Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay so we are making jokes out of Omen's inability to respect people's privacy by not reading their minds.

God Omen is such a misfire in this book. Williams is trying to write her as quirky and charming but she instead comes as insufferable and a nosy jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay so we are making jokes out of Omen's inability to respect people's privacy by not reading their minds.

God Omen is such a misfire in this book. Williams is trying to write her as quirky and charming but she instead comes as insufferable and a nosy jerk.
    I did find the "reading my mind without permission" jar kind of funny .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did find the "reading my mind without permission" jar kind of funny .
    yeah but the fact it's full....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I skipped over that until you mentioned it... why would Kara have to worry about falling over while trying to roller skate?
    Um, yeah, she can fly. And would have superhuman balance and reflexes, just to make the rest of her powers work. She might have problems doing things, but those things aren't usually going to be simple balance issues. I get the impression that exactly zero thought was put into this and other recent PG stories. Excuse me, "Paige" stories. Maybe it's time to turn the...page on this one.

Did the artist forget what Lilith looks like? On the first couple of pages she correctly has bangs, but on the last one she doesn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Was there a wind?

IMG_2578.jpg

Power Girl has been trending for the last 24 hours after a fan thread discussing the problems with the new Power Girl. There seems to be a common consensus that this Paige incarnation of the character isn’t appealing to fans.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    IMG_2578.jpg

Power Girl has been trending for the last 24 hours after a fan thread discussing the problems with the new Power Girl. There seems to be a common consensus that this Paige incarnation of the character isn’t appealing to fans.
    I'm not surprised. This run is as close to universally panned as any modern comic book run I know of.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-21-2024 at 06:21 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    IMG_2578.jpg

Yeah I've found several posts and threads talking about it

https://twitter.com/franklinsherald/...32450399305733

https://twitter.com/KestrelDC/status...01529076711714

https://twitter.com/franklinsherald/...20183263953242

Its really being brought to attention

One of the replies mentions how that page with Jon reads like a threat. And I think thats my head canon now, Jon bullied PG into changing her name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    One of the replies mentions how that page with Jon reads like a threat. And I think thats my head canon now, Jon bullied PG into changing her name.
    My head cannon is still that either Omen is behind the personality change or that both Kara and Lilith had someone rewire their heads. Neither of them is acting much like their classic selves and we know Omen was linked to Power Girl's psyche since this whole change began.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I never realized it until it was pointed out now, but wow yeah Jon being the source of Karen's new name means she got her name from a man. She didn't think of it herself, she only called herself that cause a guy thought it up.

Another instance of the botch Superfam integration. Plus another dumb example of Jon being the guy who names stuff like the United Planets.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So, a woman who has the ability to fly and run with super speed....can't balance herself enough to rollerskate...because she has a big chest....I can suspend my disbelief as well as any comicbook fan, but this "lol quirky" writing style wore out its welcome ten years ago. This is painful, they have to know how negative this book is being received.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    This may have already been posted (it’s from a prev variant on the current run) but I love Dani’s art so…

Attachment 138934
    That pose is as old as the hills but it reminds me of the classic Adam Hughes image

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    get the impression that exactly zero thought was put into this and other recent PG stories. Excuse me, "Paige" stories. Maybe it's time to turn the...page on this one.
    OH! She's called "Paige" as a reference to "P.G."!. I just got that...had been thinking its an arbitrary new name for Kara.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.