Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Namor is gonna be in the new Marvel game that’s getting announced this week.

Looks more like Ove

Captura de Tela (624).jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Never read any of the older back issues and although I liked him I was never really a fan until Roger Sterns Avengers. He was a complex character and had humanity. A scene that really sticks out to me is when Cap and Namor are on a boat (I think Monicas fathers) and Namor is trying so hard to keep his anger in check and truly wants to be a good Avenger. It showed the Namor actually had honor. Cap noted it too in his thoughts. I wish I could find a scan of it. My scanner isn't compatible with my new computer. So I can't do it myself. I do miss that era and his sorta friendship with Cap. Byrnes Namor was good at fleshing him out too.

Here are some scans I could find.

I also enjoyed Namors rivalry with Herc. Rather amusing.

I like the issue of Byrnes Namor when he is put on trial and all the Avengers come to speak up for him. Especially Thor saying he fought bravely.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-31-2024 at 11:40 PM.

Fanart.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-31-2024 at 09:29 PM.

^^^In total agreement, From The Shadows! Being a long-time Namor fan, I was quite elated when he accepted Cap's offer.
    It may have been rather brief, but Namor's time with The Avengers was truly memorable (IMHO):

Loved it when Cap had to allay Namor's anger at such a critical moment.
    Through his frustration, Namor showed considerable concern for his missing teammates.

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-01-2024 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^In total agreement, From The Shadows! Being a long-time Namor fan, I was quite elated when he accepted Cap's offer.
    It may have been rather brief, but Namor's time with The Avengers was truly memorable (IMHO):

Loved it when Cap had to allay Namor's frustration, which showed considerable concern for his missing teammates.

Thanks for posting those. I was looking everywhere for those pages.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Looks more like Ove

Captura de Tela (624).jpg
    That's exactly what I said when I first saw it, lol. Makes me think the artist just googled Namor, searched through his looks and got Ove mixed in with the searches and just went with that maybe. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Fanart.

Art by Scott Jones
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

While it's an old issue, it still really annoys me that Namor was given a secret son when Atlantean hybrids being sterile was a big plot point in Byrne's series.
    But then that was already an issue with Marrian having had his triplets. I can hand wave that away as a product of her bizarre alien biology, if they even were his kids.

Namor was on a page in FF #19, it started in a way, let's say, unusual and even interesting, as it recalls a certain short moment of Namor in the 40s during the Timely days, but in less than one page it falls into Sue's cliche.

I finally found the pages. I referenced Thor coming to his defense in Namor's ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    While it's an old issue, it still really annoys me that Namor was given a secret son when Atlantean hybrids being sterile was a big plot point in Byrne's series.
    But then that was already an issue with Marrian having had his triplets. I can hand wave that away as a product of her bizarre alien biology, if they even were his kids.
    Yes, like the line in the movie

"Life will always find a way" ; snigger/snort.

But really all these folks deal with too many absolutes. Reed or others saying Inhuman genes cancel X-factor/Mutant genes.
    etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Namor was on a page in FF #19, it started in a way, let's say, unusual and even interesting, as it recalls a certain short moment of Namor in the 40s during the Timely days, but in less than one page it falls into Sue's cliche.
    Of course it falls into Sue's cliche, Namor cannot exist in a F4 book without being tied to Sue in some way. I generally love Noir inspired novels/comics/movies, I really loved the vibe and art of the comic, and I found it interesting that North had Namor, of all people, be a cop, lmao, like it's funny to me because the only authority Namor recognizes is his own (or Atlantis's), also a call back to the Timely era and Betty Dean as a cop, etc. I think its correct to say that Namor is the only good cop/non corrupt cop on the force, because Namor for all his faults is a very honest character. It was weird seeing Namor without the pointy ears tho. lol

Namor art by John Byrne.

Jason Aaron is writing Namor again.

I hate Aaron, but as always I'll eat glass for a glimpse of Namor. I'm pretty sure this will hurt the character a lot if the past writing is any indication.

Astonishing Member

Monkey Paw curse