Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I was going to ask about the Aaron run on MIGHTY THOR: Amidst all the furor over his track record, I thought his THOR stuff had been well received, no? Acclaimed, even...
    Aaron's Thor run was very long. At the beginning I think most people enjoyed it. And then the mess with Angela happened. But once Jayne Foster became Thor, things really soured for some Thor fans, who didn't care for the replacement or that old Thor was suddenly Unworthy. And the longer the run went, the more dissatisfied some folks became. By the same token, there were alot of new readers that loved Jayne Foster Thor. But again, there's the silent majority that buys comics, and the vocal critics who seem to be in the buying minority -- much like Bendis. Aaron was clearly successful for Marvel, or he wouldn't have been given books or been exclusive.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The success of Jason Aaron's Thor is questionable. There were what, 5 or 6 #1 numbers? And it was part of that All New and Different Marvel period that ended with the editor in chief being fired.

I just found out today that Jason Aaron is doing the Namor Mini...my heart sank instantly. I hope like heck he knocks it out of the park my expectations are super low. Like I am afraid for the character now.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-23-2024 at 02:17 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I just found out today that Jason Aaron is doing the Namor Mini...my heart sank instantly. I hope like heck he knocks it out of the park my expectations are super low. Like I am afraid for the character low.
    The whiplash I got from being elated at Namor getting a new series to seeing who the writer was all in the same moment broke my neck. Never been so happy and filled with so much dread in the same exact moment. Like you my expectations are so low that the bar is on the ground. I just hope whatever happens it doesn't have any lasting effects.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    The success of Jason Aaron's Thor is questionable. There were what, 5 or 6 #1 numbers? And it was part of that All New and Different Marvel period that ended with the editor in chief being fired.
    If the book wasn't selling well, he wouldn't have been allowed to stay on it for all those reboots and #1 or been given a couple of big events. But that's not to say hardcore vocal original Thor fans were happy with his book from beginning to end. The nonsense with Unworthy Thor, which happened in Original Sins, certainly didn't go over well. But for the general comic public, the book continued to sell well enough.

I'm not a fan of most of Aaron's Marvel work. Nor of Bendis. But both of those writers sold well and have their fans.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I just found out today that Jason Aaron is doing the Namor Mini...my heart sank instantly. I hope like heck he knocks it out of the park my expectations are super low. Like I am afraid for the character now.
    I am not as optimistic as you.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The whiplash I got from being elated at Namor getting a new series to seeing who the writer was all in the same moment broke my neck. Never been so happy and filled with so much dread in the same exact moment. Like you my expectations are so low that the bar is on the ground. I just hope whatever happens it doesn't have any lasting effects.
    I'm starting to fear that Aaron is going to 'replace' Namor, much like he did with Nick Fury, Thor, Punisher. I guess we'll have to see what characters he uses or introduces in the run.

Namor Week 2024 has begun! Here's the blog / twitter for the event in case anyone wants to check out the fanworks!

Alex Maleev shares his variant cover art on twitter, and there's a reply to a comment where he alludes to his pervious attempt at Namor XD

Only I can draw Namor as a bum too!

That would make an incredible Movie/Wall poster
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Namor Week 2024 has begun! Here's the blog / twitter for the event in case anyone wants to check out the fanworks!
    Yay!!!

I have to highlight this cool contribution to Namor Week. It's files to print out MCU Imperius Rex keychains, which you can then paint.

https://x.com/midnight_oily/status/1783200383554498670

Alex Maleev shares his variant cover art on twitter, and there's a reply to a comment where he alludes to his pervious attempt at Namor XD
    Hilarious! But he did get so much flak for that portrayal. I remember him apologizing to Namor fans, later, even.

That would make an incredible Movie/Wall poster
    That would be awesome, if we got a good poster out this mini-series.

yeah that keychain is cool!!

Whatever happens with Aaron's series at least we will be getting variants, and cool arts for Namor again, and I'm sure the interior arts will be amazing too. If only we didn't have Aaron as a writer I would be so freaking excited. ah well. at least I can appreciate the art, and artists!

yeah that keychain is cool!!

Whatever happens with Aaron's series at least we will be getting variants, and cool arts for Namor again, and I'm sure the interior arts will be amazing too. If only we didn't have Aaron as a writer I would be so freaking excited. ah well. at least I can appreciate the art, and artists!
    Absolutely. Though I'm going to get whiplash emotionally with the writing and the art. sigh.

I need to explore making some 3D printing files. At least logos. My library has some of the stuff to do that.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-24-2024 at 08:06 PM.

I finally get to share my Emperor Namor/Empress Dorma art commission for Namor Week!!! It is by the amazing Ecairnsart

I finally get to share my Emperor Namor/Empress Dorma art commission for Namor Week!!! It is by the amazing Ecairnsart
    WOW!!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous! Stunning! So much detail.