Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Happy New Year Namor Nation!!!

I hope we get something good this year, we need an ongoing series for Namor's 85th year!

Namor Week is still planned for April 2024 (twitter) (tumblr) and we have dedicated blogs for the fan event.
    This years prompts are already available!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Hoping 2024 will be an Awesome year for Prince Namor: The Sub-Mariner

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    After 10,000 years we will finally have new Namor content, and it does seem like Namor's been locked up in jail all this time
    Source

It truly has been 10,000 years since we've gotten any Namor content. Needless to say, I blame Jason Aaron and Marvel Editorial. Switched out the covers to the one with Namor actually on it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Little Golden Book Namor Submariner is up for pre-orders this weekend.

This is actually being released January 2, so you can order it now at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Namor-Sub-Mar...s%2C127&sr=8-1
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Happy New Year Namor Nation!!!

I hope we get something good this year, we need an ongoing series for Namor's 85th year!

Namor Week is still planned for April 2024 (twitter) (tumblr) and we have dedicated blogs for the fan event.
    This years prompts are already available!

Waves at IW! Good to see this is a go for 2024! Fans coming through again!

Yes, I'm beyond bitter about this last year for Namor, so I don't hold out much hope for anything from Marvel. But I guess it's time to get out of my pity party and start campaigning and writing Marvel again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hoping 2024 will be an Awesome year for Prince Namor: The Sub-Mariner

We are all so optimistic, even after Marvel keeps kicking us in the face. lol

That said, I think we are getting the action figure for this run in a month or two. Plus, blue Namorita. I've no idea why, but I'm grabbing both!

Catching up on some old posts from last year. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Panini Comics will launch an omnibus of John Byrne's Namor here in Brazil.
    Attachment 136022
    I'm kind of surprised Brazil didn't already have this. I'm pretty sure Panini had this omnibus available in Spain before the US release. Of course, they'd have to translate it to Portuguese, but Portugal is the home of the only very public Namor mosiac in the world, AFAIK.

This is the one I don't understand why we don't have in the US. It's a Silver Age Namor Omnibus, in Spain, of course.

https://x.com/HobbyConverters/status...844399228?s=20
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-01-2024 at 12:19 PM.

Happy New Year to the Avenging Son and his fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to the Avenging Son and his fans .
    Thank you! Happy New Year to you!

This February 2024, learn the real meaning behind Imperius Rex!

Giant Sized Fantastic Four #1

GIANT-SIZE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 will pack startling revelations about the past and set up an wildly uncertain future as the Fantastic Four discover a hidden secret about Atlantis in the form of Natlus! Awakened after thousands of years, be there when this ancient ruler re-stakes his claim on the throne of Atlantis!

IMPERIUS REX! Namor is imprisoned, serving out his sentence as the disgraced King of Atlantis! So when a new yet ancient threat arises from the sea, who better to leap into the fray than MarvelÂ’s First Family: the Fantastic Four! Embark on a GIANT-SIZE deep dive into some of AtlantisÂ’ most dangerous historyÂ…and the present that can scarcely hope to contain it!

"As a 12-year-old who bought—and still has—the original GIANT-SIZE FANTASTIC FOUR run which featured great Marvel creators of the ‘70s like Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway, Len Wein, Marv Wolfman, Chris Claremont, John Buscema, Rich Buckler, and more, it was a thrill to write this issue!" Nicieza said. "I tried to follow in the footsteps of those issues by creating something big and new. I came up with a character whose name and history will have Sub-Mariner fans either chuckling and saying, 'Why did no one ever think of that?' or 'They’ll want to drown me!' I’m excited to see which it will be!"
    You know, the more I look at this Giant Size Fantastic Four book, the more I wonder if Namor will actually appear in it ... unless it's at the end or in some prison visitation with Sue, where he's giving her info about Natulus. I mean, they don't actually mention Namor doing anything but being imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    One of the things with Marvel is they keep finding "new" secret, old races, to make something exciting. I would much rather see a follow up to the Ancient Atlanteans thing Hickman had going in the FF years ago. Or anything that might build on other mythos/structure in the storylines.
    I don't know why writers don't pick up on hooks and characters that previous writers left. It's like every writer thinks they have to stamp their rehash on something that's 85 years old. And seemingly contradictory, it IS a rehash and nothing really new. I think this is part of the nostalgia / fan fic writing that has been going on for so long at Marvel -- when the real time timeline started to crumble and collapse on itself. Stories started looking back, digging for secret histories, rehashing and reusing the old stories, instead of moving forward and telling new adventures.

I'm not saying I don't like Atlantis and Namor's history filled out, if it's done well, which most aren't, but it's hard for me to accept yet another secret origin of the Atlanteans or new named characters who have supposedly been with Namor since the Golden Age ... when they disappear the next time Namor has a guest spot in another book. Or god forbid, another attempt to extend Namor's amnesia after the 1950s, instead of leaving that on the sliding timescale.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm happy to see a new villain who is Atlantean (that isn't Namor) but at the same time, do we really have to go through another "Battle for the Throne"? Atlanteans must have some other interests, motives or points of view on life aside from who's on the throne or the rights of Kings etc. (Awesome cover though)
    You know the Atlanteans area a fickle bunch. I understand it's kind of important, given they are nearly absolute rulers, but someone MIGHT want to look at the oceans dying around them. The enroachment of the airbreathers. Mystical threats. etc. That said, I have a hard time seeing Namor returning to Atlantis right away. The Atlanteans will have to get in trouble with a new ruler, before they come crawling to him again, to be their ruler. So... I'm not sure where or what I want to see with Namor in his post convict days. ugh. So. Wrong. shakes fist at JA.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes! For me, there would be greater stories to tell with investigating the past of Atlantis (oh... Sue is now an archaeologist) as it may relate to Monster Island, or Attilan, etc. Tired of the foretold warrior blah blah blah. What about a mystery that ties various aspects of a deeper past together - or confounds the mystery more, LOL.
    This would require some real work and commitment from a new writer and the support of editorial. But it is beyond needed for Namor. They need someone to weed through all the crap that has been thrown at him in the last 20 years or so, maybe longer, and come up with a consistent history and storyline that others can easily follow. Then editorial has to put their foot down on the dumb secret histories. Move FORWARD.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I was just lamenting how if Marvel just let writers/artists focus on a Namor in Atlantis story that revolved around Atlantean and Undersea politics and dangers there's so much potential there. Last year was beyond insulting for Namor content especially after he made a splash in the MCU.

Anyways I was looking through files and I really love the visuals of
    The Rampaging Hulk (1977) #5
    (w) Doug Moench
    (a) Keith Pollard
    (inks) Alfredo Alcala

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I was just lamenting how if Marvel just let writers/artists focus on a Namor in Atlantis story that revolved around Atlantean and Undersea politics and dangers there's so much potential there. Last year was beyond insulting for Namor content especially after he made a splash in the MCU.

Anyways I was looking through files and I really love the visuals of
    The Rampaging Hulk (1977) #5
    (w) Doug Moench
    (a) Keith Pollard
    (inks) Alfredo Alcala
    I remember being floored by this art when I finally got my hands on a copy of Rampaging Hulk. The ink wash was gorgeous! And of course, you didn't see it in regular comics. These pages are great cause they deal with the problems that has always plagued Namor -- his dual heritage, and the pull of the surface world. and his troubled relationship with the throne.

Agreed on both counts. Just write Namor as an epic dark fantasy and don't interact with the surface for a year or two. Rebuild the character and establish Atlantis.

I really don't know what happened with Namor at Marvel this past year, but it's criminal. The one thing I hoped for from his introduction to the MCU was that we'd get a good ongoing. Instead we got Namor completely sidelined. SMH

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I remember being floored by this art when I finally got my hands on a copy of Rampaging Hulk. The ink wash was gorgeous! And of course, you didn't see it in regular comics. These pages are great cause they deal with the problems that has always plagued Namor -- his dual heritage, and the pull of the surface world. and his troubled relationship with the throne.

Agreed on both counts. Just write Namor as an epic dark fantasy and don't interact with the surface for a year or two. Rebuild the character and establish Atlantis.

I really don't know what happened with Namor at Marvel this past year, but it's criminal. The one thing I hoped for from his introduction to the MCU was that we'd get a good ongoing. Instead we got Namor completely sidelined. SMH
    It's too bad that the launch of Namor in the MCU has been ignored. He should have had a follow up appearance by now.....maybe in the Secret Wars arc the MCU is planning?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-06-2024 at 10:30 AM.

Classic confrontation by classic artist Bob Layton.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's too bad that the launch of Namor in the MCU has been ignored. He should have had a follow up appearance by now.....maybe in the Secret Wars arch the MCU is planning?
    The MCU seems to be scattershot right now. The only thing that they seemed to be building up to are Kang and the Thunderbolts. Of course, who knows what will happen with Kang now. At one point, we knew were going to get Namor in one of the Avengers movies, cause Jeff Loverness (a Namor fan, I think) said he was writing him in the script. Of course, he isn't writing the script anymore, so who knows?

I'm not sure where they could have put Namor in the films and shows this year, except for What If? That was a golden opportunity missed.

But it's the complete lack of Namor in the comics, after entering the MCU, that is baffling and annoys the heck out of me.

I NEED these sandals. The ankle wings flap!

https://x.com/RyeBrathwaite/status/1...588340004?s=20

Turn the audio down ... it's loud and tinny

https://www.tiktok.com/@rye_0891/vid...69154509915691
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-03-2024 at 02:03 PM.