Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I LOVE these little figures, like SuperHero Squad. Though I think this one is from the blind box Fantastic Four minis. I mean, look at his grumpy face! lol
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wish they'd made her Dorma or, more appropriately, Andromeda because Namora without the familial bond is an odd name choice. But I did see the suggestion that MCU Namora might be Namor's daughter.

To be fair, MCU Namora really doesn't line up with any of the Atlantean characters. But I prefer Lady Dorma, since that would give Namor a Talokan love interest, as well as fantastic character.

I don't think Andromeda was ever interested in Namor as a love interest ... plus she's Attuma's daughter, which was definitely NOT the dynamic of the characters in the movie. Though, if they had used the Mayan name for the star Andromeda, that would have been cool.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I wish they'd made her Dorma or, more appropriately, Andromeda because Namora without the familial bond is an odd name choice. But I did see the suggestion that MCU Namora might be Namor's daughter.

I can't remember 100%, but didn't Namor refer to Namora as "my child" towards the end of the movie?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I can't remember 100%, but didn't Namor refer to Namora as "my child" towards the end of the movie?
    MCU Namor referred to most of them as 'my child,' which is understandable given he's so much older than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think Andromeda was ever interested in Namor as a love interest
    OMG! I seem to remember this scene from Namor #61 (Herdling/Isherwood). Does that count?
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

With reference to MCU Namora being recast as Andromeda, I was considering more of her role as a General in the Atlantean army. Love interest isn't a factor since I didn't see that as a factor in WAKANDA FOREVER at all.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I LOVE these little figures, like SuperHero Squad. Though I think this one is from the blind box Fantastic Four minis. I mean, look at his grumpy face! lol
    ^^^his grumpy face and perfectly sculpted eyebrows!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! I seem to remember this scene from Namor #61 (Herdling/Isherwood). Does that count?
    Well, who would not be enamored by Namor's sexy half-naked bod?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I didn't remember that. But as Andromeda said, feelings she never revealed, so that may be part of it. Though, to be honest, I'm not as familiar with Andromeda as other Atlanteans.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, who would not be enamored by Namor's sexy half-naked bod?
    There is that. ;p

As I've said before, I tend to think of Namor (and the other Atlanteans) as having almost that supernatural attraction of a fairy glamour.

With reference to MCU Namora being recast as Andromeda, I was considering more of her role as a General in the Atlantean army. Love interest isn't a factor since I didn't see that as a factor in WAKANDA FOREVER at all.

I know some Namor fans didn't care for this, but I thought this showed off Namor's strategic side, and he negated Wakanda's sneak attack victory against Atlantis.

Ah, I see. Yes, then I can see where you would consider MCU Namora as more of Andromeda -- if her relationship with Attuma was stripped or substantially changed.

Hmmm. Well, I think MCU Namora's relationship with Namor was different from the other Taloknil. She was the only one who questioned him disagreed with some of his decisions and was something of a confidant. The rest of them pretty much worshiped MCU Namor. So one does wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^his grumpy face and perfectly sculpted eyebrows!
    I am glad they gave him The Eyebrows. They aren't quite the Kirby Eyebrows, but I'm good with that, as I'm not a fan of that extreme. O_O

That's from the same run that gave Namor a son with Llyra, eh? Ignoring the detail that Hybrid-Atlanteans are supposed to be infertile (post-Byrne era). I'd say Andromeda having the feels for Namor is also ignorable.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I am glad they gave him The Eyebrows. They aren't quite the Kirby Eyebrows, but I'm good with that, as I'm not a fan of that extreme. O_O
    ^^^Agreed! The “mascara” eyes really pop, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Hahaha, now those fights I want to see!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!