Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That's from the same run that gave Namor a son with Llyra, eh? Ignoring the detail that Hybrid-Atlanteans are supposed to be infertile (post-Byrne era). I'd say Andromeda having the feels for Namor is also ignorable.
    Lord, the worst of the worst, piled onto the worst. I'm perfectly fine with all writers until eternity ignoring that nonsense of Byrne's about mixed races. The problem with Llyron, is that Glen Herding didn't ignored it, and Llyron wasn't actually Namor's kid. Instead, Herding ignored any sort of royal line of succession, by somehow making a person who had zero Atlantean blood, much less royal Atlantean blood, an acceptable heir -- because Namor was his uncle by marriage. Seriously, WTF??? Please, someone show me where Leonard McKenzie was ever considered an Atlantean king?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

That's such an odd mash up on the Subby #2 cover. It looks like someone doctored a Big John figure ... like the torso is clearly a recolored scaly Triton. But then they tacked on a Johnny Romita blond head, which I'm willing to bet doesn't actually belong to Aquaman .. but some blond Marvel character.

The second cover is a much smoother creation ... I think all of it is by Gil Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, now those fights I want to see!
    They have them regularly on battleboards and forums. I'll have to pass. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Does Namor still have his hydrokinetic abilities? If so, what is the extent if this power?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's such an odd mash up on the Subby #2 cover. It looks like someone doctored a Big John figure ... like the torso is clearly a recolored scaly Triton. But then they tacked on a Johnny Romita blond head, which I'm willing to bet doesn't actually belong to Aquaman .. but some blond Marvel character.

The second cover is a much smoother creation ... I think all of it is by Gil Kane.

They have them regularly on battleboards and forums. I'll have to pass. ;p
    Yeah, I just meant the comics as pictured, not the battleboards, nor those endless discussion boards of who is better.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Does Namor still have his hydrokinetic abilities? If so, what is the extent if this power?
    Since we haven't seen him for almost a year, who knows? I could honestly do without them. He had the tech to raise tidal waves, I think that's more than enough.

Also adding to the list of Namor things I never want to see -- the Golden Age sprinkler system.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I just meant the comics as pictured, not the battleboards, nor those endless discussion boards of who is better.
    I'm pretty sure it would devolve into the same sort of battle board nonsense. That's basically what happened when they did meet under the very biased pen of Aquaman writer Peter David.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Hilarious, but Shades of Sue Storm - - another blonde!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I'm pretty sure it would devolve into the same sort of battle board nonsense. That's basically what happened when they did meet under the very biased pen of Aquaman writer Peter David.
    I know, right?! Truly a tragic outcome of epic proportions (T^T)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Ugh, not that again lol

I mean, technically, doesn't the orca win?

Plus, there's no reality anywhere in which Namor would ever be stopped by dropping something heavy on him. An orca isn't even that heavy (relatively). Then again, this was the same book that Wolverine beats up Lobo, so..

I'm biased of course, but even knowing very little about Aquaman, Namor should be able to take him, no?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Ugh, not that again lol

I mean, technically, doesn't the orca win?

Plus, there's no reality anywhere in which Namor would ever be stopped by dropping something heavy on him. An orca isn't even that heavy (relatively). Then again, this was the same book that Wolverine beats up Lobo, so..

I'm biased of course, but even knowing very little about Aquaman, Namor should be able to take him, no?
    Namor's stats vs Aquaman's is that Namor would beat him every time. There was a very biased video about a Namor vs Aquaman battle and they had to use every single thing Aquaman could do to beat Namor while they totally ignored most of Namor's abilities. You know how that battle ended? :/ with Aquaman using his fish telepathy to command sea creatures to hold/attack Namor. The Aquaman bias is only because he was the more popular character/household name.

Aquaman dropping an orca on Namor to cheat to win is so annoying.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Namor will be featured in Giant-Sized Fantastic Four #1 in February.

I'm not sure who the Atlantean is on the cover but I hope it isn't Namor.

(W) Fabian Nicieza (A) Creees Lee (CA) Bryan Hitch
    IMPERIUS REX!
    Namor is imprisoned, serving out his sentence as the disgraced King of Atlantis! So when a new yet ancient threat arises from the sea, who better to leap into the fray than Marvel's First Family: the FANTASTIC FOUR! Writer FABIAN NICIEZA and artist CREEES LEE join forces for a GIANT-SIZE deep dive into some of Atlantis' most dangerous history...and the present that can scarcely hope to contain it! PLUS: Includes a reprinting of FANTASTIC FOUR #33, a classic issue from Stan Lee and Jack Kirby featuring betrayal, action and high drama - in the Atlantean style!
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Feb 28, 2024

Even by battle-board standards, the overwhelming majority agree that Namor would handily defeat Aquaman.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Even if he has lost this power, he still has the same ability when using the Trident of Neptune, it's just no one ever has him use it. Plus, like Rev said, Atlantis has had ocean manipulating tech forever. (but again, they're just never written to be using it)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Namor will be featured in Giant-Sized Fantastic Four #1 in February.

I'm not sure who the Atlantean is on the cover but I hope it isn't Namor.

(W) Fabian Nicieza (A) Creees Lee (CA) Bryan Hitch
    IMPERIUS REX!
    Namor is imprisoned, serving out his sentence as the disgraced King of Atlantis! So when a new yet ancient threat arises from the sea, who better to leap into the fray than Marvel's First Family: the FANTASTIC FOUR! Writer FABIAN NICIEZA and artist CREEES LEE join forces for a GIANT-SIZE deep dive into some of Atlantis' most dangerous history...and the present that can scarcely hope to contain it! PLUS: Includes a reprinting of FANTASTIC FOUR #33, a classic issue from Stan Lee and Jack Kirby featuring betrayal, action and high drama - in the Atlantean style!
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Feb 28, 2024
    It's already confirmed not to be Namor, it's one of his ancient ancestors. We won't know if Namor makes an appearance in the comic until its out.

So a friend shared from the Namor kids book that came out since they bought it and it is such a mess, they mashed up the mcu/comic origins, they threw in characters like Barracuda, Dr Dorcas, Byrrah, with blue skin, but they have MCU Attuma who is evil now, and they have mcu Fen with comic Leonard, Namor is the king of Atlantis not Talokan, and it's just bad. Like I wished they had picked either one instead of trying to fit both. Anyways save your few bucks bc it's not worth it imo.