Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

OH! She's called "Paige" as a reference to "P.G."!. I just got that...had been thinking its an arbitrary new name for Kara.

From the backup in Action Comics leading to the current run and yeah looking back on it that panel framing and even the choice of which words are in bold during Jon's speech really doesn't look good, like Jon is making the decision for her and that's final. Though I can get where they were coming from with the last part with Jon trying to emphasise that he considers her family, but it still comes off badly when taken with the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post

From the backup in Action Comics leading to the current run and yeah looking back on it that panel framing and even the choice of which words are in bold during Jon's speech really doesn't look good, like Jon is making the decision for her and that's final. Though I can get where they were coming from with the last part with Jon trying to emphasise that he considers her family, but it still comes off badly when taken with the rest of it.
    Actually that suggestion sounds like a reason Kara should knock him into next week

The more I read this book, the more I become convinced that Lilith is secretly messing with Karen's head on behalf of Amanda Waller (since she's behind *everything* in the DCU these days).

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Actually that suggestion sounds like a reason Kara should knock him into next week
    I’m surprised she didn’t have a reaction to this like she did to Sylvester when he gave her the P-symbol for her costume in All-Star Comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post

Real people would have handled making her feel like family more by...making her feel more like family, by including her in their family gatherings, calling on the phone at times to talk to her, celebrating her birthday with her...stuff like that. Not by randomly calling her something other than her name. The good news is it's fairly easy to simply change this back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Real people would have handled making her feel like family more by...making her feel more like family, by including her in their family gatherings, calling on the phone at times to talk to her, celebrating her birthday with her...stuff like that. Not by randomly calling her something other than her name. The good news is it's fairly easy to simply change this back.
    Like how would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    use time travel to retcon Jon into someone who's actually a good cousin, and not a jerk?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    At this point, to limit the damage this has been doing to the character, I'd simply pretend it never happened, or was just a bad dream if you feel the need to acknowledge this run happened. I don't personally feel this run is even worth acknowledging at all, simply ignore it and bring back classic PG.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    At this point, to limit the damage this has been doing to the character, I'd simply pretend it never happened, or was just a bad dream if you feel the need to acknowledge this run happened. I don't personally feel this run is even worth acknowledging at all, simply ignore it and bring back classic PG.
    Omen, actually all of this can be an illusion by Psycho Pirate playing another trick on Power Girl. All of this stuff started after Lazarus Planet, so the magic could have weakened Power Girl's mental state, which made her more susceptible to Psycho Pirate's trickery.

Sure, we can play around with Omen or Psycho Pirate, but we should really go at the root of the problem and retcon Jon out of existence. It is a WIN/WIN solution.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I find this hilarious how this actually trended. Talk about bad publicity DC.

Though apparently half of the PG hashtag involved an unrelated controversy with a user whose tag-name is Power-Girl amusingly enough.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I feel like ignoring it is the best move at this point. Calling it a dream would force people to acknowledge it, and the supposed solution to the problem somehow makes it seem even worse. I’d prefer to just pretend it never happened.

Any time I think of the use of a dream to get out of a comics jam, it makes me think of the dream sequence episodes of the Sopranos. An otherwise perfect show, those are the only warts that served no purpose other than filler that wasted people’s time.

And that panel with Jon renaming her was the start of it all. Ugh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

So forget Karen as Paige and forget Jon as older? Will that fix all or most of the problems in the Superman family of books and characters?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I feel like ignoring it is the best move at this point. Calling it a dream would force people to acknowledge it, and the supposed solution to the problem somehow makes it seem even worse. I’d prefer to just pretend it never happened.

Any time I think of the use of a dream to get out of a comics jam, it makes me think of the dream sequence episodes of the Sopranos. An otherwise perfect show, those are the only warts that served no purpose other than filler that wasted people’s time.

And that panel with Jon renaming her was the start of it all. Ugh.
    I agree, ignoring it and just continuing on with a different writer to handle the OG PG. I don't think this run deserves any more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So forget Karen as Paige and forget Jon as older? Will that fix all or most of the problems in the Superman family of books and characters?
    Not sure about "most" but a lot yes.