Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    There's an irony here that Williams editor is also a woman, so this is a case of a female character being seriously handled by women.

Honestly Williams whole plan here was very misguided. She clearly wanted to write a fish out of water character, which wouldn't work for either PG or Kara because both women have been on Earth for some time now. Having them have to relearn everything again would have been disrespectful to both characters.

Would have been better off just creating an OC and do the whole fish out of water plotline with her while have PG taking care of her.
    Or, considering PG is in the JSA, giving her one of the Lost Children as a sidekick? Most of them are time displaced, so certainly count as fish out of water.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or, considering PG is in the JSA, giving her one of the Lost Children as a sidekick? Most of them are time displaced, so certainly count as fish out of water.
    I don't think she needs a sidekick at this point. Perhaps later, when she's been more established as a solo hero. But that would be a considerable way down the line IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't think she needs a sidekick at this point. Perhaps later, when she's been more established as a solo hero. But that would be a considerable way down the line IMO.
    Honestly? "Solo" heroes seem to never stay that way. Trying to write her as a solo hero would make her a sidekick magnet.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly? "Solo" heroes seem to never stay that way. Trying to write her as a solo hero would make her a sidekick magnet.
    Much better options than her current standing with current sidekick. Make her the experienced mentor, or perhaps a reluctant mentor. Her current status is just not enjoyable.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

That itself could be a good take, having her perhaps attract such people, and having eventually to choose one. Perhaps the contenders would try a tournament or just street fights to prove themselves worthy. But that would require PG herself to be an experienced and famous hero.

Power Girl is kinda a sidekick magnet already. Karen mentored Atlee in the Palmiotti run, New 52 introduced Tanya Spears, even though she didn't spend much time with Karen, I'd consider her a legacy of her's. Williams' run has Omen, who has been attached to Power Girl's hip since Lazarus Planet.

I feel like the last time Power Girl had a solo series where she was truly solo was the Paul Kupperberg mini back in the 1988.
    Last edited by PrydefulHunts; 04-03-2024 at 09:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Power Girl is kinda a sidekick magnet already. Karen mentored Atlee in the Palmiotti run, New 52 introduced Tanya Spears, even though she didn't spend much time with Karen, I'd consider her a legacy of her's. Williams' run has Omen, who has been attached to Power Girl's hip since Lazarus Planet.

I feel like the last time Power Girl had a solo series where she was truly solo was the Paul Kupperberg mini back in the 1988.
    Eh, the Winick run didn't have a sidekick, just a Oracle stand-in.

Eh, the Winick run didn't have a sidekick, just a Oracle stand-in.
    Atlee was dropped by Winck, which is understandable. However, Power Girl's series became a JL Generation Lost's team-up book.

I think Power Girl needs a book where she can be the solo hero that saves the day, not relying on anyone else. Expand on her life as Karen Starr running Starrware, and showing her complex history and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Atlee was dropped by Winck, which is understandable. However, Power Girl's series became a JL Generation Lost's team-up book.

I think Power Girl needs a book where she can be the solo hero that saves the day, not relying on anyone else. Expand on her life as Karen Starr running Starrware, and showing her complex history and personality.
    and hijinks hanging out with Divine.

Extraordinary Member

Just to kickstart this thread again, and to get WB to make that Power Girl movie....may I suggest as lead actress Sydney Sweeny? She's hot now, and has at least some of the talents needed....

Just to kickstart this thread again, and to get WB to make that Power Girl movie....may I suggest as lead actress Sydney Sweeny? She's hot now, and has at least some of the talents needed....
    do you think she would want to do a another superhero movie after Madam Web? She has the build though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    do you think she would want to do a another superhero movie after Madam Web? She has the build though

I think after madame web she would want to gain her self respect again and get her hero cred back by playing a character she was born to play
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Love it. Especially the colors.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog