Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Supergirl, Lilith and Powergirl.
    Ok, it may be crass, but it looks to me like PG’s breasts are smaller than the others in this? That’s not right!
    The Bart Searsification never happened in this continuity. No giant tall Powergirl. No really muscular Powergirl. And no wry feministy Powergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I had no idea that was Karen/Powergirl in the pic until you pointed it out. I swear her body is now that of a completely generic female superhero with none of the muscles mixed with curves we were used to. I guess they've decided to downgrade her formerly unique look along with her formerly dynamic personality and intriguing backstory on Earth (running her own company, etc), damn....
    What's important is that she is Kryptonian again and actively participates as part of Superman extended family. That other stuff had no value because that came from an era where she was Atlantean and the only existing Supergirl analogue.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yes, this isn't PG, it's an imposter.
    See but for TPTB the Power Girl of Post Crisis is the imposter. Now that she has returned to status of also-Supergirl things are supposed to be better.

Amazing Member

Power Girl way be a more subtle example of a character who's different versions could be different characters:
    • Pre-Crisis Infinity Inc style Power Girl.
    • ~90's Justice League style Power Girl.
    • ~00's JSA Power Girl, who had her own series and seems to be the most popular version.
    • New 52 Power Girl.
    • And now the latest, talked about version.

If you try to clean up DC continuity by separating things out into a multiverse, these versions would be separate people.
    Last edited by GreyFox; 01-16-2024 at 06:11 AM. Reason: types

What they're doing with Power Girl now feels like a massive over correction, apparently in the minds of some creators the 2010's never ended. For the longest time she was the poster child of bad portrayals of female characters. Even though in the grand scheme of things, she didn't show that much skin. "Clean them all up, no more bikini costumes, boob window bad, male gaze bad, rah, rah, rah!" Except now the internet thinks that fetishizing muscular women is somehow progressive, "Buff Wonder Woman is so sexy, crush my head with your powerful thighs, death by snu snu, step on me mommy!" (On a completely unrelated note, DC should keep Jason Aaron away from the amazons as long as possible) I mean they're still objectifying women, but it's okay when they do it.

Power Girl was never really broken, her backstory was never as complicated as Donna Troy's, but they decided to fix her anyway, by turning her into a quirky millennial f-up. I was worried that Williams would go full bimbo with her, but this is worse. The only thing she's missing is a loser boyfriend she's too good for. I wonder if Paul's into blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    What they're doing with Power Girl now feels like a massive over correction, apparently in the minds of some creators the 2010's never ended. For the longest time she was the poster child of bad portrayals of female characters. Even though in the grand scheme of things, she didn't show that much skin. "Clean them all up, no more bikini costumes, boob window bad, male gaze bad, rah, rah, rah!" Except now the internet thinks that fetishizing muscular women is somehow progressive, "Buff Wonder Woman is so sexy, crush my head with your powerful thighs, death by snu snu, step on me mommy!" (On a completely unrelated note, DC should keep Jason Aaron away from the amazons as long as possible) I mean they're still objectifying women, but it's okay when they do it.

Power Girl was never really broken, her backstory was never as complicated as Donna Troy's, but they decided to fix her anyway, by turning her into a quirky millennial f-up. I was worried that Williams would go full bimbo with her, but this is worse. The only thing she's missing is a loser boyfriend she's too good for. I wonder if Paul's into blondes.
    Again, you need to see a great handling of Power Girl, just look at the Conner/Palmiotti run.

HOUSE OF BRAINIAC, will feature Tie ins from Green Lantern and of course Power girl in its number 8
    Synopsis: After an unexpected attack by Brainiac and his forces, everyone with superpowers in Metropolis has been kidnapped or imprisoned, leaving Power Girl as the only superhero protecting a city full of defenseless civilians. Will she be up to the challenge, and will the arrival of Crush, Lobo's daughter, make things even more difficult?
    Written by Leah Williams with art by Eduardo Pansica

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    HOUSE OF BRAINIAC, will feature Tie ins from Green Lantern and of course Power girl in its number 8
    Synopsis: After an unexpected attack by Brainiac and his forces, everyone with superpowers in Metropolis has been kidnapped or imprisoned, leaving Power Girl as the only superhero protecting a city full of defenseless civilians. Will she be up to the challenge, and will the arrival of Crush, Lobo's daughter, make things even more difficult?
    Written by Leah Williams with art by Eduardo Pansica

Interesting, that looks more like PG.

House of what now

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Interesting, that looks more like PG.
    indeed it does
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Again, you need to see a great handling of Power Girl, just look at the Conner/Palmiotti run.
    I liked it, but I've liked other portrayals of PG more. JSA vs Kobra for example. I feel Darwyn Cooke could have written and drawn a perfect PG, especially a period on set in the 50s in Vegas. Damn, I really would have loved that. Or pretty much anything done by him; he was so great.

I guess it doesn't matter if they do the red belt or not.

Power Girl 6 cover variant Carla Cohen.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...8/power-girl-6

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But what we all want it seems is a NEW great handling of Power Girl. Rereading the old stuff is fine, but the character and her fans deserve a great new series, not a writer's fantasy projection onto the character.