Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Be grateful he's getting a book at all - it doesn't happen for the Sub-Mariner very often these days.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not that way Marvel, NOT THAT WAY!!!!!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

God. Marvel just hates the character.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Monkey Paw curse
    Seriously. Beyond seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

Jason Aaron is writing Namor again.

I hate Aaron, but as always I'll eat glass for a glimpse of Namor. I'm pretty sure this will hurt the character a lot if the past writing is any indication.

This has long been my philosophy, that an appearance / book was better than not having one. But I think this one will test my opinion. What a depressing mess.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Be grateful he's getting a book at all - it doesn't happen for the Sub-Mariner very often these days.
    And now, I think we know why. Freaking Aaron probably "claimed" the character so he could write this mess.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The solicitation for the first issue.

NAMOR #1 (OF 8)
    JASON AARON (W) • PAUL DAVIDSON & ALEX LINS (A)
    Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    VARIANT COVER BY ELIZABETH TORQUE • VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA CASSARA
    DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA CASSARA
    VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV
    "LAST KING OF ATLANTIS"
    War rages beneath the waves, from the lost cities of the Secret Seas to the fathomless depths where the Elder Whales reign. Seven kings, old and new, fight to rule the watery realm. But where is Namor, the once mighty Sub-Mariner? He's sitting behind bars on the surface, with no intention of ever setting foot in the seas again. So begins an oversized Atlantean event that will forever reshape the landscape of the undersea world while at last laying bare the dark history of Atlantis and its fiercest, most infamous defender.
    An epic that will redefine the King of the Seas in the manner of Jason Aaron's PUNISHER series!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Prepare for the slings and arrows from the Geoff Johns Aquaman fans.

I wonder if that Maleev art we saw recently will be one of the variant covers?

OMG. They did not compare THIS to Punisher???

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Who wants to take bets that Natlus is going to make an appearance and that's the "most infamous defender" they are talking about?
    Why is it seven kings? does aaron really need to rip off Aquaman? in namor's comics it was 10 kings who ruled Atlantis before the fall. After that it was just one king or queen, or Emperor or Empress.
    Reshape the landscape of Atlantis, you mean like when he made the fight for the crown which was a rip off of the Black Panther mantle battle? instead of the crown only going to actual royal blood members?
    2 years since Namor's last series, which Marvel said was a AU, isn't a long time between comic series but why did it have to be the worst writer in Namor's history. Yes. he's the worst, he couldnt even get the most basic facts about Namor's backstory right.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel doesn't really show any love for Namor, now that bizarre MCU explanation for the name makes sense.
    I was hoping Gillen would appear to save the character at some point.
    Namor is not Thor, who right after Aaron's run (which had about 4 or 5 restarts) already had a run to clean house.
    And I think it's impressive that Marvel used Punisher's run to promote the writer. Does anyone remember this run? Does anyone have a good memory of this run?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Who wants to take bets that Natlus is going to make an appearance and that's the "most infamous defender" they are talking about?
    Why is it seven kings? does aaron really need to rip off Aquaman? in namor's comics it was 10 kings who ruled Atlantis before the fall. After that it was just one king or queen, or Emperor or Empress.
    Reshape the landscape of Atlantis, you mean like when he made the fight for the crown which was a rip off of the Black Panther mantle battle? instead of the crown only going to actual royal blood members?
    2 years since Namor's last series, which Marvel said was a AU, isn't a long time between comic series but why did it have to be the worst writer in Namor's history. Yes. he's the worst, he couldnt even get the most basic facts about Namor's backstory right.
    I don't think Natlus, or Swift Tide, or even actual Atlantean support characters that have been around for decades, will make an appearance. It will be all Aaron's "take" on Atlantis ... like those awful redneck Atlanteans he had show up one time. Isn't Namor supposed to be the 'most infamous defender?'

Elder Whales in the fathomless depths ... I wonder if Aaron knows that whales need to breath air?

I still can't get over the Punish comparison. I'm wondering if he's going to treat the Seven Kings like seven mafia families?

You know, this COULD have been what we've been asking for, a definite version of Atlantis and a reset for Namor ... but like you said, WHY did they get the worst Namor writer ever to do this???

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Marvel doesn't really show any love for Namor, now that bizarre MCU explanation for the name makes sense.
    I was hoping Gillen would appear to save the character at some point.
    Namor is not Thor, who right after Aaron's run (which had about 4 or 5 restarts) already had a run to clean house.
    And I think it's impressive that Marvel used Punisher's run to promote the writer. Does anyone remember this run? Does anyone have a good memory of this run?
    LOL! Yep. El Nińo sin Amor. The boy without love. That's been Marvel's take on Namor for decades.

I would have loved, loved, loved, Kieron Gillen's reconstruction of Namor.

Nope. I don't know anything about Aaron's Punisher ... but I don't read / follow that character.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Ha! I knew they were going to use that Alex Maleev piece. Explains why he did that out of the blue. It's also the best of the three. That last one is just .... going for ugly Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

This has long been my philosophy, that an appearance / book was better than not having one. But I think this one will test my opinion. What a depressing mess.
    BahHaha, I've been saying this forever. I've all but given up on Marvel and accepted Namor as just a character of the past and just enjoy the good times that were. Being a fan of Namor in modern times is masochistic. We're going to finally get some expanding or exploration of Atlantean history and I'm going to wish it was just left to rot instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    BahHaha, I've been saying this forever. I've all but given up on Marvel and accepted Namor as just a character of the past and just enjoy the good times that were. Being a fan of Namor in modern times is masochistic. We're going to finally get some expanding or exploration of Atlantean history and I'm going to wish it was just left to rot instead.
    Yes, yes. You can do the "I told you so," dance, Doombot. ;p

It definitely seems like that monkey's paw.

And we aren't the only ones who noticed that ...

https://x.com/TheeDCstan/status/1781115702813806869

Namor is getting an 8 issue mini series that, according to the description, will “redefine the character in the manner of Jason Aaron’s Punisher” ......

Not to be too alarmed but Jason AaronÂ’s Punisher ended with Frank Castle dipping leading to a new series with his replacement lol

SMH

This day really sucks for Namor fans.

BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT #3 (OF 3)
    CHERYL LYNN EATON (W)
    FARID KARAMI (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVI GO
    THE DEEP-SEA FINALE!
    • Black Panther must battle Atlantis in an underwater temple that holds the key to the vampires' power!

Like WTF??? Don't they have any African vampires? WHY do you have drag Atlantis back into a Black Panther book and go back to the Aqueos or all additions??? You could at least go with Varnae.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This day really sucks for Namor fans.

https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...024003_cov.jpg

Like WTF??? Don't they have any African vampires? WHY do you have drag Atlantis back into a Black Panther book and go back to the Aqueos or all additions??? You could at least go with Varnae.

I know, right?! Varnae is mondo-creepy to the MAX!!
    Always thought he/it/whatever had so much potential, if only certain creatives could just take some notice...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."