Dr. Strange or Thor fan, they probably will tell you they didn't like his run, or with Thor, segments of his run. Cause I remember liking the start of that Thor run, with Esad Ribic.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-22-2024 at 12:46 AM.

Yeah, the era had him looking extreme but the only time he was "savage" and just fighting anyone who got close to him all mindlessly was when he had amnesia.
    Yes, but it fits the narrative of people that haven't read Namor like to spout.

It's in 5 days! I'm trying to finish my prompts but I commissioned some arts as well. First day is always the 24th of April.
    Well ... another year where I will simply have to be a spectator. But thank you for the reminder.

Two things I'm hoping Aaron will NOT use ... the nonsense from his Prehistoric Avengers, which was supposed to include an Atlantean, I believe.

Llyron as one of the Seven Kings. I mean, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let that abomination fade into well deserved obscurity.

I'm also wondering, since he said he was going back to his Thor notebooks, if part of this is the apparently cut / discarded storyline he had for Namor in his Thor book? There was a gorgeous Things To Come page by Russell Dauterman that featured Namor.

Last edited by Reviresco; 04-22-2024 at 12:56 AM.

I was going to ask about the Aaron run on MIGHTY THOR: Amidst all the furor over his track record, I thought his THOR stuff had been well received, no? Acclaimed, even...

I'm also wondering, since he said he was going back to his Thor notebooks, if part of this is the apparently cut / discarded storyline he had for Namor in his Thor book? There was a gorgeous Things To Come page by Russell Dauterman that featured Namor.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.