Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! Wut? You aren't eager for Redneck Atlanteans? Namor in OZ? The secret true history of Atlantis? Visceral exploration of Namor's dark violent past???

I'm sorry. But if you are asked about the quintessential aspect of Namor, and you don't even mention him being an alienated outsider, torn between two worlds, and bi-racial ... you've missed the essence of the character. But of course, if you claim Namor praying to stay in prison and NEVER be in the ocean again, you are starting out completely wrong.

I'm curious to see who he thinks are old familiar faces. Is Attuma also going to revert and be one of the 'kings' vying for the throne? I'm sure he'll use the Defenders of the Deep. There should also be someone from Lemuria, but who knows who rules that now?
    Now we know why Aaron put him in jail willingly, like I remember talking about how stupid it was that Aaron wrote Namor just going jail and it made zero sense but it's because he knew he'd be getting this stupid comic and wanted to set him up with that as his starting point. Like I would have thought in the last 2 years that Marvel would just let Namor out without any fanfare but nope, it's because of freaking Aaron.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Now we know why Aaron put him in jail willingly, like I remember talking about how stupid it was that Aaron wrote Namor just going jail and it made zero sense but it's because he knew he'd be getting this stupid comic and wanted to set him up with that as his starting point. Like I would have thought in the last 2 years that Marvel would just let Namor out without any fanfare but nope, it's because of freaking Aaron.
    Yep. When the solicitation hit, I realized exactly why we've had zero Namor content for ... almost a year? It's cause Aaron was circling back around to finish off the character. I will give Aaron this. Unlike Hickman who deconstructed Namor in his monopoly of the character, and then never returned to fix what he broke, Aaron at least seems to be interested in finishing his storyline. And I use the word 'finishing' in every sense.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yep. When the solicitation hit, I realized exactly why we've had zero Namor content for ... almost a year? It's cause Aaron was circling back around to finish off the character. I will give Aaron this. Unlike Hickman who deconstructed Namor in his monopoly of the character, and then never returned to fix what he broke, Aaron at least seems to be interested in finishing his storyline. And I use the word 'finishing' in every sense.
    By finishing you mean "putting the final nail in the coffin" because after this people will be referring to Aaron's Namor for all future references. I've always despised Fanon!Namor and Aaron writes only that.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

By finishing you mean "putting the final nail in the coffin" because after this people will be referring to Aaron's Namor for all future references. I've always despised Fanon!Namor and Aaron writes only that.
    Exactly. I really did not like Aaron's Namor. And I don't want to see THAT become the default. We desperately need Greg Pak, STAT.

He mentions that he wanted a different direction for this cover because he didn't want to do yet another Throne art. I think it's interesting, I do love the art but again I've never had an issue with art, its always the writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec
    i am glad you like it - i know it isn't a crowd pleaser but i hate boring repetitions of Namor sitting in a Throne - better artists than me have explored those kind of layouts already.

I'm not annoyed at it not being another 'Royal Namor' cover. I just think it's a bad concept, given the durability of Namor, and that you can make him look vulnerable or imprisoned in a far better fashion that isn't degrading and eyerolling. Lozano has done some great and interesting covers, and I look forward to seeing more of that in the future of the series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Heard Jason Aaron was writing Namor. I'm soooooo sorry.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I feel so sick. I've been saying for YEARS dark epic undersea court plots! I've been dying for a solid backstory for Atlantis. And I'm getting literally every thing I want but its in the hands of a writer who views Namor as this violent, hyper masculine, hyper aggressive, sexist, moron, who has no compassion or soul or layers. He's taken "undersea brawler without brains and loves to shout IMPERIUS REX" as his view on Namor for years. I don't believe he can do any kind of complexity like other writers can, and this is everything everyone thinks Fanon!Namor is, and it's going to solidify the undeserved hate Namor constantly gets from fans. Getting the exact plot/story that I believed would help improve and expand his world and character. It's literally a monkey's paw. If this had been any other writer I would be weeping tears of joy. Instead I'm just...
    IKR? It's unbelievable. If it was anyone else, I'd be excited. Cautious, but excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Heard Jason Aaron was writing Namor. I'm soooooo sorry.
    LOL! Thank you! It's funny how many of these reactions I've seen.

LOL! Thank you! It's funny how many of these reactions I've seen.
    I'm still recovering from his Avengers run where he turned Thor into Hercules.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm still recovering from his Avengers run where he turned Thor into Hercules.
    Yes. That Avengers run was such a train wreck. So much cringe.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It's amazing how much of Aarons Marvel output has failed considering his strong start on Wolverine which was acclaimed by fans and critics. I actually liked his 'Amazing X-Men.' Mentioning a big change I can't say I blame anyone for being worried.

Fantastic Member

Recently I read the Sub-Mariner: The Depths comic and really enjoyed it! As an Aquaman fan as well, it's really cool seeing how the two characters are similar but opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    It's amazing how much of Aarons Marvel output has failed considering his strong start on Wolverine which was acclaimed by fans and critics. I actually liked his 'Amazing X-Men.' Mentioning a big change I can't say I blame anyone for being worried.
    To be fair, I would say Aaron's a successful Marvel writer, but polarizing, like Bendis. A large segment of comic fans bought and loved his stuff. A more vocal segment didn't appreciate it. I think part of the problem is that he often 'remade' characters, like Dr Strange, which tended to tick off long time fans.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Recently I read the Sub-Mariner: The Depths comic and really enjoyed it! As an Aquaman fan as well, it's really cool seeing how the two characters are similar but opposite.
    Sub-Mariner The Depths is an amazing book ... though Namor hardly physically appears in the book. It's an alternate universe book, but it captured some cool aspects that underlie the character.

way past time for an all new Sub-Mariner animated series. I'm wondering who could be a good showrunner/producer for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Get ready for him to break the character under the guise of deconstruction then like every writer post 2000 forget to put the character back together again.